Looking Good For Christmas - Week 9

Options

Replies

• MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    HI all,

I would like to join your group. I think having a goal of looking good for christmas is just great. I love christmas, it's actually my favorite holiday.

Overall starting weight: 198lb
    Starting Weight at week 1: 191lb
    week 1August 29th Weight: 190lb
    Week 2 September 5th Weight: 188lb (-10 total)
    Week 3 September 12 Weight:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    HI all,

I would like to join your group. I think having a goal of looking good for christmas is just great. I love christmas, it's actually my favorite holiday.

Welcome Welcome Welcome ... glad to have you here. Christmas is my most favourite holiday too.
  • magglett
    Options
    thursday_06.gif
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    thursday_06.gif
    Right back at ya, Maggs!!! I love how you are always so uplifting and positive!
  • magglett
    Options
    thursday_06.gif
    Right back at ya, Maggs!!! I love how you are always so uplifting and positive!
    LOL ... my hubby wouldn't agree that I'm "always so uplifting and positive" ... LOL
  • anthrochix
    Options
    Who else is stuck on a plateau here? For those of you who have busted out of a long plateau period, what did you do that worked? I'd appreciate any advise 'cuz I'm getting frustrated (not enough to throw in the towel, though - I just want the scale to move again!)

I was on a plateau for the longest time and I finally got out of it. What I did was talked to someone who is a nutritionist on the Beachbody website and he helped me tweek my food. At the time I was also doing the P90X program. Some points that are important to know are: Eat your fruit for breakfast or mid-morning snack (believe it or not fruit is very high in carbs and sugars). The reason for eating them in the morning is to give your body time to burn the carbs off before bedtime. Also, eat the main portion of your carbs before your afternoon snack because they also need to process before you go t bed. Protien is a must especially if you are working out on a regular basis. For dinner try chicken, eggs or pork (I have pork loins for dinner every nite). Also, maybe for dinner throw in a big salad, use the salad spritzers for your dressing. On most of them they are only 1 calorie per squirt. You are more than welcome to take a look at my food day to get an idea of what I do. I usually eat the same thing all week. I know alot of people don't like to eat the same thing everyday, but I absolutely love everything I eat, so it is not a problem for me.
    On exercise, if you are doing DVDs at home I suggest switching up every couple or weeks. It will keep your body guessing and burning calories. I just finished the 90 day program of P90X and it was an awesome workout. I will be doing another round of it starting October 5. So right now I am actually switching up and doing a DVD from Core Rhythms. It is a dance video and is a lot of fun. I also am doing a jogging program called Couch to 5K. I am burning a lot of calories with that. At the end of this program I will be able to jog 3 miles or 30 mins straight without stopping. I am on week 4 and loving it.
    If you have other questions, do not hesitate to ask. I will do my best to help you out. :bigsmile:

Thanks. I'm kinda already doing all that stuff already. I work out 3x a week at Curves plus I fast-walk 1 mile to and 1 mile from the train to work every day (with my big heavy backpack on to boot!). My schedule is really tight so it's hard to find any more time than that for exercise. I'm at about 1600 calories a day, all clean eating, whole foods that take up even more of my time to prepare. That seems as low as I can go on the calories and not die from hunger. It took me a good few weeks to get used to my first "drop" after losing my first 15 pounds.
    I have oatmeal every morning, lunch is my BIG meal at about 500 calories, and dinner is a 3-4 ounce portion of lean protein with 2 fresh veggies of whatever is in the fridge. I think I'm doing all of the right stuff, but the scale is still stuck!!!!!
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Thu 07/23/09 07:25 AMStart Date July 15 Starting weight 208
    Week 1 July 22 206.4 down 1.6 (could be more but TOM!)
    Week 2 July 29 204.4 Down 2 Whoo hooo almost made my goal of under 200 by Aug 1!!!!

Week 3 August 5 Will be on Vacation, won't be able to weigh in. Be back next week.
    Week 4 August 12 211 (gained of 6.6 pounds )

Week 5 August 19 208lb Still working off the vacation weight
    Week 6 August 26 204!!! I'll take it. Back down to pre-vacation weight!!

