If you wouldn't show your grandma

Options

Replies

• va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Wait....you are from Florida and you have a problem with bikini shots?

I'm a native Floridian - it's not about bikini shots. I don't like thongs at the beach, either...male or female. I don't need to know what that much of someone else's body looks like. As for the people saying just don't look - it's kinda hard not to when it's a profile pic or a ticker pic, or it's posted in a thread. Unless this forum has an ignore feature that I haven't discovered yet...

Click on little down arrow by the offensive person's avatar picture, then click "ignore." Done.

Thanks - that's gonna come in handy. :)
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    As much as I would love to sit here and hear how another person is taking what I said and twisting it 50 ways from sunday I am off. I have a life. Have a good day everyone.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    As much as I would love to sit here and hear how another person is taking what I said and twisting it 50 ways from sunday I am off. I have a life. Have a good day everyone.

No one is twisting anything.
  • LisaF1163
    LisaF1163 Posts: 141
    Options
    Wait....you are from Florida and you have a problem with bikini shots?

I'm a native Floridian - it's not about bikini shots. I don't like thongs at the beach, either...male or female. I don't need to know what that much of someone else's body looks like. As for the people saying just don't look - it's kinda hard not to when it's a profile pic or a ticker pic, or it's posted in a thread. Unless this forum has an ignore feature that I haven't discovered yet...

Is it really that hard to ignore?

A few weeks ago, I was at the beach and there was a girl there with a rockin' body wearing a thong bikini. She was just to the left of where we were seated, so I basically couldn't look down the left side of the beach without seeing her butt cheeks. So, it's easy to say "just don't look". But, what about having consideration for people who want to enjoy the view of the beach without having to worry about where they are looking?

So everyone needs to go to the prudish denominator in order to allow you to live comfortably?

How dare those beachgoers not wear a turtleneck and long jammie bottoms!
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I agree the MFP message boards are no place for clevage and thong pics. They belong in my personal in box. So ladies, have at it!
    Laughing here!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

No one is twisting anything. How did you expect this to go?!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    anim_dc083c66-28f6-0914-31f8-4aca86d3ea10.gif
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Where did I say bikini?? Love how people assume!!!!!I said cleavage I mean everything but the nipple showing.....thongs...um i dont want to see a string in between your bare A*#..... and why post naked pics of yourself on a site like this..???

OBVIOUS SCREAM for attention......

I strongly recommend you never come to the Sturgis motorcycle rally.. your head would probably explode...

Haha try Rot Rally in Austin, TX every June. I have seen some things...

Fun fact: in Austin it's perfectly legal for a woman to walk around topless wearing only a thong. In fact, we recently celebrated the life (and mourned the passing) of a local celebrity: a homeless transvestite who wore little more than a thong and lucite heels while walking around downtown Austin. Perhaps it's my upbringing here that has desensitized me to nudity...

Americans are WAY oversensitive when it comes to nudity, but we have shows where people get their face blown off in graphic detail on primetime TV. Violent rape scenes = totally fine. Boobs = OH CANNOT UNSEE!

And it's no wonder nursing mothers can't breastfeed in public without a freaking riot around here... Hell, when I was living in the Netherlands as a child, I saw more boob on a body wash commercial... it didn't scar me for life.
  • totallytasha
    totallytasha Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Before people go loopy on me (cuz wow, defensive much?), I'm putting out the disclaimer that I'm not looking down on everyone who's posting clevage, blah blah. Do whatcha want. But I will say that it's nothing that I would do, for a couple reasons.

Number one, it's not classy. My line of classy is probably different from other's, but I feel like excess cleavage or thong shots aren't a prime example of dripping class. I see a girl/guy on the street showing the lower/upper butt, I don't think 'Now there's a classy one!' Just don't need to see that. Flattering fits, great. Overexposure, not so much. It's possible to flaunt and have still good taste.

