instead of cream in your coffee....you use??

Options
dyannajoy
dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
looking for a healthier, lower calorie/fat option......and no milk will not do....must be creamy:bigsmile:

Replies

• alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    They do make a non-fat half-and-half. Relatively creamy. :)
  • Nic529
    Nic529 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Plain or vanilla almond milk!!!
  • dyannajoy
    Options
    They do make a non-fat half-and-half. Relatively creamy. :)

yeah, I have tried them and for whatever reason do not like the taste......but thanks for trying:happy:
  • dyannajoy
    Options
    Plain or vanilla almond milk!!!

yup I will try that next.....thanks!!
  • ShanaGore
    ShanaGore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I use either land o lakes or Skim PLUS, fat free half and half, it is creamy and works great in my coffee
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Low cal evap. is not bad!
  • LatinaPuppyLover
    Options
    I use the coffee creamer is non dairy, fat free and only 10 calories per tsp. I use the walmart brand and is a powder
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Almond milk, whole milk (does the trick for me), soy creamer. I like whole milk the best. Especially if I know I will want a lot of milk. Worst case I add a 1/4 cup. Not too bad. And easy to find at most places when you are having coffee out.

I don't like the fat free half and half or the powders. I am actually on the fence about the soy and coconut milk creamers. They are good, but do have lots of ingredients.
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Protein powder and a packet of Stevia :bigsmile:

That's what I use, BUT if your looking for lowest calorie, black is the way to go.
    If you can't go black the use sugar free creamer and Stevia (0 cal raw sugar)

OR- when I'm in the mood for something that tastes un-healthy but isn't- Vanilla silk light soy milk, a splash of Vanilla extract ( I add a scoop of protein powder) and coffee.
  • msmindylee
    Options
    I have been using unsweetened vanilla soy milk. The fat-free half-and-half and the powder creamers are full of stuff I don't want to put in my body if I can avoid them.
  • bekihughes
    Options
    I only allow myself 1 Tbls instead of 2. That way you are still getting the taste of it. It's hard to find something to replace creamer. Expecially if you like a certain flavor.

If I drink my cup with my 1 Tbls that is all I get. Then it's just plain coffee.
  • happypath101
    Options
    I seriously do NOT know what I'd do without "International Delight Coffee Creamer - Fat Free French Vanilla". Probably the biggest change I made in my diet was to replace cream and sugar with this stuff. I have a bottle at the fridge at work, at home, at my boyfriends'...... It's creamy, it's yummy, and it's very low cal/low fat. (Maybe one day I'll kick the coffee habit or go black. But, for now, this is my saving grace.) :O)
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Land o Lakes, Mini Moos & stevia also makes flavored drops, vanilla creme, dark choc, hazelnut
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I love, love the sugar free hazelnut coffee mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I use slimfast. Cappuccino Delight or The chocolate

Finish the bottle later with my snack.
  • Mikaylarae27
    Mikaylarae27 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one has mentioned COCONUT MILK, the canned stuff. Regular or light. Try it, its awesome.
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    There are just some things that can't be adjusted and my coffee is one of them. I am down to 2 tsp. of sugar and 2 tsp. of njoy non dairy coffee creamer. If I do milk it's only 1 tbsp. It used to be alot more and I have scaled back but my morning cup of coffee is only 50 calories and darn it's worth it.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    a 1/3 packet of super diet version of hot cocoa mix
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one has mentioned COCONUT MILK, the canned stuff. Regular or light. Try it, its awesome.

WILL BE DOING THIS!!! Is it sweet and coconutty? (I hope so!)
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I just can't give up the cream/evaporated milk! Rather not drink tea or coffee without it :noway: