How Far Have You Come?

Options

Replies

• Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I have gotten both my bloodpressure and blood sugar under control with diet and exercise. Jan 2010 BP = 151/115; Apr 2012 BP = 120/74. Jan 2010 Fasting BS = 127; Apr 2012 Fasting BS = 90!!!!

I have lost 89.8 lbs. Jan 2011 SW = 327.6; Apr 2012 = 237.8. I've gone from a size 26W/28W pants, 4X shirts & size 10 shoes to 16W/18W pants, 1X or 2X shirts & size 9.5 shoes.

I have given myself a gift of stamina, love of exercise, better cholesterol levels (though they weren't bad when I was heavier, but better now), the ability to walk/run/jump.

I did a round of p90x in Oct 2011.

I did my first 5k (walking only) in Nov 2011 with a finishing time of 46 minutes.

I'm on my way to being a better version of me and I'm only halfway there! GW of 147 lbs.

All Friends accepted... no message required. :)
  • Charmblossom
    Charmblossom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is awesome and you should be incredibly proud of yourself!!! Me, I stepped on my scale 9 months ago, disgusted and then determined. Day by day, focus, focus, focus...and yesterday my scale told me I am 49 lbs lighter. :)
  • JenGranzow
    JenGranzow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    This thread is so full of win, great job, everyone!

Since April 27, 2011, I have lost 68.2 pounds and gone from a tight size 16 to a loose size 4. MFP changed. my. life.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I've come nearly halfway :-)

Measurements wise -

I've dropped an inch from my bra band
    Two inches from my waist
    Three inches from my belly fat
    Five inches from my hips
    Three inches from each thigh

I've lost just shy of 25 five pounds, and I've stopped snacking, night eating, and so much more.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I started walking on Christmas Eve 2011. I joined MFP Jan 11, 2012. I have lost 33lbs since then, NINE inches off my belly, dropped from a size 16 to a 10. I still have 30lbs to go but I'm walking 1,000 miles for St. Judes this year and I'm up to nearly 400 so far! I walk a minimum of 2 miles a day and try for more, sometimes getting in 7. I started C25K this week and love it so far. I am signed up to do the Susan Komen race and going to do 5K in Sept. I'm also taking water aerobics classes twice a week, which now feel like relaxing compared to my other workouts!
    I can sit on the toilet lid without having it sink in, I have tons of energy, so much in fact, my kids think I now have ADD. lol
    I tried on all of my old, too small clothes and they are ALL too big on me. That kind of makes me sad because I love, love trying on stuff that hadnt fit. Now I get to try on new clothes.
    I don't look pregnant anymore! That is the best part because that really annoyed me. I'm 50 years old, have grandkids and didn't want to look pregnant! I look young for my age and my husband looks older than his age so it made me feel weird when people stared at me.
    Now that I've lost the weight, I look even younger and I just let the people who stare think that I have a sugar daddy. I couldn't love him anymore than I do!
    I push mow the yard and according to my pedometer/gps, it's a mile of mowing!
    My dog has lost 26lbs since I started walking.
    My husband has lost 25 since he started walking/eating right too. :)
    I could go on and on! It's all good!
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    On January 27, 2011, I started on MFP. I have learned sooooo much about myself, about fitness, and about nutrition. I have gone from couch potato to supermom (or at least I feel like it some days). I found out that I love to run (I also love to power walk, and I can walk 4.5-5mph which is some folks jogging speed). I love lifting heavy things and putting them back down again. I love the gym (wtf?). I am learning to love my body!

I went from 217 lbs (15 1/2 stone)

FlausaDunes3.jpg

to 119 lbs (8 1/2 stone)

IMGP1186.jpg

I found my guns, and now I'm looking for my six-pack!
    IMGP1188.jpg

And I have gained some really fantastic Pals along the way!
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    90 pounds
    from a 24/26W to a 7/8
    from sedentary to half marathons
    from struggling with groceries to lifting 70 lbs (once)
    from getting winded on stairs to falling in love with the leg press
    from gymtimidated to gymtimate

lolol

also- sex in the dark maybe once every few months if it was just the standard stuff and over quickly... to .... not that.

