Replies

• peaceinside
    peaceinside Posts: 272
    Options
    bump
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try these too. I haven't checked out the original recipe yet but I'm going to have to stick with the flax since my son is highly allergic to oats. But like many others I will not be telling them what's in them until they eat them...maybe not even then. My kids have an amazing ability to say yummy food is suddenly gross once they know it's healthier for them, lol
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I made these today and subbed the oatmeal for the flaxseed.

So far, we've only had them right out of the oven, but my 3 little girls and I give them a 10 (I didn't tell them they had beans in them until they oohed and aahed!)

Of course, warm chocolate chips can make anything taste good, so the jury is still out on how they do once they've cooled.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Abbiebabby
    Options
    Sounds amazing!
  • murielledaigle
    Options
    Dear Dieters, Calorie-Counters, and Fierce-Fit-People of the world (or of MFP):

I have been getting really into 'making over' recipes lately. I'm not actually inventing these recipes myself (way too complicated), but I am trying new and exciting things.

Last night, I made these:

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/18/chocolate-chip-blondies-and-theyre-good-for-you/

However, I used the following modifications:
    -Better n' Peanut Butter rather than regular peanut butter
    -Quick oats (1/4th cup) instead of flax
    -Splenda Brown Sugar blend (6 T) instead of full-calorie brown sugar

I know--chickpea cookies sounds weird as hell (chocolate-chip hummus bars anyone?). Let me tell you, these are f%$king amazing!!!

I had my roommate and friend try them before I told them the secret ingredient. No one could guess and everyone agreed that these were soft and gooey and decadent as hell. Plus, an 8x8 pan cut into 9 bars (ie HUGE servings), is only 150 calories (25 carbs, 3g fat, 3g protein).

These are changing my life. You could even omit the chocolate chips and add cinnamon for slimmed-down version. I might try adding more oats and making grab-and-go breakfast bars.

I know that chickpeas sound weird. When I finally told my friends they were SHOCKED. They thought that my 'magic ingredient' was fat free cream cheese. THAT is how decadent these are.

Try these right now! And let me know if you have any recommendations for your own modifications and other flavors/versions.

Good luck!
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    I have had chocolate chip cookies made with chick peas before too and they were yummy!
  • sollyn
    sollyn Posts: 179
    Options
    try using bananas instead of Splenda (otherwise known as POISON).
    I have been reading about splenda and aspartime, POISON indeed! Now trying Stevia.
    But am going to look at the recipe! Sounds devine!
  • Raddichio
    Raddichio Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    not sure yet, but saving in case I decide to try ...
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Update! We pretty much finished them off later in the day, and we all thought they were really good, even after they cooled down! My husband even liked them. I think the oats (I used a tad more than was called for) and PB hide the beans very well... he never would have guessed it!

Thanks so much for the link!
  • DinahKyle
    DinahKyle Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Val_91
    Val_91 Posts: 36
    Options
    These sound really interesting. Definitely saving the recipe to try!
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    link isnt working and i searched on her blog anyway and its taken down...suggestions?
  • Sunbeam0904
    Sunbeam0904 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I tried these and was not at all impressed. I really wanted them to be great but sadly, no.
  • fayglet
    fayglet Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Buuuump!!!
  • katlynx6
    katlynx6 Posts: 68
    Options
    bump!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be a Debbie downer but I didn't like them. You could really taste the beans. I'm sure others might like them though...
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    try using bananas instead of Splenda (otherwise known as POISON).

Or could you use natural honey for the sweetness?
  • jenlouise4
    jenlouise4 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I tried to make her chickpea cookie truffles once. The result wasn't too appetising, although I really must've screwed up somewhere! -

xauyh3.jpg

I might give these a try if I can forget the taste of my last attempt :(