Who is reading "Fifty Shades of Grey" series?

Options

Replies

• angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the 3rd one now. One of the best series ever written! I'm hoping for a 4th book!
  • danimack
    danimack Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If Ana talks about her "inner goddess" one more time I'm going to lose my mind!!!
  • Des0528
    Des0528 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love this Trilogy! I'm halfway through book #2. I will agree though, book #1 was tough to get through because, well, there's ALOT of explicit scenes throughout the whole book. Book #2 is a little better because it's not focusing as much on the racy stuff and has turned the focus over to their relationship and some other unexpected events. and also I must add, I have a very healthy sex life, so this is not just for bored housewives. It's a nice little escape from the norm ;-)
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Just finished the first book. I thought it was fine...but won't buy the rest. If they were free, I would read them. but I won't pay for them.
  • mb236707
    mb236707 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    not sure if anyone else already said this but I've heard that Ian Somerhalder is trying to get cast as Christian Grey!
  • Tiffeta
    Tiffeta Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love these books, and I'm going to be sad when Im finished with them! Yes the writing may be redundant, but really who cares! We all knew that we weren't going to be reading a Pulitzer Prize winner from the reviews, but yet we still read them!!
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the replies but I heard that Ian Somerhalder aka Damon Salvatore from Vampire Diaries may be in that movie. Not sure what part and I haven't read the books but have heard about them. If he's in it, I'm so there!
  • ChelSleeve
    ChelSleeve Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I just ordered all 3 of them on amazon!! I cannot wait!!!!!! (My D told me about them lol)
  • Desousa4688
    Desousa4688 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love the series and have them on PDF if anyone wants them!
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I am half way through book 1. The writing isn't great but so far it is entertaining. I guess it helps if you like BDSM.

What is BDSM?
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I am reading these books. Only have the first one so far. I'm so not into that kind of sex, but the fire between the two of them, is awesome. Hopeless romantic I am though, I wish Christian would change and become the man she wishes he was. He'd be even hotter in my book if he did. And I find the "inner goddess" comments funny. ("she gives him a vulgar expression with her hand", I find them all funny). And give the lady a break, it's her first set of novels, she's still learning. She's obviously doing something right if she has this huge of a following with her first book alone. I must write down that other book title and author somebody else mentioned, and check out that book. I miss the sex my husband and I used to have, and feel like I'm reliving the heat and fire through these novels. Already they are helping in our bedroom. :devil:
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I really like the books. I am the first to say I don't think the writing is great and teh characters and situations are not terribly real but the situations and the style is good - naughty without being smutty.
    Definitely a quick, light read that can get your motor running..
    It sounds like a few of you have other, better suggestions in similar genres - care to share?

If you are liking the BDSM theme..Cherise Sinclair has some teriffic books. At least I like them. The Shadowland Series is
    awesome. I want to go there!!! You can get most of them from Amazon..

Also, Laurel K Hamilton has a series..the Anita Blake series
    JR Ward..Black Dagger Brotherhood
    and..as you've heard, the Sookie Stackhouse series..

All 3 are vampire stories...i liked all of them better than Twilight. And I'm sorry, I just don't see the comparison of the Gray series to the Twilight series.. :huh:
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I'm on the first book (we are reading all three in my bookclub)...I think, so far, it is just alright! I agree that the writing style is a little blah. I can think of better ways to describe those 'inner feelings' LOL!
  • CarriLu123
    CarriLu123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the 3rd one now. One of the best series ever written! I'm hoping for a 4th book!

At the end of book 3 there is an excerpt from what I believe will be a new book from Christian’s point of View...Fingers Crossed...
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I am half way through book 1. The writing isn't great but so far it is entertaining. I guess it helps if you like BDSM.

What is BDSM?

Bondage & Discipline / Domination & Submission / Sadism & Masochism.
    I love the series and have them on PDF if anyone wants them!

How did you get them on PDF? I could read those on my Nook Color...right?
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I started one and couldn't finish. The writing is ridiculous. Just beyond bad. And I actually liked Twilight, so my standards are pretty low.

Also, I cannot believe some women are attracted to Christian Grey. In any way whatsoever. He's a grade-A douche. No wonder so many women have horrible relationships if this is what they find appealing.

It also confirmed to me that I am decidedly NOT into BDSM. Like, at all.

Count me among the naysayers.

***THIS***

The writing was really not good. The story dragged on way too long. Anastasia annoyed me to no end. And Christian was as the above poster said... a grade-a douche. Sure the sex was hot, which is not a bad thing by any stretch. But, there are plenty of books you can read with hot sex and better story lines.
    M
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options

What is BDSM?

Bondage & Discipline / Domination & Submission / Sadism & Masochism.

Thanks!
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I started it, didnt think I would like it, turns out I love it, and could have an orgasm just reading it, these books open your eyes to a whole other level of sexiness so to speak. They are fun, flirty and you hope that in the end she gets the guy like she wants...have to read the next 2 as well. almost done with the 1st.
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Not my cup of tea, really - read the first book due to all the hype (I know, I know). Found it rather dull and dry, and poorly-written. Of course, I'm just jealous because the author is making squillions and I'm not, despite being an occasional smut-peddler. BOO.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Annnnd. . . .ordered.

Opted for the actual book rather than the kindle version. Don't want the sun to cast a glare when I try to read it at the pool!

Oh and the books come with the most beautiful covers!