deal breaker

Options

Replies

• SlimSammy2012
    Options
    I have too many to list....

you'll have to wait 'til my book comes out.

@ Notti....Well, I am ok with your pic of you however, the Mole on your forehead is a deal breaker for me!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Deal breakers:

-Does drugs (I can deal with a history of drugs but not actively using)
    -Won't live an hour radius from the town they grew up in (I get family is important to some people but I can't handle only being that fair from family, I'm 3 hours away and feel its too close)
    -homophobic, racist, sexist
    -pushes their beliefs on to me (religious, political, etc)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    mine is all caps
    She has to type in all caps at work.
    WHAT? THAT IS ILLOGICAL
    Illogical, perhaps, but true.
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Any dad that was as amazing as you mentioned, would see this ten miles away. If the girl I'm with can't accept my kids as if they were her own...sorry, no dice. They are more important to me than I am, and if she can't put them before herself/ourselves...then I can't put her before me, and...we don't belong together. My kids aren't exceptions.

For me, dishonesty, too independant (independance is AWESOME! But there's definitely a limit), oh, and dishonesty.

Dude, well said, that was perfect!

I am married, but before meeting my wife I had a laundry list of things that were must haves. My wife met nearly all of them. ;) One of those items on the list, is she had to have kids (preferably living with her or a reasonable explanation as to why they were not) as I have a child and frankly having children changes your universe so that you are not the center anymore.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    - bad body odor
    - bad dresser
    - racist/closed minded/rude/judgmental ..any of the sorts
    - convict
    - shy
    - cocky
    - shorter than me
    - more than 1 baby mama
    - not mechanically inclined
    - men with desk jobs

^^ off the top of my head. probably lot's more..
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

Any dad that was as amazing as you mentioned, would see this ten miles away. If the girl I'm with can't accept my kids as if they were her own...sorry, no dice. They are more important to me than I am, and if she can't put them before herself/ourselves...then I can't put her before me, and...we don't belong together. My kids aren't exceptions.

Very true. The first hint that whomever I'd date was against my kids, they would be gone. This is mainly because I value them being in my life more than I value anyone's company. And not to mention that they wouldn't deserve a woman who is in my life to be in theirs if she was against them.

Totally agree with y'all. My son is my number one, and I'm very lucky to have found man who might as well be is bio dad because he is an incredible father. And being an incredible father to a child who isn't his (and keep in mind, we weren't even 25 when we started dating), well that makes him amazing in my book.

But had the shoe been on the other foot, I don't think I could've dated a man with a child at the time, and that's totally cool. I completely understand if somebody doesn't want to date a person with kids.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    self absorbed/narcissistic
    racist
    lazy (sorry sounds judgemental...but i can't operate with laziness)
    religion nut (love spiritual, but the whole christian thing, not so much)
    absent parent (or one who tend to 'check out' emotionally from parenting
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My deal breaker is this.

I'm a pacifist and I can't stand fighting or arguing really.

Agreed! Fighting stresses me out way too much
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I dont like hairy men (urgh!) they have to have a job, or at least have a damn good reason for not having one, will probably get lynched for this but I dont like guys who are into football (soccer for the US dudes!) because I find those type of guys put the game before everything! I do like football a bit myself so a mild interest is preferable, and they MUST like Formula 1 because its my favourite!

Also, with whats happened in the economy recently I get really wound up if I tell somebody I work in a bank and then they go on and on about how I ruined the world... yeah, it was me, personally, that ruined the world. :grumble: so any guy who wants to get on at me for my job is instantly given the ol' heave ho!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Lies. Man, I hateee liars.

Drugs.

Anything more than social drinking.

Smoking.

Disrespect...with me...with the family...with people in general.

Low IQ.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options

Current deal breakers:
    -Not manly enough!
    -Big ego

Those two are are sort of at cross purposes lol.

Haha this is true!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    So I am curious...when it comes to picking your SO what are your deal breakers?

I have a couple....racist (they get the finger on the way out), extremely hairy (sorry it just is not my thing), or dumb (I am not looking for Einstein but intelligence is a turn on).

So what are yours??

Smoking.
    Cheating.

That's it.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    racist
    stupid
    no sense of humor
    hates animals
    homophobic
  • pixelish
    pixelish Posts: 54
    Options
    Now, it would have to be "any person not my husband".
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    - No liberals
    - No straightedge, anti-drinking/anti-smoking/anti-pot types.

That's about it... :laugh:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    viewing our relationship as a personal social experiment
    inconsistency - such as encouraging my feelings to grow, then rebuking me when they do
    calling me Sookie
    pills/shooting up/snorting stuff addictions
    belittling things I am proud of
    but most importantly - lack of enthusiasm for life
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Aside from the obvious ...

kids
    intense religious views
    close mindedness
    too open minded (I never would have thought there to be such a thing ten years ago ... oh how things change ...)
    too young, too old (both of which are variables, of course)
    an inability to pull oneself from television, video games, etc. Basically if you're spending more time with the tv or games than me we've probably got a problem
    insanity
  • phillieschic
    Options
    No ex-husbands!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

Current deal breakers:
    -Not manly enough!
    -Big ego

Those two are are sort of at cross purposes lol.

Haha this is true!

I sort of understand what you mean. I'm a man, I do lots, and I mean LOTS of man things (I also do many, many other things). I do my best to do them well...with a reasonable amount of success.

I don't have to be an asshat though, lol.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    MUST BE INTELLIGENT #1 QUALITY I LOOK FOR
    RACCIST
    RUDE
    SMOKING/ DRUGS/ DRINKING ON A REGULAR BASIS
    NO SENSE OF ADVENTURE
    PRUDE OR TIMID IN THE BEDROOM (I LIKE MY BOYS DIRTY BEHIND CLOSED DOORS)
    CHEAP, IF YOU CAN'T BUY ME COFFEE ON THE FIRST DATE WE SHOULDN'T BE DATING (P.S. I PAY FOR DATES TOO!)
    JOBLESS
    NEGATIVE ATTITUDE, I CAN'T BE YOUR ONLY SOURCE OF HAPPINESS. IT'S DRAINING. SERIOUSLY.
    MUST HAVE A CAR (I WILL MEET HALFWAY AND SHARE DRIVE TIME ETC. I AM NOT A TAXI)
    I THINK THATS IT

mine is all caps

Hahaa.