Ladies 5'4 What is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    If you want curves, I'd say 140 would be a good goal, depending on body type.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for 140.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    When I was younger I lost about 50lbs and dropped from one 180ish to 130s. At my thinnest at 5'4 I was 125 with 38DD and was a size 3, I looked sickly....its all in your body type and what you look/feel like. I never lost my boobs either. I lost it everywhere else. Some people are meant to be tiny, i was never meant to be smaller than 125, you could count every rib, every bone in my body. My goal now is to be 140-150. Good luck!
    How on earth did you wear a 38 band at 5'4" and 125lbs? I am 5'5" and 125, and I wear a 32 band.
  • Hollirot
    Hollirot Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm at 154 right now, with a current goal weight of 140. Once I hit that weight, I'll decide where to go from there. I wouldn't want to weigh less than 130 though.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    110-112
  • INeedaNap
    INeedaNap Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow, wide variation! This has been interesting to read.

I feel good at about 118.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    starting weight was 220-ish....

Original goal weight was 160 - but after some thought, I have set it to 145. That may change as I am not sure how that will look. My main concern is to tone and "look" good....the number on the scale is not as important to me as how I look and feel!

As you get closer, just keep in mind that the scale is not the best measure.....body fat, inches....those are going to tell the real story :)
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh .... Not again : ) The scale ...... And picking a number as a goal Nope. Myy goal isn't a number ....it's the body I want ..that's my goal. I'm size 8 now, down from a 16 a year ago. My start weight 236. My weight now ??? May surprise you.
    Still have some tweaking to do.

Check it out ...... My blog. My profile is open, the link is there.

Jen
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    150... I don't want to be skinny, just healthy and curvy
  • erikagarcia2012
    Options
    Now 158 - I want to get down to 135
  • J3SSP3NNY
    J3SSP3NNY Posts: 235
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my goal is 130lbs.
  • lengirl75
    lengirl75 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and my current goal is 140-145ish.
  • teeina
    teeina Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Currently 130... Looking to get down to 120.
  • BenderFitness
    BenderFitness Posts: 349
    Options
    The answer to this depends on your body shape and composition. I am right around 130 give or take 2 pounds or so. The numbers on the scale present entirely different depending on how much muscle you have, etc. It's good to set a goal, but your level of health, fitness, and personal happiness with how you look will always be a better indicator than a number. :)
  • LindsayE007
    LindsayE007 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    120. I am 130 right now and still have way too much jiggle going on!
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and an extreme hourglass, 34DD/sometimes E when I was my goal weight previously.

I haven't fully ironed out my goal, though I think it will settle between 135 and 140. Though, I have been VERY happy in the 150s when I had a significant portion of muscle, so we'll see :).

I THOUGHT I wanted to be 120, but it just doesn't work on my frame! Thus, I think the goal will be very different depending on body type, and on the specific details of your goal -- i.e. are you a lifter looking for visible muscle, are you just looking to be thinner, etc.
  • cinwalkbag
    cinwalkbag Posts: 9
    Options
    In high school, I was around 100 lbs and very thin, but I didn't look sickly. At my heaviest, (not counting pregnancies), I weighed 146 and looked just awful...too thick in the middle, boobs, and arms...even my face was round.My goal weight has been 120-124. I've lost down to 130 and that's actually not as heavy as I thought since my arms are toned (10-lb barbells). My excess weight is in my belly, too, so I really need to get back into the crunches!
  • sassyN1989
    sassyN1989 Posts: 424
    Options
    I am a whole inch taller than you but my goal is 140. I have lost like all my weight out of my upper body at this point and need to start losing in my lower half.
  • kjmarks11
    kjmarks11 Posts: 19
    Options
    Shoot, I'm 150 right now (two babies and a love for wine) and I'd be happy at 135. Granted, I was always less than 125 before the kids, but my body has changed shape to the point that I won't ever look like I used to. *SIGH*

This is me too! I think you need to consider age in this question as well....I'll be 39 this year, have had 2 kids and my shape and metabolism aren't the same as when I was 20 or 25. I started at nearly 160 and would love to see (and be happy at!) 135. I have a medium frame, small chest and strong legs & arms. All of which I appreciate more than being weak and skinny!