Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I AM a Grandma, so how does that work?

Wow. You're a GILF!
    lol
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Weird how all I said was I didn't want to see it and got called a prude, told to move out of the country( its people like me that fight for your right to speak and voice your opinion) and my kids were brought into this... I didn't call y'all hookers or tell you your nasty, and you can say whatever you think about me but when you pull my children into it.. Seriously wow what a new low

Doesn't matter the point has been missed and blown up so honestly whatever but to the man that brought my boys into it you are trash honestly

It's people like me who have fought for our freedoms too. I do not share your opinion and I think you have not only an attitude problem, but find it incredibly ironic that you are posting this trying to censor the freedoms of adults here while claiming to be a freedom fighter. I seriously question your integrity and narcissism as a result.
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    why would you show us your cleavage, thong shots, naked photos etc........Just saying...I don't want to see em lol
    Have you noticed the half naked people in the advertisments of this site?? If half naked people upset you maybe you shouldn't log on to it anymore. ( just sayin)
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Fun fact: in Austin it's perfectly legal for a woman to walk around topless wearing only a thong. In fact, we recently celebrated the life (and mourned the passing) of a local celebrity: a homeless transvestite who wore little more than a thong and lucite heels while walking around downtown Austin. Perhaps it's my upbringing here that has desensitized me to nudity...

Americans are WAY oversensitive when it comes to nudity, but we have shows where people get their face blown off in graphic detail on primetime TV. Violent rape scenes = totally fine. Boobs = OH CANNOT UNSEE!

I'm pretty sure Austin is the most awesome part of TX.

Also, I agree about Americans. I was watching Supersize vs Superskinny on the internet. When I watched it on American tv, they censored the breast shots in the beginning. Like they're a big deal.

When I was at teenager, my grandmother made me a shirt with no buttons because she knew I was just gonna throw it on over a sports bra and tie it at the bottom (helped push the cleavage up). So my grandma wouldn't care.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I never read any attempt to censor anyone, just that she said didn't want to see them, after asking them why they would show it off to everyone.

It's actually not a question of integrity or narcissism to ask something of someone, or even to make a statement as to one's preferences. However, making assumptions and questioning the integrity of someone based off of very little information available ...

Well, I mentioned something about fallacies already.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I never read any attempt to censor anyone, just that she said didn't want to see them, after asking them why they would show it off to everyone.

It's actually not a question of integrity or narcissism to ask something of someone, or even to make a statement as to one's preferences. However, making assumptions and questioning the integrity of someone based off of very little information available ...

Well, I mentioned something about fallacies already.

I don't think you have any concept of the principles of freedom that should be drilled into the head of the OP as a member of the military, so I don't think you are in any position to comment on my post.

There is no excuse for her to be questioning any of this, as she already knows the answer. Either she is being deliberately obtuse or she fails to understand what freedom is. As a soldier she should understand the price of freedom, that freedom is delicate and precious, and that freedom includes behaviours that she may not personally agree with. She IS applying her sense of what is right and wrong to a group of people, which is in direct violation of the principles of which she is sworn to. Expecting others to meet her own moral needs IS narcissism. I question her integrity because she is flaunting her status as a member of the armed forces while berating others for exercising their freedoms.

Once a soldier, always a soldier. Expectations and standards of behaviour are considerably higher than for the civilian. If I were her CO she would be on toothbrush toilet duty until she could recite the constitution backwards and forwards by memory. I would also tell her to "suck it up buttercup", her job is to defend her country not subvert the rights of the populace.
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Folks,

Regardless of whether there's a consensus that the site's guidelines (photo guidelines, or otherwise) are worth following, they do exist, and we do expect users who wish to retain their posting privileges to abide by said guidelines. Those of you who care to follow up may do some bedtime reading here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

We will continue to enforce the guidelines to the best of our ability, and there are consequences (up to and including removal of an account) for those who willfully and repeatedly post in opposition to the "rules."

Thanks for your attention.
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.