women, do you dress for men or for women?

Options

Replies

• tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I never dress for anyone but myself. I've spent too much of my time worrying what other people think of me and how I look, if people don't like me or how I look then look away simple lol!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I don't really dress for either one. I figure if someone doesn't like how I dress then don't look at me. However, I do trust my daughter's judgement over my son's when I ask their opinion.
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    *gets popcorn*
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    The first person I want to impress when I look in the mirror is me.

When I was dating yes I would dress to impress, wear something that reveals the nice figure but not reveal too much because I didn't want to look like a skank! lol

As for other women - I don't give a toss what they think of my clothes! lol
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    I dress for MYSELF... I am my biggest critic, so if i can impress myself, then that's a huge accomplishment.

I totally agree
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Myself :)
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I dress for whoever/whatever the occasion is for
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Mostly myself.

But if I had to choose between men and women, I'd say women. I seriously don't believe that (most) men really notice what you're wearing at all, unless it shows off your body. Even if they do, I'm married, so I dress for my friends. :)
  • holycabbage
    Options
    i dress for myself, primarily. i want to look in the mirror and feel happy and comfortable and confident about my appearance. that said, i do love getting compliments from other people (male or female) who're just as into fashion as i am. so i guess i dress a little bit for them, too.
  • traceyjayne64
    Options
    I certainly dont dress to impress other women, i generally dress for myself although i like my husband to like what im wearing...then there are times when i most certainly dress to impress him :wink:
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I dress for me! I wear what I like and what I am comfortable in. Don't care what other women think...don't care what men think! When I walk out of the house I want to feel good about ME!

^^^^^This...............
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    ...I wouldn't even bother bringing my husband shopping.... I'm certain he'd prefer a root canal.
    I don't even take ME shopping, I too would prefer a root canal, and that was a pretty nasty experience.

I dress for me, I do have some nice clothes but on a day to day basis my criteria is that clothes have to keep the rain off and provide somewhere to keep my small change.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Women...and of course I dress for me. But if the choices are between men and women ..women is my answer. Men do not care what you are wearing...women do.
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I dress for myself (I want to feel comfortable) and my husband. But in reality, I only dress for him when we are going on a date as I want him to be proud to take me out. Most of the time I get dressed just to be socially acceptable, not to impress people. If it were entirely up to me, I'd be in pajamas or sweat clothes all day, every day.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I like to look hot so I feel confident...so I guess more for myself. But if I'm on a date, I give the guy something fun to look at hehe..:bigsmile:
  • Fathima0712
    Fathima0712 Posts: 177 Member
    Options

For me personally... I'd want the women to think, "Omgosh what a cute outfit.... I love the colors and her accessories... and the shoes are to die for...." .... and I'd want the men to think... "She's hot." .... LOL

THIS is so what i think when i dress up to go out!!!!! :D:D those words exactly!
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I dress for comfort.
    On any given day I could be mistaken for homeless.
    I just don't put a lot of thought or effort into what I wear.
    Fashion never was my thing.
    That said, if a make-over team wanted to make me over I wouldn't be opposed to it.
    I'll take all the help I can get.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I dress for the professionals, man or woman. You never know who is watching you (I am a college student) Appearance is part of the package deal!
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I dress for me.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I dress for myself....but nothing like My Guy....loving how that dress is hitting my new curves or those paints and fitted shirt fitting perfectly and the expression on his face...So I would say for My GUY...and plus he loves when men look....Assures the value of his woman....