An extremely polite suggestion

Options
123457»

Replies

• HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    It annoys me also, but I also take into consideration that English won't necessarily be everybodies first language and these things can happen.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Eh it can go both ways. !- why not just take the time to spell it right or 2- why not just leave it be? Obviously you knew what they meant :grumble:
  • shellsie_j
    shellsie_j Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    How about some people may become paranoid about replying to posts for fear that they may not spell words correctly? And I triple checked this post before I sent it. The paranoia has begun.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    youreboring.gif
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I think it's kind of cute. Maybe they're not losing it, and instead they're setting it free!!

Fly away chunkbelly, fly away!

I think this should be nominated for best post today!
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I drink my exercise calories:drinker:
    The only reason I exercised today was to drink
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I think it's kind of cute. Maybe they're not losing it, and instead they're setting it free!!

Fly away chunkbelly, fly away!

I think this should be nominated for best post today!

It was pretty good wasn't it?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    Throw in my 2 cents....................there is no such thing as "TONING", being or looking "TONE", or "TONING EXERCISES". Yep that felt better.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • WingMan380
    Options
    P.S.: Do you always write/talk like this or are you actually just being annoying on purpose? lol

Just ****in' with ya, dude. Lighten up. Language is fluid but, more importantly, it's a tool for COMMUNICATION. Have fun with it. Bastardize it, even. Whether it's because you're ignorant or lazy or creative or just plain apathetic, use language as you wish. It's for YOU. And ME. And THEM. And US!

I mean, if I tell you, "Hey! The caps lock key on my keyboard is sticky. If i type the word i lowercase one more time i am going to lose it!" Would you get all upset Miss Twisty Panties? Would you have absolutely no idea what I meant without those uppercase Is? Or would you just be a little annoyed because you think being annoyed by bad grammar means you're smarter than the average pedant?

Yeah. That's what i thought.

:tongue:
    You say you are ****in with her but what you really meant is you wanted to **** her.
    lol
  • WingMan380
    Options
    was that ridiculously long introduction/buildup and incessant thesaurus-humping supposed to be funny? if so, i am amused. if not, i am amused anyway
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    roxor.gif
  • WingMan380
    Options
    Maybe one day we will all be perfect, but until then please keep posting useless **** for all of us to laugh at..........

waiting.gifbanghead.gifblahblah.gifbowdown.gifcop.gifslapfight.gif

repost.gif
    hijack.gif
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Just $12.50

grammar_police_classic_thong.jpg?color=White&height=460&width=460
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Can you do another one about "alot" (wrong) versus "a lot" (correct)? Thanks. :)
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    OP

You may not have meant it as a personal attack but simply putting
    This is not a personal attack on any individual or group.

This is not meant to be offensive in any way.
    does not mean that it won't be offensive or seen as an attack by some.

Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    CatCrazy
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.