:heart: this!! Well done!
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    16 pounds since February 27th
  • brienne225
    brienne225 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started in November 2011 at 205 on mfp and am down to 174. It really has to be a lifestyle change! I am only losing about 4-5 lbs a month but am feeling sooooo good and healthy now. I am also doing the couch to 5 k program which is really getting me motivated to be fit!! I want to be like THIS for the rest of my life :wink:
  • thebassdrumheavy
    thebassdrumheavy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Great job
  • kateflourishes
    kateflourishes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    7.8 lbs since March 30th :) Slow but steady! Hopefully bumping into the double digits soon!
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    SW 283 February 17, 2011 (joined a gym; found MFP)
    LW (also lowest adult weight) 198 April 15, 2012 (and then I started weight training ... sitting at 201 this morning after an instant 10lb water gain)

SS: 22, XXL shirts
    CS: 10s and 12s, M shirts

In the last 15 months I've joined a gym, did a 5K, purchased my very first bikini (not for public consumption...yet), became a Zumba fanatic, RAN a mile in 12 minutes (even with chronically bad knees), and am, finally, not the "fat sister" ... I'm about the same size as the sister whose body I coveted for so long, probably with better muscle tone.

So many people have said this, but I mostly curse myself for not doing this sooner.
  • boswellheather
    boswellheather Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have lost 13lbs since march. I'm still at the beginning of my journey but with this site i have never felt more motivated to keep track of what i am eating and work out! I cant even pick up a bottle of regular soda any more that's like a whole meal of calories! my husband has never been more proud! I just need to not get discouraged!
  • IMDABEAST
    IMDABEAST Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    280 pounds lost since Jan 2010 by good ole fashion hard work!
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    68 pounds gone!!! I started about a year ago. I was in a 16 now a 0 or a 2!!!! XXL shirt to a SMALL or medium!!!!

Congrats to everyone on here!!!! :drinker:
  • Vixx024
    Vixx024 Posts: 5
    Options
    officially started in 2009 after i spent summer 2008 in Florida an when i looked at the pics of me i was disgusted but it took me a while to get the motivation to start there have been a few pitfalls along the way but am proud to say since then i have lost 56 pounds and 3 dress sizes still got about 7 pounds to go
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    -135.2 lbs in 2 years and 4 months.
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    SW 283 February 17, 2011 (joined a gym; found MFP)
    LW (also lowest adult weight) 198 April 15, 2012 (and then I started weight training ... sitting at 201 this morning after an instant 10lb water gain)
    wow. I reminder as to why I shouldn't focus on the scale! 10lbs!!!:huh:
  • baileyesp
    baileyesp Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    From 113.5kg down to 91.9kg since October. Looking at getting down to about 80kg.
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    It's been a year and a half since I *thought* my life ended, little did I know, my life was only beginning.
    I decided it was MY time to do things for me. I was sick of having to ask to do things, in a super *unhappy* controlling relationship. I joined MFP and started at 180. I've gone down to 144-149 and I have lost a total of 14 inches! 14!
    I've found I've plateaued. Portion control and cutting out sodium and bad sugars wasn't enough. I needed something to give me that extra push.
    Every year one of my friend's organizes a biggest loser challenge. Last year, I felt like a loser, so I didn't want to join. This year, I *wanted* to be a loser, in all the right ways. I am learning to eat healthier, I'm learning that exercise isn't the devil. I've worked out every day since the 30th of April, and I feel wonderful! Working out has definitely helped me mentally, and I feel, *awesome*!
    I joined the challenge because I want a lifestyle change, I want to lose the last bit of weight and get to my goal weight, the weight I'm comfortable at (115-120) and along the way, I want to gain muscles and knowledge, about who I am, and what clean eating is. I no longer want to rely on easily prepared meals anymore, they are SO easy to grab and ruin your day!

I feel like I've come a long way :) I've gained a lot of new friends and I have learned a lot of things on the way, and I am so excited to learn more.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!