NSV: Free Tummy Tuck

Options

Replies

• viser_haut
    viser_haut Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Growing up my mother said that a woman is supposed to always have her stomach sucked in no matter what! So I have done this my whole life. I feel very weird if I let it out.

My mother said the exact same thing to me!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    These are terrific replies and I thought of this thread as I was working out, doing my Power 90 Sculpt and holding my tummy in while breathing and thinking of this thread made it easier for me.

Thanks for all of your responses:heart:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    You are so right! Before I had my oldest, I would do that. Once I got pregnant with him, I, of course, no longer could. I didn't go back to it after he was born, but I have been trying to get back into it now. But as you said, it is not as easy as it sounds. It takes a lor of practice.

Same here. When I had my first child, that's when my stomach started to get flabby and gross, even though I wasn't overweight nor obese, but slim and trim--still, even though i was skinny i started getting a fat stomach. One of my friends, who was older and super fit advised me to hold my stomach in ('free tummy tuck)" thru out the day, and I did back then and it did work super well in helping flatten my stomach. Over the years though, as I gained much more weight from a sedentary lifestyle and eating whatsoever my heart desired...but gut grew and grew and GREW fatter and yuckier. practicing a "free tummy tuck' throughout the day (and breathing more purposefully as I'm holding my tummy in, is definitely working. It's hard though and kinda like exercising thru-out the day for me.
  • patriciaannbibo
    patriciaannbibo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the tip.After 5 kids my abs are so stretched out.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    When being treated for back issues, the physiotherapist started me on some (very) beginner's core exercises and recommended this, plus a kegel. Major difference in back, and core is slowly improving. I wish someone had shown me these exercises after pregnancy and more so after hysterectomy!
    Thanks for the reminder!
  • chetnabhatt
    chetnabhatt Posts: 77
    Options
    bump for later. Thanks for the advice. I am gonna try this.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    When being treated for back issues, the physiotherapist started me on some (very) beginner's core exercises and recommended this, plus a kegel. Major difference in back, and core is slowly improving. I wish someone had shown me these exercises after pregnancy and more so after hysterectomy!
    Thanks for the reminder!

Fabulous reply...you're right too...my back feels like I'm 20+ years younger since doing this too--thanks for pointing this out, I didn't really think about it until reading this!!!! YAY for FREE Tummy Tuck:drinker:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I do this while walking. My abs are waaaay more defined

Fabulous news...When I start walking, a lot of times I forget until I'm half-way done. I'll think about this post when I'm walking!!!!
  • leahalissa
    leahalissa Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I was raised with heavy etiquette training, and sitting up straight was strictly enforced. So, yes, engaging core muscles is great for posture. I don't even notice that I do it anymore, it's been a natural thing for so long. Good posture is so important - boosts confidence, maintains healthy core strength, prevents back problems, promotes better breathing, on and on and on :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I was raised with heavy etiquette training, and sitting up straight was strictly enforced. So, yes, engaging core muscles is great for posture. I don't even notice that I do it anymore, it's been a natural thing for so long. Good posture is so important - boosts confidence, maintains healthy core strength, prevents back problems, promotes better breathing, on and on and on :)

Yep...abs-so-tutely! PLUS, it makes my "swagger" (walk and "tude") a wee bit more swaggery:tongue:
  • Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    So true!! I've been doing this since my first year of high school and that roughly 8 years ago. I do it all the time now! Like you said at first it can be really tough to suck it in and continue to breathe and do things normally, but in the end worth it:)
  • beckybernardo
    beckybernardo Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My ex sister in law ( who was an awesome workout person) had told me this years ago, she said it is one of the easiest way to build up those stomach muscles. She had a baby and you could not even tell and even to this day she has a flat stomach. I'm going to try this again, thanks for the tip
  • cafeconleche
    Options
    i have read this a few times lately! it's like doing a core exersize throughout the day. I've also read that good posture is a calorie burner:) once you get used to it, it's not so bad!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    i have read this a few times lately! it's like doing a core exersize throughout the day. I've also read that good posture is a calorie burner:) once you get used to it, it's not so bad!
    [/quote

It's still no where near second nature to me, I have to make myself do it--I'll be GLAD when it becomes a habit for me, it's still hard. But...no pain no gain, right?!?
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Bumping for myself and whosoever will:wink:
  • wendy8883
    wendy8883 Posts: 50
    Options
    Wow a few minutes ago I was standing in front of a mirrow checking out my progress and then I pulled up my shirt and was like oh no what am I going to do about this, and tummy tuck came to mind and also how I couldnt afford it, lol, anyway, I just want to say thank you for the advice it was right on time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and BUMP................:bigsmile:
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Good post. I keep trying to remind myself to do that as I'm sitting at my desk. When I stand or walk it comes naturally but when I sit I tend to let it out. Now the goal is to hold it all day long. It is harder than it seems.
  • mali240
    mali240 Posts: 126
    Options
    I used to do it earlier, (mostly coz I wanted to look thinner hahaha) I guess it's time to bring it back.......
  • _Corinne_
    _Corinne_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    easy and makes loads of sense - thanks!
  • clotta22
    clotta22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Definitely easy...gonna set reminders in my phone throughout the day in case I forget. Thanks for this tip!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!