can someone explain...

Options
124»

Replies

• zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I like Nickelback but sold tickets I won for over 300 dollars. I liked the money more!

Nickelback tickets go for $300 and I saw BB King for $50.

Something ain't right there!

I paid $75 to see BB King. No I'm not complaining.

and nickelback is garbage.
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I like them. I even saw them in concert several years ago in San Fran. Haters always gonna hate! lol
  • AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I don't like them because the singer sounds like he's severely constipated. That's just my opinion though.
  • Six6xiS
    Six6xiS Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Listen to "How You Remind Me" and "Someday" at the same time. There is your answer.
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I was having problems with bad fatigue and motivation when my doctors discovered I had low testosterone. After weeks of testing with no idea why it had dropped to almost nothing, my doc began asking me about my personal life, hobbies, and activity. He finally figured out that the 15-20 minutes a day I spent in the car with my wife listening to her new Nickleback CD was destroying my testosterone output. He gave me a note ordering my wife to stop playing it around me or I would waste away to nothing.

this could also have been the cause of the nipple leakage you were speaking of
  • Amberetta82
    Amberetta82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    nickelback-demotivational.jpg

:laugh: yes.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    rick-astley1.jpg?w=403

This made me LOL at work!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    This is why I personally dislike Nickelback:

Their songs are boring to me.

Their songs all sound the exact same to me.

Chad Kroeger sounds like he's trying to force out a massive poop when he sings (at least that is what it sounds like to me).

Their lyrics aren't anything special...in fact I think they're generally pretty dumb.

The melodies aren't fun or catchy enough to make up for the crappy lyrics.

That's all I can think of...for now...
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My personal dislike for them as a band comes from the fact that the local radio plays them every hour, on the hour, every day. Even Christmastime. I can't take that much of anything... except Nightwish or Killswitch Engage.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    yeah I don't hate them. I like some Nickleback. I hate the Red Hot Chili Peppers ack! all their stuff sounds the same & it's like 'clockwork orange' music- it's torture! I have to turn them off
  • Nicolette_Karls
    Options
    Personally, I enjoy their music. They aren't as unilateral as everyone says they are. I listen to a lot of different genres, and I generally don't go for what's "popular." But honestly, at least their lyrics aren't "*kitten* that h*, shakin dat *ss, b*tches gettin money, blah blah blah." I would take Chad Kroeger over most singers any day. And, I have no shame in loving their music :heart:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Personally, I enjoy their music. They aren't as unilateral as everyone says they are. I listen to a lot of different genres, and I generally don't go for what's "popular." But honestly, at least their lyrics aren't "*kitten* that h*, shakin dat *ss, b*tches gettin money, blah blah blah." I would take Chad Kroeger over most singers any day. And, I have no shame in loving their music :heart:

All I got from this is that you don't like gangsta rap.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Oh, come on guys, creed still shreds!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHUF00Q6CYs
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Same reason they hate Rick Astley? I actually like him. :-)

WE DO NOT SPEAK OF RICK, RENEE!!!! YOU KNOW THE RULES!!!!
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    They are the rock epitome of what is wrong with the music industry on a whole. They are not particularly good at anything other than getting their stuff played on the radio - which makes them popular and sells records. That makes the people who appreciate any of the thousands of better rock bands who do not get the play and pops to hate them.

This is really well said, and very true. I think if Nickleback touted themselves as a pop group, people might hate them less (lots of pop sounds the same, which is also why it's popular). But they tout themselves as a rock group, and yet sort of don't do anything that rock does (songs are simple, band members appear untalented - although there's no way of knowing when they're playing simple songs, and their lyrics are what you would write if someone asked you to write a parody of what it means to be in rock and roll).

They're the equivalent of all those hair bands that came out in the 80's. Kind of like today's Winger.

That being said - their music can be catchy and is fun to dance to when you're drunk. Just like pop music. I think people just want them to call themselves that.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

OMG don't EVEN get me started on Creed. Creed was like the Nickelback of 2001.
  • Nicolette_Karls
    Options

All I got from this is that you don't like gangsta rap.

All I got from this is you like to state the obvious.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options

OMG don't EVEN get me started on Creed. Creed was like the Nickelback of 2001.
    Come on meredith, tell me you watched it \m/
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    the lead singer said people can hate as much as possible, they love the music they make and theyve sold a lot of cds and have made lots of money. personally i like them. i dont say i do, because people give me crap. plus he finally cut that damn hair of his and makes him look a lot better.