Pit Bull <3er's

Options

Replies

• rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Beautiful baby!!!!!

My daugther has a pit bull named Stella who is the most loving, caring, gentle dog. The breed is so precious and wonderful, I hate that they have such a bad name.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    P.S. OP, your baby is beautiful!! :flowerforyou:
  • sassyshook
    sassyshook Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have 2 pits that I adore! They are the sweetest things ever. All they are ever concerned about is pleasing my husband and I.
    This is Soncho
    soncho-1.jpg
    this is our Zoey- and she actually caught the frisbee just like that. :)
    zoeycaughtit-1.jpg
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    542966_10151505969385578_733180577_23728859_2117467801_n.jpg

417437_10151359774070578_733180577_23129770_42592611_n.jpg

318379_10150900106015578_733180577_21387688_1923296848_n.jpg

These are my babies. Tucker is the brown one and Deuce is the white one. They are both rescues and the sweetest guys I know. :)

Sorry the pictures are so big...I don;t know how to make them smaller??
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I think Pitbulls are cool dogs.. just dislike owners that have one to make themselves look like badasses because they're not.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I've never met a pit or pit/mix I don't completely adore!!!! Then again, I've never met any dog, I don't want to snuggle. So cute.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think Pitbulls are cool dogs.. just dislike owners that have one to make themselves look like badasses because they're not.

Agreed. I don't believe in bad dogs, just bad owners.
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    And one more to make you all smile!

pittiebaby.jpg
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    My baby girl - 3 months - LOVES all people and doggies!

Gracie.jpg
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I have a love hate relationship with pitts. pure bred well trained pitts are awesome. I have a few friends that have then and they are the best dogs. I also have ran into several ones with attitudes. there are several breeds of dogs that closely resemble pitts that are more agressive and give pure bread pitts a bad name.

I have an American Bulldog, she a runt and is only 64 lbs, she awesome and super chill. she's been attacked by a pitt a few times and it never fazed her at all. she's never shown any aggression except towards that poor pitt that messed with the wrong dog :)

IslaandRoxie111.jpg
  • sassyshook
    sassyshook Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Agreed. I don't believe in bad dogs, just bad owners.

Yes the owners cause a lot of issues, trainging them to fight and teaching them to be mean. Pitbulls are very protective of their owners and owners sometimes use that beyond how they should. But I would not take anything for my pits. They are very sweet and very obedient dogs better than the other dogs i have.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I am pet sitting a coworker's 4 month old pit mix this week. She's a total sweetheart!

I think pits are great dogs! I hate what some people do to them and what they make them become. It breaks my heart.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    A pit bull is definitely in our list of dogs we are going to own. I want to continue with our new trend of getting "scary" dogs, and raising them properly, y'know with love and respect; so we can break this stupid stereotype.

:heart:
  • KaraP18
    KaraP18 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    <
    This is Zephyr. He will be 7 on 5/5/12. I have owned him since birth and also owned his dad and mom. He loves to go running with me. He is a lover. Its all about how they are raised for sure because he gets along well with other dogs, kids and babies. The key to making sure your are a responsible owner is to make sure they get lots of exercise. They are high energy and tend to get an attitude if not wore out.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I love pits! Every one I have met has been awesome and none have been pure bred. (With the amount of dogs killed every day, I don't understand breeding at all - IMO I have only ever had rescue mutts and have never had issues)

I have personally owned four pit mixes so far and hope to own lots more :-)
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Dogs are as unique as humans.

All these dog pics make me want to go rescue one!! :flowerforyou:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    This is Dolly, a ~3 yr old Pit/JRT mix (I know, don't ask!). I took this picture the day I got her off the transport. She was found running on a main road with 2 other dogs in Greenville, SC, last November, 5 days after her owner committed suicide. The shelter kept her for a couple of weeks, but apparently there's weight discrimination for dogs, too, because the other 2 were adopted, and one of the volunteers there said it was hard to adopt overweight dogs! Dolly was going to be put to sleep. The rescue I volunteer with pulled her the day before she was scheduled to be put down. I fostered her, and we bonded immediately. She slept lying across me, like she wanted to make sure I didn't go anywhere. She steals hearts everywhere she goes. Her mission in life is to lick your face, like it's the most urgent thing ever! She was adopted within a month, but they returned her 3 days later because she was miserable. She tried to dig her way out of their front door the first day, and tried to run away the 3rd day. She never did this at our house. She kept watching the door, and they were sure she was waiting for me. So, now she's my dog. I was her person all along. She's lost 10 lbs, so she no longer looks like a big white sausage. She makes me happy on a daily basis. :smile:

PART_1335469307725.jpg
  • Psychoanalytic
    Options
    Here, we have Peaches, my in-law's pitt/lab mix, and Shadow, our Doberman. Both were rescues and the most loveable dogs ever. Yes, they're protective of their humans and their home, but they couldn't be better dogs.

photo-1.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Here, we have Peaches, my in-law's pitt/lab mix, and Shadow, our Doberman. Both were rescues and the most loveable dogs ever. Yes, they're protective of their humans and their home, but they couldn't be better dogs.

They look so cute with natural ears! I'm a sucker for a black and tan dog. :smile:
  • Psychoanalytic
    Options

They look so cute with natural ears! I'm a sucker for a black and tan dog. :smile:

I want to punch the idiot that did the [insert-some-random-strain-of-words-inappropriate-for-the-forums-here] job on his tail. Seriously? It looks like a rubber band job. I love his big floppy ears though. If he had cropped ears, he'd look ridiculously scary hahaha.