Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    I would take on Satan to get out of doing that diet by day 3. :devil:
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Dafuq did I just read?
    WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T EAT A BANANA.
    DON'T WORRY- YOU CAN HAVE 8 OF THEM TOMORROW!
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I was in Hell last week, literally. It is in Grand Cayman, Google it...anyways while I was in Hell, I ate fresh seafood and drank some relaxing drinks while Satan was playing hide and seek in the rocks. Just saying....
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure that Satan's diet consists of eating Saddam ****s all day.
  • taygrad
    taygrad Posts: 19
    Options
    You guys just amused the crap out of me. You all said what my gut was saying. Plus the people in the blog looked like those fakers who are like CINAMMON AND BOILED CABBAGE FOR A WEEK WILL SHED 92 POUNDS!!!!!!

Love y'all!
  • sbpeters93
    sbpeters93 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    A co-worker of mine started this yesterday. So far so good but it's only Tuesday :smooched:
  • fitness10090
    Options
    This diet actually works. It's more of a detox for 7 days. I'm not sure why everyone is bashing something without trying it - it's actually healthy and cleanses your body out. A friend of mine did it and lost 7 pounds in the 7 days.

It's very tough to follow given the restrictions, but its only for 7 days. The expectation is that you do get into a workout routine afterwards - you can't expect to go back to an unhealthy diet and not workout and hope to keep the weight off - that's just simple logic - but this diet works and does help you jumpstart into a good program.

Toughest day is fruits - it's really tough to eat fruits all day. but the other days are much easier and the veggie days are good.

Good luck to who ever is trying this =)

Also - your calorie intake does reduce significantly but you feel full due to the foods you eat (unprocessed foods) - and it is not unhealthy to drop your calorie intake for a short period of time - in fact it could help you and cleanse the body.

You can surely cut down you calorie intake slightly - but most people don't understand it's not always a matter of numbers. You can eat more calories than you need, with the right foods. With the logic of calorie defecit, I should be able to eat 3 big macs a day and lose weight - as each one is 500 calories or so per burger?
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    If its not sulfur, soot, ash with fire n brimstone mixed with heavy hard drinking, it's not Satan's diet.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I would only try it if I could eat Devil's food cake after eating the deviled eggs.

Oh, wait, I didn't actually read the diet plan, and now I just want some devil's food cake.
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    This diet actually works. It's more of a detox for 7 days. I'm not sure why everyone is bashing something without trying it - it's actually healthy and cleanses your body out. A friend of mine did it and lost 7 pounds in the 7 days.

Also - your calorie intake does reduce significantly but you feel full due to the foods you eat (unprocessed foods) - and it is not unhealthy to drop your calorie intake for a short period of time - in fact it could help you and cleanse the body.

You can surely cut down you calorie intake slightly - but most people don't understand it's not always a matter of numbers. You can eat more calories than you need, with the right foods. With the logic of calorie defecit, I should be able to eat 3 big macs a day and lose weight - as each one is 500 calories or so per burger?

I did this "diet" for 5 days before coming to MFP. I lost 10lbs in those 5 days, and didn't gain any of it back. It was a GREAT kickstart for me. I went from eating "whatever" ALL the time to "uh....what do I do?" So i used a version of this "cleanse" to get me headed in the right direction.

I've continued healthy habits and started working out and have lost an additional 17lbs without the "diet" so, all in all, it's not terrible. Or, at least it wasn't for me!

A lot of my weight loss struggle is pyschological. This made a difference, quickly, for me, and gave me the motivation to keep going.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options

It's very tough to follow given the restrictions, but its only for 7 days. The expectation is that you do get into a workout routine afterwards - you can't expect to go back to an unhealthy diet and not workout and hope to keep the weight off - that's just simple logic - but this diet works and does help you jumpstart into a good program.

Toughest day is fruits - it's really tough to eat fruits all day. but the other days are much easier and the veggie days are good.

Good luck to who ever is trying this =)

If you can't name the toxins you are trying to detox from, its pure fail. Also, you are accusing your body of not working (considering its a hard charging 24/7 without stop slave). Are you in renal/kidney failure? And if so or not, how is THIS specifically going to help from all those pesky toxins?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    sounds idiotic to me..

Just eat in a deficit and work out and you will lose weight..

why anyone would want to do this is beyond me...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Is there any reason why people can't just do a moderate calorie deficit, hit their protein macros and lose weight that way? It's AMAZINGLY simple.

why the hell would anyone actually want to eat less when they can drink a gallon of unicorn piss and lose weight???
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Looks about right to me, I'd definitely turn into Satan on this diet.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Is there any reason why people can't just do a moderate calorie deficit, hit their protein macros and lose weight that way? It's AMAZINGLY simple.

why the hell would anyone actually want to eat less when they can drink a gallon of unicorn piss and lose weight???

Where can I purchase this unicorn piss?
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    "I saw the devil on a wide green throne,
    Gnawing the meat from a big ham bone,
    and I said to Mr. Devil;
    I see that you have much to eat,
    A red ham bone is surely sweet.
    I see that you have lion's feet.
    I see your frame is fat and fine,
    I see you drink your poison wine,
    Blood and burning turpentine".
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    So.. it's the cabbage soup/GM diet with a new name? I'll pass.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    That soup looks gross.
  • changeyourlimits
    Options
    This is definitely a quick detox/diet. Two weeks from now the body will regulate what just happened. When that occurs the body will store fat again and most people will gain the weight back. This diet is built for temporary success. If you are looking for a healthy life this can be a start. Definitely not a cure.