Why are people so cruel

Options
12346»

Replies

• rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    His statement only has power if you let it. You don't need his approval. You can only make you happy.
  • sdoldsMD2013
    Options
    He was such an inconsiderate idiot. You continue to do you. I'm so proud of you for holding your tongue. Best wishes in your journey!!
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I just want to say thank you for all the supportive comments.
  • TasTam
    TasTam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing these stories and they make me so angry I don't have words.

You should have stabbed him in the neck.

Haaaa!!! I burst out laughing when I saw this! After you stabbed him you should have said "Now, say something else you nasty ba$tard!!!" You really do wish you could say that sometimes, don't ya?
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I dont see how this is so hard to comprehend.

everyone judges everyone else by their outside appearance.. some people may change their initial impression easily once they get to know you, but EVERYONE judges by what they have.. and if they only have your outside appearance... thats what they go by.

i realize this is the SUPPORT website, but sometimes reality has to jump in here. I am only saying this for PERSPECTIVE and not to be cruel or to make you feel bad.

it doesnt matter that you are now eating right.
    it doesnt matter that you are now working out.
    until the YEARS of you NOT doing those things make you a not so large person, people will still judge you as the size you are.
    If you were 350lbs, and are now 270lbs... thats amazing, and I honestly admire the sheer work that takes. I understand.
    the random person on the street still sees a 270lb overweight person though.. not a person that just loss 80lbs.

you cant take it personally, or you will be frustrated.
    take it as fuel and motivation to keep losing.... until the guy on the street sees you as you want to be seen.
    the person making the comment is just being more honest about his thoughts, then most people.
    most people keep them to themselves... but they're still thinking them.

Mr. Dude WOW...I hope you dont give advice to many people. I can see your point everyone judges everyone it is human nature but it is not ok to judge people on there apperance. It is the inside that counts. Just to let you know I am in the 130's so you are off by a bit on your comment. A person shouldnt be told they are fat no matter what they weigh

I purposely exaggerated the weight so that you could get the point easier... and while what you say is nice, in the real world, you are judged by how you look.
    I didnt say I agree with it.
    I didnt say it was right.
    And, i didnt say opinions based on that cant change....

but its true.
  • katgirl985
    katgirl985 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing these stories and they make me so angry I don't have words.

You should have stabbed him in the neck.

This. LOL.