The scale is a lying torture device! I'm proof :)

Options

Replies

• Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You have made everyone with a scale's day girl! Awesome progress. :flowerforyou:
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    You have made everyone with a scale's day girl! Awesome progress. :flowerforyou:

haha, thank you :) now if everyone will just throw them away we will ALL be good to go!!!
  • moonbaby1o1
    moonbaby1o1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That is crazy!!! My mom was doing p90x for over a year and never lost more than 6 pounds but her body was amazingly different. She never took the before pics or measurements so she got really upset after awhile. I just showed her your pics and she was amazed too.
  • ShioriAilill
    Options
    Congrats by the way, you do look great!

The scale I don't think really is a liar, it just only has access to incomplete information.

Muscle weighs more than fat and since the scale can't tell the difference it'll just give you the same amount regardless of what you can see in the mirror (or measuring tape, or what people tell you). People can't rely on the scale alone since it only paints part of the picture.

Right now I'm weighing myself everyday 'cause I've only recently started dieting and getting more exercise. I just know eventually it'll probably plateau 'cause of the less fat more muscle scenario and also be looking at how clothes fit, etc. The scale is useful just don't depend upon it completely.

Just think of it this way you DID loose weight, you lost fat-weight and you now have the much more awesome muscle!
  • UFCGirl1988
    UFCGirl1988 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    wow I really needed this! Thank you and You look really good by the way!
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I needed to see this to prove my "old thoughts" wrong! BTW, you are kicking butt....you look awesome...I still can't believe it.
  • Ofm05
    Ofm05 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Reason for that is because p90x build muscle and muscle weigh more. You could also throw in running a few miles to drop weight. But that's a lot to do with p90x.
  • Ofm05
    Ofm05 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great job so far, keep it up!
  • jentarver
    jentarver Posts: 192
    Options
    Needed this! You look amazing!!!
  • magoch
    magoch Posts: 134
    Options
    That's fantastic, way to go!
  • falishaann
    falishaann Posts: 1
    Options
    This really just proved to me that I need to get rid of my scale lol. And you look fantastic by the way. :)
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    That's awesome that you've changed that much! Congrats and keep it up! I too say measurements and pictures mean a WHOLE lot to anyone who loses a considerable amount of weight. It's the only thing that kept me sane when I felt I hadn't changed much.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    That fat is leaving....the muscle is moving in!! Congrats, you look great!!
  • faewie
    faewie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thats AWESOME!!! ive had to stop myself from jumping on the dingus scales almost everyday
    thankyou for sharing!!!
  • chicatita
    chicatita Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! Great encouragement! Thanks for sharing!
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You have made amazing progress! Thank you for the reminder that the scale is not always the thing that matters. Whenever I hit a wall on that darned thing, I am coming back here to look at your amazing photo.
  • jaszmyn
    jaszmyn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You have really encouraged me, I have been doing Turbo Fire for two months and have only lost like 5ibs, but have receiving comments about me slimming down. You have been doing a awesome job! You look FAB! Thanks for your post!
  • hstewartlee0221
    Options
    That is amazing...I thank you for posting this...so did you find p90x very hard to do? :flowerforyou:
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    That is amazing...I thank you for posting this...so did you find p90x very hard to do? :flowerforyou:

It's a challenge :) but I enjoyed it for sure!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    thanks for the reminder! every one says how great I look. I just dont see it unless i take pics. was getting kind of tired of taking pics but I think i need to do it more often! once a week maybe.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!