Secondly, I wouldn't want to show that much because I feel like it's special, and I only want my special guy to see it. If I want to display how nicely shaped my butt has become, I'll post a before/after pic in a swimsuit bottom that covers my entire bottom, or spandex shorts, or whatever. But that specific up-close-and-personal skin is for the person with who I am personal. And yeah, I've got some cleavage. I wish I could actually cover the stuff better. But so do a ton of other women, and why in the world would they want to see mine. They know what cleavage looks like. And if guys don't, I'm not going to be the one to show them. This ain't for you.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Grandma or not, the site has rules about nudity. And it's a free site. So if you don't like the no nudity rule, too bad. :flowerforyou:

I haven't seen a nude person in their avi.

Exactly. If a photo is against the site rules, it's removed. If it's not against the site rules and you still don't like it, then it's your problem, don't look.

I've seen plenty of pics that are against the rules. And I'm always a bit hesitant opening up mfp with my kid running around because who knows what people are trying to get away with. I don't go around looking for people to report. I have better things to do. But there are a lot of people who want to.play exhibitionist and aren't satisfied keeping it in the groups devoted to that. They insist on showing it off to people who don't actually want to see it. "If you don't want to see it, don't look" can only work so far. There has to be cooperation from both sides of the spectrum. Just a bit of common courtesy from each will go a long way to keeping MFP enjoyable and workplace friendly. :flowerforyou:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

foar-prunedanishes608.jpg
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    This is my profile pic today because my friends and I appreciate each other's hard work and dedication and they all know that 59 lbs ago, I would not have felt comfortable enough to have ever done this. Don't bother trying to make us feel ashamed of these pics, it won't work.

As for my grandma, she saw my last Black Thong Thursday pic because it was immediately before the pic I took of her in a sombrero with a big ole margarita for her 89th birthday. And you wanna know what she said? "Hot damn, look at you!!!"

Nice try ... the pic stays. :flowerforyou:

Your "thong" pic isn't exactly the type that is being discussed here, though. We can't see your butt (thankfully - not asking to or complaining that I can't! lol)
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Your absolutely right...I forgot briefly how some of the people are on here.. My bad
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options

I love the insinuation that women who show their bodies off on the internet must be just horrifically self-depreciating on the inside to do such a thing. It can't POSSIBLY be that they're confident, sexy, and embrace their bodies. NO, they're hos.

/sarcasm

Seriously OP, if you don't like it, get off the internet. It's 2012, not 1952. Women show off the goods these days.

It's just as charming as the insinuation that those of us who prefer not to are prudes, right?
    It's not having your view and chosen rules to live by that is the problem. It is disrespecting the same right in others that irks us.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    If this site were grandmother oriented it would quickly lose THOUSANDS of users. Which would result in a loss in advertising revenue.

I would hope the mods understand how important the popularity of their site is to having the lights stay on. And trust me, making sure no one curses or wears less than a turtleneck DOES NOT make for a heavily trafficked website.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    beatdeadhorse.gif
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Grandma or not, the site has rules about nudity. And it's a free site. So if you don't like the no nudity rule, too bad. :flowerforyou:

I haven't seen a nude person in their avi.

Exactly. If a photo is against the site rules, it's removed. If it's not against the site rules and you still don't like it, then it's your problem, don't look.

I've seen plenty of pics that are against the rules. And I'm always a bit hesitant opening up mfp with my kid running around because who knows what people are trying to get away with. I don't go around looking for people to report. I have better things to do. But there are a lot of people who want to.play exhibitionist and aren't satisfied keeping it in the groups devoted to that. They insist on showing it off to people who don't actually want to see it. "If you don't want to see it, don't look" can only work so far. There has to be cooperation from both sides of the spectrum. Just a bit of common courtesy from each will go a long way to keeping MFP enjoyable and workplace friendly. :flowerforyou:

This is an adult site. If you're so worried about your child seeing it, the obvious solution would be to not view the site in your child's presence, rather than expecting the whole internet to read your mind and cater to your personal hangups.
  • Uuugggghhhhhhh
    Options
    Oh, shaddup ya prude!
  • springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    Options

It's just as charming as the insinuation that those of us who prefer not to are prudes, right?

From my point of view, if you don't want to "show off the goods" that's perfectly fine. It's when you (general, not specific) try to tell other people they aren't dressing according to your interpretation of what's appropriate that is when I start thinking of people as being prudish.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Your absolutely right...I forgot briefly how some of the people are on here.. My bad

I thought you were leaving because you had a life?
This discussion has been closed.