women, do you dress for men or for women?

Options

Replies

• callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    I dress to impress myself! I like using my clothes as a way to express myself. I hate to toot my own horn, but I'm going to anyway. A lot of my girl friends know me as "the stylish one" or "the only girl who can pull that off." I like thinking outside of the box and putting creative looks together. :)
  • IndyMode
    IndyMode Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    For women, but I try to buy clothes my husband likes too.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you a story: I used to work in a factory surrounded by men and that was when I was at my heaviest and my clothes weren't fitting properly because I was in denial that I had to start wearing plus size. I STILL got compliments, none of them were sexual except from the very few women there. I actually had a woman ask me "are you trying to pick up men, your pants are too low! I can see your underwear but everyday there was this one guy I worked with who would tell me I'm beautiful. I couldn't even get that out of my fiance at the time. My fiance was a really rude man, I didn't think he was in the beginning because he didn't act like it, but I realized I attracted him by the way I dressed. He was really into me sexually until I stopped wearing low-rider pants and shirts that said stupid things like "if you can catch me I'm yours", also shirts that were too small for me, and started dressing more classy. Sex grinded to a hault from him but I knew I looked better and sexier I just wasn't trashy. Since then, I have never dressed for a man. I didn't even realize I was doing it.

Moral of the story: Dress for yourself!
  • skir927
    skir927 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I won't wear something I don't like, but barring that, I'd say that I try to dress so that men want me and women want to be me. :tongue:
  • momma2Lulu
    Options
    i dress for my kid. she's still little and will happily pull down my shirt, sometimes even up but that rare so theres always a second layer of protection or super high neckline. comfort is key most of the time. i do admit i like a certain pair of jeans because they are causal to the other moms (real important in making friends around here for some reason) while being just snug enough to impress the guys ... going for the whole "One Hot Mamma" thing :) conservative meets sexy :) lol :) my workout outfit is just for me ... granted my hubby thinks its hot... thats not the point nor was it expected, just a happy added bonus :)
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    Women. Before going to a party or special occasion, we always fuss about what everyone's wearing and then decide/confirm what we're wearing afterwards. Why? Competition and comfort. Many girls want to make sure that they are not going to be too under-dressed or over-dressed. Under-dressed can cause insecurity and discomfort while being over-dressed may cause unwanted attention. Some girls can be judgemental with what one wears, maybe up to a certain age though. Teens tend to judge quite a bit. I do dress for men as well but probably to a lesser extent, they don't seem to pay attention as much.

Overall though, I dress for myself because I love fashion and dressing up. What looks good doesn't have to be 'in style' though, it's more about what suits you and what looks best on you :)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I dress for myself.
    I like to wear what I feel comfortable in and that I feel doesn't make me look fat.
    Only expectations here.
  • MissMisery1313
    Options
    I don't dress to impress anyone. I dress in what's comfortable for me.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I never dress for men.... I love fashion and love clothes so I buy and wear what I like. A lot of the time my boyfriend doesnt like what I wear as it may be too fashion forward but no way would I dress for men.... they dont dress for us do they :) And if they did they wouldnt be wearing ill fitted jeans and shabby trainers :)

Sounds exactly like my girlfriend, lol :D
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    no one. i have 35 kids and have been married for 57million years. if i can find the time to even shower I'm happy!
  • RachFace1000
    RachFace1000 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I think I dress for men. Even when I'm dressed casually. I don't have a single man to impress, nor am I looking for someone; but I dress for men simply because I don't care about women. What they think of me, whether or not they accept me, etc. Never really had chick friends, and I most likely won't have very many close ones in the future. I'd rather impress the people I spend more time with and care about more.
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I think I do it for both really--I love wearing dresses and I know that it warrents a lot of attention from both ends,
  • Micksgurl
    Micksgurl Posts: 84
    Options
    I dress for myself. Whatever makes me feel good. I could care less if anyone approves of what I have on. I am not trying to make a statement with my clothing. However I will be honest and say that I used to care and when I did it was to impress everyone. Thank goodness I have relaxed and grown out of that stage. :wink:
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I dress to feel sexy. If I happen to catch someone's eye, male or female, that's just an added bonus.
  • lanenalatina
    lanenalatina Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I think I dress to Impress both!!! I know I shouldn't but what people think of me really counts so go figure
  • Razkler14
    Razkler14 Posts: 74
    Options
    Ya I just dress for me. Typically in workout clothes or sweats if I'm not at work in a uniform. Unless I am going out I really don't care what others think of my clothing choice. But if I do go out... I dress in what makes ME feel good, comfortably sexy, and confident. Usually the confidence and comfortably sexy is like a funnel. I am a people person no matter what I'm wearing.
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I dress to make myself feel good..I used to care what other's think, but it's just for myself now :-)
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    It depends on the situation.

If I am dressing for work, I dress to look professional and fashionable. This is normally noticed and appreciated by women but sometimes men.

If I am going out, I dress for my man.

And I love how people say "I don't CARE how people think I look." How silly. You're not the one who really sees you in the clothes, other people do, and people DO form opinions of you based on your appearance.

Unless you are the ones who say "I dress to feel comfortable" and then you are probably just a slob who really doesn't care how you look.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I dress for MYSELF... I am my biggest critic, so if i can impress myself, then that's a huge accomplishment.
  • sweetteacher123
    Options
    I dress to impress other wome. Let's be honest, most men are pretty easily impressed. Judgemental women are not!