How did you find MFP?

Options

Replies

• Veganbambina
    Veganbambina Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Twitter! I would see a past personal trainer complete his exercise diary every day. I was curious, so I checked it out. Now here I am, doing the same!
  • chelle2868
    Options
    I have a cousin who uses it on her phone. I was using two different online sites for tracking, one for calories and one for exercise, but I wasn't happy with either. I came and checked out MFP, love that I can use it on my Kindle, so here I am :happy:
  • ImSoPerfectlyFlawed
    ImSoPerfectlyFlawed Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    The app store, I was looking for a calorie counter. I downloaded it and then later saw it in Shape magazine as one of the best weight loss tools.
  • Selma10001984
    Selma10001984 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Through FB. I happen to write : "God Damn **** Scale:sad: " in one of my statusupdate out of frustration once. A guy asked me why? And I replied : Because the scale doenst want to show the figures that I want to see...
    And that's when an old college friend contacted me and told me about MFP. So I don't regret that outburst today , hehe...:laugh:
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    One of my co-workers had a friend who used it and knew I was starting a diet so told me about it. Best thing that could have happened to me! I have recommended to countless others!
  • BklynEibhlin
    BklynEibhlin Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I was using sparkpeople and my sister was using MFP. She showed me how to use the barcode scanner to add food and that appealed to the part of me that's always looking to do less work, so I made the switch. Then I told another one of our sisters and now three of us are on. :)
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I was looking up low calorie meals on the slimfast website and someone had recommended MFP on there. That was January 2011 and I've been here ever since! I have recommended the site to lots of friends/associates too!!

:drinker:
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    4 years ago I wanted a food diary of some sort and decided that I would do this someway somehow on the computer. I searched the nets and came across a couple of similar sites to MFP, but just didn't like 'em. I then found MFP one day and fell in love. We've been together ever since, hohoho! :heart:
  • Stephanie198907
    Stephanie198907 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    going through the app store on the ipad i got as a christmas present and this site had a five star rating and was free. i never looked back!
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I was looking up the calories for something and this website came up. Orginally I joined up to just help me control my intake and I was only ever on here for that, but I've been signing in religiously since february this year. This site and the people have helped so much with my recovery. I joined up for all the wrong reasons but I'm putting it to good use now. I love mfp!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    From my friend Shannon023 but please don`t hold that against her.

Shannon...:flowerforyou:

I just lost 6 friends. :noway:

I keed...I keed.....:tongue:

I was looking for running forums and mfp popped up. :smile:
  • Cat_from_Chicago
    Cat_from_Chicago Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    A co-worker at my internship.

She quit & I stayed.

She found out through a life-long friend who lost 100lbs on MFP
  • fionaface
    fionaface Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was actually required to sign for up MFP, as a homework assignment for my college nutrition class. Even though I was "forced" to come here, I am staying by choice. I love this site and all the great tools (and most importantly great HUMAN support) that come along with it! :)
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My sister randomly mentioned it to me when I started watching my foods and working out a few months ago. She's on here but never logs in. Oh well I'm so glad she told me though, I love this site:happy:
  • Guardien
    Guardien Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My wonderful wife introduced me to it. She found out about it from one of her friends.
  • joconnor09
    joconnor09 Posts: 124
    Options
    got an email from one of those websites that shows you sites from all over the internet. almost deleted the email without looking, but i'm so glad i did! this site is changing my life!! so glad i found it. i'll be here for a looooong time :)
  • darkheart
    darkheart Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    A few years ago when I was looking to lose a lot of weight, I was using My Calorie Counter, but that site started getting so glitchy, I left it. MFP is easier to use, and I love the phone app!
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I had looked for answers on yahoo to weight loss journeys and someone mentioned it in their answer. I looked it up, joined, downloaded the app, and have been here ever since!
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    I have a tumblr and saw someone have an account on here and was like hmmmm what is this? i'm so glad i found it :heart: yay for being a curious cat :drinker:
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I actually googled calorie calculators..and MFP was one of the first results.