Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    jealousy just twists you up so bad you cant see red from green

its so hard to resist though :(
  • 67mg
    67mg Posts: 4
    Options
    To quote Jane Austen: "Isn't general incivility the very essence of love?"

I guess this has been going on for a good long while.
  • FloraSin
    FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Happens all the time with my friends. I just accept that they're all caught up in the shiny and new. Eventually, they stop spending every waking moment together and we can be normal friends again despite the new bf/gf. Except for once, but that girl didn't like him having friends with boobs.

Oh, and my friend Matt... He and I were inseparable all through childhood. Than he started dating my cousin and got weird around me. Even after they broke up, he stayed away. It happens I guess.
  • Hopey33
    Hopey33 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I guess I am not typical. I am still best friends with a guy I dated in high school and have been for almost twenty years. But I tell the men I meet that he has been in my life a heck of a lot longer than you and I will not ever stop talking to him. Why do we abandon our friends that were there for us when we neded them? On the other hand, I have a great guy friend that I met on here actually and I was be devestated if he stopped talking to me because he met a girl. I am suportive of him finding a girlfriend, just not of him not speaking to me afterwards. If these peoplw are truly your friends you can make time , even of its to say hello once in awhile.
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I guess I am not typical. I am still best friends with a guy I dated in high school and have been for almost twenty years. But I tell the men I meet that he has been in my life a heck of a lot longer than you and I will not ever stop talking to him. Why do we abandon our friends that were there for us when we neded them? On the other hand, I have a great guy friend that I met on here actually and I was be devestated if he stopped talking to me because he met a girl. I am suportive of him finding a girlfriend, just not of him not speaking to me afterwards. If these peoplw are truly your friends you can make time , even of its to say hello once in awhile.

He wants to clap your cheeks.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options

Way to contribute to the topic....you must feel proud.:huh:
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options

Way to contribute to the topic....you must feel proud.:huh:

Sorry,

Got all my contribootin done earlier.

Now I'm just giggling at all the rampant friendzoning.

Edit: And yes, I do. Every day.
  • yungnold
    yungnold Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Don't worry soon as it's over he'll be back... just wait for the text
  • SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Move on...
  • HURLEYX3RO
    HURLEYX3RO Posts: 269
    Options
    As a guy with a really awesome lady friend(we met though this site actually), I'd never give up our friendship just because I'm dating someone. Fact is that this sometimes decreases how often we can talk, but I'd never cut off communication competely. If you do this, were you actually good friends to start with?

Exactly... Im always wondering if it was all just a sham.
    But seriously 8 years?!?
    I really think that this new girlfriend knew why the old girlfriend left him.

She didnt like that I knew more about him than she did, but that was 8+ years of knowlege vs her 1 year.
    She wanted him to stop talking to me and he told her no.

but idk for sure.
  • Mikelobov
    Mikelobov Posts: 44
    Options
    I've been in this situation. He was friends with you but wanted to date you the entire time. He never felt like you wanted it back, but he thought if he waited around it would happen. When he met this new girl, she saw the way he looked at you, connected with you. It made her nervous that one day it would turn into every romantic comedy ever where you come into the picture last second and steal him back. She methodically separated your friendship to avoid the problem.
  • HURLEYX3RO
    Options
    I've been in this situation. He was friends with you but wanted to date you the entire time. He never felt like you wanted it back, but he thought if he waited around it would happen. When he met this new girl, she saw the way he looked at you, connected with you. It made her nervous that one day it would turn into every romantic comedy ever where you come into the picture last second and steal him back. She methodically separated your friendship to avoid the problem.

That'd be true, but he knew I liked him in that way too.
    We made that very apparent after his breakup.
    Only problem I was still with my guy.
    So the timing was a bit off, but within just 3 weeks he started dating that girl and BAM.
    He disappeared.
  • Fairybow
    Fairybow Posts: 11
    Options
    When my best guy friend got a girlfriend, he immediately stopped asking me if we could meet etc. At first I was really upset about it but when I met my current boyfriend, I did the same without even realising it. We both never really solved this problem, but you should definitly do it. I'm still sad about the loss.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    It happens, people just move on with their lives. They start dating, get married, go off to college, move away, etc. Yeah, it sucks.
  • 00Riga00
    00Riga00 Posts: 34
    Options
    I think so...but it also has to do with me moving from Texas to California. =[ I really miss my best friend............... He didn't even call me for my birthday... v.v

Im sorry :/

Neither did I.
    and for his birthday I sent him a present and a card.
    Never got a response.

Yeah. Sounds about the same. =[
  • HURLEYX3RO
    Options
    UPDATE
    1 year & 3 weeks later, I finally heard from him (last week).
    We're on talking terms and he has apologized (repeatedly).
    Turns out his g/f (whom he's still with) is a nutcase.
    Go figure. lol.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    UPDATE
    1 year & 3 weeks later, I finally heard from him (last week).
    We're on talking terms and he has apologized (repeatedly).
    Turns out his g/f (whom he's still with) is a nutcase.
    Go figure. lol.

That is usually how it happens
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Yeah It really sucks...

Anybody else ever have this problem?

Technically, even though I can see how it sucks, he should. You can't have two women in your life, best friend or not. So he's doing what a man in a relationship should do = respecting his woman. She, even though it sounds new, should be his best friend.

It'd be the same if the situation were reversed.

Once he settles down more into his new relationship, and she gets to know you, he'll reach out again, but it'll just be a different level of friendship.