How did you find MFP?

Options

Replies

• chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Looking for calorie tracking apps on my Droid and so very, very grateful that I found MFP!!! I didn't even realize there was a website at first!
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a calorie counter and also wanted an idea of how many cals I should be having in order to lose weight. There are other sites too like spark but I enjoy this one the best :smile:
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I had once tried Sparkpeople.com that I found out by a magazine like Health. The calorie logging was so slow that I quit. Later a lady in my running group told me about it. Love how quick and easy it is to find things and keep log. Love the calorie - exercise calorie burn calculator! It's addictive and helpful!
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Saw a pin on Pinterest someone posted showing how much weight they had lost so far. I wanted to know how they did it and clicked on it. It brought me here and I've been coming back ever since.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    My friend had it as an app and talked me into downloading it and tracking stuff with her.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    was trying to find out how many calories was in something for a friend and MFP wouldnt let me find out without joining(on mobil) so i did and i stayed :)
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    was trying to find out how many calories was in something for a friend and MFP wouldnt let me find out without joining(on mobil) so i did and i stayed :)

I for one am glad you did :)

I was searching for a place to look at calories. This had the biggest database. So I joined and stuck around!
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine told me about this site.
  • Boston01810
    Boston01810 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    The gym I was at a few years ago stopped using Vitabot due to its expense, so I went searching for an alternative and found MFP!!
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    Google
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i was looking up calories for something and this site popped up

this ^^
  • MariaAlbina
    MariaAlbina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Someone had their weight loss ticker on another forum I'm on and I was intrigued.
  • Memorysketch
    Memorysketch Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was looking for an app to help me log my calories - I wanted to see JUST how much I was eating. Hadn't planned on trying to lose weight again, I just wanted to see my caloric intake. I downloaded the app, and later here I am. :drinker:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    My niece told me about it.
  • joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Saw a lady on the Today show! And she had lost over 100lbs. We had decided in July to switch from white to wheat, and to try to exercise! This site has truely been a God send. Everyone here is sooo supportive! It's free, and now I have the app on my phone. There have been studies done that prove that pople that keep a food journal lose more weight than people that don't. So it is a really helpful site! Plus I LOVE all the friends I have found. They inspire me to keep going! I'm doing all I can to bring honour and glory to God's name!!
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I googled dating sites and this came up 1st so since it is 1st it must be a good dating site-Ty:flowerforyou:
  • Brittany1979
    Brittany1979 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    One of my old friends told me about it on Xanga. That was i believe almost 3 or 4 years ago. Been here since! :)
  • Baurus
    Baurus Posts: 27
    Options
    I found out a topic about it on Bodybuilding.com :D
  • JadedSouls
    JadedSouls Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My sister told me about it so I checked it out!
  • Fairy_Farts
    Fairy_Farts Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It was planted in my brain. I take precautions against outside influences, now....

2q8asup.jpg

^^You should get one, too.... just sayin'