Week 7 September 2 Labor Day is Monday 205.6
    Week 8 September 9 204 (-1.6) down 4lbs total. I guess that's better than being up 4!:laugh:
    I had really hoped to be farther along by now, but since I'm lower than I was last week, I won't complain. It's my own fault anyway.

Congrats to you ladies for doing so well. Keep up the good work!

Give yourself some credit. We all have a hard week here and there. You are doing great. Keep up the good work. :bigsmile:
    Awwww shucks! You are so sweet. But it is my fault, I have been bad since our vacation and can't seem to get it under control again!:sad:

Start with one meal at a time and go from there. Today is a new day. Choose to eat a clean meal at least once a day and then two a day and so on. You can do it. We are all here cheering you on. Remember why you are doing this. For you. Let me know if I can help in any way. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Start Date July 15 - Starting weight 182.5 lbs.
    Week 1 July 22 - 180lbs
    Week 2 July 29 - 179lbs.

Week 3 August 5- 177 lbs.
    Week 4 August 12 - 176 lbs.
    Week 5 August 19 - 174.5 lbs.
    Week 6 August 26- 176 lbs.

Week 7 September 2 Labor Day is Monday - 173.5 lbs.
    Week 8 September 9 - 172 WHEW! I can't believe it. I thought I blew it on Sat. but tried to be healthy the rest of the days, and I guess it worked!!

WHOOOHOOO!!! Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    So I have been gone for the past three weeks. Ouch!!! Sorry about that. I have fallen into a motivational slump. I am glad to see so many of you doing so well. I need to get back on track! In order to reach my second mini goal I need to lose 1.8 pounds per week for the next three. Hopefully I can do that. If not I won't hate myself too much.

Start Date July 15 - Starting weight 179 lbs.
    Week 1 July 22 - 177 (-2)
    Week 2 July 29 - 175 (-2)

Week 3 August 5 - 173 (-2) (-6 total)
    Week 4 August 12 - 172 (-1) (-7 total)
    Week 5 August 19 - 170 (-2) (-9 total)
    Week 6 August 26- 3 year Anniversary! Mini Goal weight = 169

Week 7 September 2 Labor Day is Monday
    Week 8 September 9 - 167 (-11 total)

Do any of you guys have any tricks for getting motivated again?

You can do anything you set your mind to. Just remember why you are doing this. Post pics of what you want to look like after you lose the weight. Buy an outfit that you would not buy for yourself and hang it up where you can see it every day. That way when you go into the kitchen to eat something, that outfit will remind you to choose healthy food instead of junk food. Also, while sitting on the couch and saying that you are too tired to workout, look at that outfit and remember why you want to workout. You want to get into that outfit by Christmas. You can do it. We are all here cheering you on. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    HI all,

Welcome, we are glad you are here. You are doing awesome so far. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Thanks. I'm kinda already doing all that stuff already. I work out 3x a week at Curves plus I fast-walk 1 mile to and 1 mile from the train to work every day (with my big heavy backpack on to boot!). My schedule is really tight so it's hard to find any more time than that for exercise. I'm at about 1600 calories a day, all clean eating, whole foods that take up even more of my time to prepare. That seems as low as I can go on the calories and not die from hunger. It took me a good few weeks to get used to my first "drop" after losing my first 15 pounds.
    I have oatmeal every morning, lunch is my BIG meal at about 500 calories, and dinner is a 3-4 ounce portion of lean protein with 2 fresh veggies of whatever is in the fridge. I think I'm doing all of the right stuff, but the scale is still stuck!!!!!

It does sound like you are doing everything right. Just hang in there, it will eventually start going down. I competely understand your frustration. Just keep doing what you are doing. :bigsmile:
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Well everyone, I'm going on the road tomorrow for about 10 days, so no weigh in for me next week as it will be hard to get to a computer regularly.

