Poptarts?

Options

Replies

• jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    My kids ate them almost every day for breakfast until I quit buying them. I am currently working on cutting back how much sugar my family (especially my kids) eat each day. Pop-Tarts are the one thing they complain about missing, despite not being the only thing I've stopped providing.

I knew another mom who was upset because her pediatrician wanted her kids to slim down, and she was trying to figure out why they were overweight in the first place. She found out that, having eaten the breakfast she prepared for them at home, they were going to school and getting, with their school food money, a package of Pop-Tarts apiece and eating the whole package (2 Pop Tarts, 400 calories on top of the breakfast they'd just had at home). And she had no idea. Her kids weren't in the school breakfast program, she was shocked to discover they were eating breakfast at school and it was Pop-Tarts. An extra 400 calories every single day at school.

The things are nefarious. Tasty, but nefarious.
  • xcrushx28
    xcrushx28 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I eat pop tarts pretty much daily, but only because I don't take bodybuilding seriously ;)
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Toaster Strudels >> Poptarts you damn heathens!!!

=)
    What is this blasphemy??!! Poptarts will always reign supreme!!! (especially frosted cherry)
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    You are crazy. Toaster strudels are DISGUSTING!

You can eat poptarts frozen.... cant do that with toaster strudels!!

I'm sorry, I can't hear your ramblings over these delicious toaster strudels!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    What is this blasphemy??!! Poptarts will always reign supreme!!! (especially frosted cherry)

They reign supreme at tasting crappy in comparison to toaster strudels!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    S'mores poptarts are made with 'natural flavors' (it says so in the ingredients) that means they're healthy.
    Also, I'm glad to see they now have poptart minis. Those old poptarts were so bulky and cumbersome.

LMAO... natural flavors means healthy? LMFAO

It's called sarcasam..I know..it's early.

^^^^^LOL...well played ma'am
    Glad at least someone caught on.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    200 Calories
    5 g of Fat
    140 mg of Sodium
    17 g of Sugar

I can't believe people are saying they are good for you. :frown:

Who is saying that? They are yummy, and a quick and fast carb source with low fat.

I don't eat them though. Because if I open the package I have to eat both of them xD

^ THIS. I love them but if I eat one, I'll eat both. -.-
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Never been a fan of them, so you won't see them in my diary! Ick!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Cherry and Smores Poptarts!!!

Grrrr...now I want some!!
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts are Grim! :-/ In no way are they part of a healthy lifestyle.

You want quick carbs? Put a slice of wholemeal toast in the toaster. Not as many carbs granted, but so much better for you.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I can't believe the magic of poptarts can make people so judgmental and angry. Blueberry, cinnamon and strawberry are little bits of heaven. Whoever mentioned toaster strudel made me remember those as well. Also, what was the thing like toaster strudel but savory? I loved all that stuff as a kid. Haven't had any of it in so long.
  • paigebolling
    paigebolling Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm frosted strawberry my faves!! lol Not a healthy option though. Don't see a problem eating them as an occasional splurge though.
  • inktink
    inktink Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    blech ate them all the time ... pre healthier lifestyle.. so empty high calorie not worth it to me.

This is what I was thinking! A pack of them will run you about 400 cals and they're empty cals at that. Then again I don't need ANY help at all in upping carbs so maybe that's why I don't get it.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a pop-tart in I can't even remember how long. I used to love those things. I hated them heated though and would only eat them straight from the wrapper. Of course today they are not worth the high calories PER pop-tart (i.e half). They sure were delicious though ...
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Gross. They taste like youth and poverty combined.

Congratulations. I think this might be the most offensive thing I have ever read on here.
  • ohhoe
    ohhoe Posts: 5
    Options
    Gross. They taste like youth and poverty combined.

Congratulations. I think this might be the most offensive thing I have ever read on here.

Challenge accepted.
  • djg0418
    djg0418 Posts: 35
    Options
    If I ate a Poptart for breakfast, no doubt I would be eating fast food by lunch and munching on peanut butter cups that evening. But, I'm not a body builder. :wink:

I agree. Not very nutritious or filling.
  • sharonamizer
    Options
    My husband says they're great for someone who has REALLY burned a lot of calories, like if they just ran 20 miles, but you should never eat them otherwise because they will just make you fat. He tells me to stay away from them because I am not anywhere near that level of fitness. He's in awesome shape so he's probably right!
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My husband says they're great for someone who has REALLY burned a lot of calories, like if they just ran 20 miles, but you should never eat them otherwise because they will just make you fat. He tells me to stay away from them because I am not anywhere near that level of fitness. He's in awesome shape so he's probably right!
    Wait...your husband tells you that?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I'm not sure anyone mentioned this because I didn't make it through the whole thread but they've come out with 100 calorie packs of poptarts. Frosted strawberry, the cinnamon one and chocolate. I didn't even like poptarts all that much anymore until I got ahold of the frosted strawberry ones.