What are you getting your Mother for Mother's Day?

Options

Replies

• tnrown87
    tnrown87 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    The question was what are you getting her...so I answered it, it didn't say AMERICANS what are you getting lol

I was not being facetious, just saying

I see what ya did there, us Americans only think of ourselves. LOL
  • tnrown87
    Options
    All expense paid trip to Seattle/Portland (flight, hotels, rental car) for 5 nights. She's always wanted to go there.

That is so AWESOME! :flowerforyou:
  • tnrown87
    Options
    Cemetary flowers.....

I'm very sorry to hear. Every year the Saturday before we put flowers on my Grandmother's grave...I like to think that they make her smile and she does get them.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    The question was what are you getting her...so I answered it, it didn't say AMERICANS what are you getting lol

I was not being facetious, just saying

Then you neglected to say what you GOT her.

Side note: People always have to be annoying.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I know I sound evil and my be blasted by the "what? but she gave you life!" people but if I got her something for Mother's Day I'd actually have to see her and talk to her. I'll pass.

i agree with this on my own mom, but for my mother-in-LAW, I'm doing a scrapbook page frame. It will have idividual cut-out pics of her, my dad in law, two sis in laws, myself, hubby, surrounding a group pic of us. :)
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My momma and I both have a pandora bracelet, so I plan to get her a charm for that day!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Spa day
  • MariaAlbina
    MariaAlbina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    This won't help at all, haha but I quit my job so I can't spend much anyway, so I'm getting her flowers and making her a chocolate chip cookie cake. (her favorite.)
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Coach purse.
  • tnrown87
    Options
    Coach purse.
    Very NICE!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    All expense paid trip to Seattle/Portland (flight, hotels, rental car) for 5 nights. She's always wanted to go there.

You are the best son ever (well besides my sons LOL)
  • tnrown87
    Options
    This won't help at all, haha but I quit my job so I can't spend much anyway, so I'm getting her flowers and making her a chocolate chip cookie cake. (her favorite.)

I think this is great! She will appreciate this more.
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    personalized 'grandma' tshirt, she hasn't had one in over 8 years and has had 4 additional grandchildren since then.
  • Antjebeth08
    Antjebeth08 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm broke so I usually do a nice family dinner of what ever she wants along with Pecan Pie for dessert (It's her favorite!).
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    My mother-in-law has recently lost a fair bit of weight and mentioned none of her trousers fit... I would have NO idea what to select for her, so we are thinking of a gift voucher. As for my own mum, will probably organise to have some native Australian flowers delivered... and a phone call.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Cemetary flowers.....

I'm sorry for your loss. That is what I'll be getting my daddy this year, for Father's Day. =(

I was born just before midnight May 11, 1957, Mother's Day was a few minutes after I arrived. My mom has always told me that I'm the best Mother's Day present she ever got. I live thousands of miles from her and the rest of my family now. I wish I could just be there to hug her. That would make both our Mother's Day!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I got mine a humorous card that my 7 year old somehow already stained with her blueberries. Hopefully I will remember to mail it. I am amazed I've gone to the trouble to do this much to be honest.
  • pattybond1234
    pattybond1234 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My sympathies to those who have lost their Mom. My Mom passed 8 years ago and Mother's Day is still really hard on me. Folks, never underestimate the value of just simply time spent with your Mom, if you are able. My Mom never really wanted gifts, so Dad and I always just took her out to eat. Dad is gone, too, and those memories of all those dinners with them are still with me. Happy Mother's Day, everyone! Hope you are able to enjoy some good quality time with your Mom or someone who is able to fulfill that role in your life.
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    My husband is on a business trip that weekend so my mom is coming over and we're having a girly sleepover weekend. I am baking her favorite cake (a very small one so I can't overindluge) and we'll do mani/pedis and watch Ab Fab.

My family is more about quality time than material gifts, but I may get her a little something. She just got a new iPhone so maybe a cute cover for it.
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    102257474-250x250.jpg

And, I'm giving it to her tonight! So excited!!! :)