Lets hope I make good choices off my routine. Lots of travel time in the car and weird hours ( late nights are my prime time to be attacked by munchies :blushing: ) Still going to get my exercise in whenever I can. It's always fun to run in new cities!

I'll still be cheering you on in spirit! :drinker:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Well everyone, I'm going on the road tomorrow for about 10 days, so no weigh in for me next week as it will be hard to get to a computer regularly.

Lets hope I make good choices off my routine. Lots of travel time in the car and weird hours ( late nights are my prime time to be attacked by munchies :blushing: ) Still going to get my exercise in whenever I can. It's always fun to run in new cities!

I'll still be cheering you on in spirit! :drinker:

Have a fantastic time!!! :bigsmile:
  • magglett
    Options
    Hi everyone ... How are you all doing? I just got back from shopping ... my husband and I were out looking for a nice gift for his parents 50th anniversary ... we went around the mall for a couple of hours and I think we found something nice ... but of course we have to please all five siblings since we all put in together. Hopefully they agree since the party is in a week and a half ... in my opinion ... we're cutting it kind of close. Anyway ... my eating and exercise today went well ... made good choices. I'm really pooped after the stressful work day and shopping so I think I'll have a nice cup of herbal tea and then head off to bed. Talk to you all again soon.

063.jpg
  • new_Kendra
    Options
    Good job everyone! Even those that didn't lose, you didn't give up! Sorry this is late. I did not get to weigh in and post Wednesday. Work conference…

Start Date July 15 Starting weight 234.2
    Week 1 July 22 - 233.7 (-.5)
    Week 2 July 29 – 230.4 (-3.3) (total lost 3.8)

Week 3 August 5 - 234.5 (+4.1 :frown: ) I had a not so good weekend... :grumble: and I am bloated
    Week 4 August 12 - MY B-DAY IS TOMORROW!!!! :-)
    Week 5 August 19 –
    Week 6 August 26 – 233.9

Week 7 September 2 – 233.8
    Week 8 September 11 – 230.9 (-3.1 YEAH! I just might make my mini goal!)
    Week 9 September 16
    Week 10 September 23
    Week 11 September 30 mini goal - 225
  • magglett
    Options
    Okay .. It's Friday!! Just have to get through 8 hours of work then the weekend is all mine.
    friday109.gif
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hi everyone ... How are you all doing? I just got back from shopping ... my husband and I were out looking for a nice gift for his parents 50th anniversary ... we went around the mall for a couple of hours and I think we found something nice ... but of course we have to please all five siblings since we all put in together. Hopefully they agree since the party is in a week and a half ... in my opinion ... we're cutting it kind of close. Anyway ... my eating and exercise today went well ... made good choices. I'm really pooped after the stressful work day and shopping so I think I'll have a nice cup of herbal tea and then head off to bed. Talk to you all again soon.

I hope you have a fantastic weekend!!! :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Good job everyone! Even those that didn't lose, you didn't give up! Sorry this is late. I did not get to weigh in and post Wednesday. Work conference…

Start Date July 15 Starting weight 234.2
    Week 1 July 22 - 233.7 (-.5)
    Week 2 July 29 – 230.4 (-3.3) (total lost 3.8)

Week 3 August 5 - 234.5 (+4.1 :frown: ) I had a not so good weekend... :grumble: and I am bloated
    Week 4 August 12 - MY B-DAY IS TOMORROW!!!! :-)
    Week 5 August 19 –
    Week 6 August 26 – 233.9

Week 7 September 2 – 233.8
    Week 8 September 11 – 230.9 (-3.1 YEAH! I just might make my mini goal!)
    Week 9 September 16
    Week 10 September 23
    Week 11 September 30 mini goal - 225

You will get there. You are doing great!!! Have a wonderful weekend. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Okay .. It's Friday!! Just have to get through 8 hours of work then the weekend is all mine.

I am with you on that. Have a fantastic weekend!!! :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options

I am with you on that. Have a fantastic weekend!!! :bigsmile: