The scale is a lying torture device! I'm proof :)

Options

Replies

• Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    you rock em!!!!
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    This is AWESOME and you look fantastic!!! This is something we all should keep in mind...
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thank you! The scale barely moves for me and sometimes it tells me I gained but I know it makes no sense scientifically for that to be so and I know my jeans are looser. So I appreciate seeing this. Makes me feel better!
  • kodom_123
    kodom_123 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    great job!!!
    I bannished my scale to the closet and don't plan to step back on that demon until 4 weeks has past...maybe it will play nice when it comes out of time out :P
    My clothes are all falling off and everyone is commenting on how much I am loosing everytime they see me but the scale wasn't playing fair lol...I rely on it way too much. so I put it away until further notice :)
    Keep up the great work!!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting, definitely needed it! Scale hasn't moved in Lord knows how long...but I can feel my clothes fit differently.

I need better pictures and this proves it! LOL :]
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Wow, Em! Your post is becoming epic! I just wanna' say thank you again, and you inspired me to take some more progress pics of my own. I'm only about 3 pounds down scale-wise, but I can see a visual difference and the measuring tape tells me the same thing. YOU are so encouraging and inspiring! Thank you!
  • jessie1480
    jessie1480 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    you are my hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sbb7249
    sbb7249 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thanks for the reminder. It's so easy to get caught up in a number instead of other results.
  • armadillolabrat
    armadillolabrat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I too am having similar issue of losing inches but scale being stuck at same number for lengthy period of time. good luck.
  • popat89
    popat89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you for sharing!
  • TahanyE
    TahanyE Posts: 83
    Options
    I am the same way. Lots of changes in pictures but zero movement on the scale. I guess the whole "muscle vs fat" theory is true :) You look awesome.
  • gail2207
    gail2207 Posts: 133
    Options
    Oh wow! Thanks for posting. Your abs are looking great!
  • tinasparkle88
    tinasparkle88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    wow! good to know my scales are'nt the only ones that dont change :/ keep u the good work :smile:
  • Butterfly3730
    Butterfly3730 Posts: 220
    Options
    The most inspiring post I've read on MFP. Thank you for sharing!
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. Lots of changes in pictures but zero movement on the scale. I guess the whole "muscle vs fat" theory is true :) You look awesome.

muscle vs fat theory is SO TRUE! at my fittest, I weighed 150 and people couldn't believe me...but I was solid muscle and it makes a HUGE difference! But being skinny has never been my goal....fit and healthy baby!!! :)
  • pooh431bear
    pooh431bear Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!!! I thought I was going nuts with my scale! You look great btw!!!! :happy:
  • ktbrett22
    ktbrett22 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look fantastic! I'm new to mfp and I have finally decided to measure my inches and stop weighing myself. Just the inspiration I needed!

Congratulations!
  • JoHola
    JoHola Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow, wow, wow!! :smile:
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    This should be a sticky. Heck, it should be on MFP 's damn login screen.
  • bunnygirl1978
    bunnygirl1978 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!

annahiven - my scale stopped moving last October, but my body has continued to change. It doesn't keep me from stepping on the scale - but it does help me keep in check that the scale isn't the ONLY way to measure progress. Inches and photos are much much better in my opinion!

I am so glad to see that I am not the only person that this has happened too.
    You look fab now
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!