How do you get to 1500 calories

Options

Replies

• Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    You can definitely eat pasta, bread, or any other carb. I'd go crazy otherwise! Having been brought up on an Indian diet, I cannot eat veggies without rotis (unleavened bread) or rice without lentils. As long as you aren't eating just bread or just pasta and getting your 20-30% of protein per day, you're doing ok! Don't stress out about it. Everyone's bodies respond to different foods...
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Personal choice really. I do not eat bread or pasta if I can help it as I seem to get issues with wheat these days.
    I do, however, eat baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, brown/wild/red rice, quinoa and rice noodles.
    I also eat a lot of greek yoghurt with seeds and pb2 mixed in which adds calories.
    Cottage cheese, fish, fruit, rice cakes, some chocolate. I have no issues hitting 2000, let alone 1500.
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You are kidding, right? I have no problem eating up to my calories and I eat 1850 a day. Many times I even go over. I just snack constantly and it all adds up. And yes, I eat pasta and bread. Heck, the other day I ate Oreos and Beef Jerky for dinner. Bread sounds healthy in comparison!
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    How do you get to 1200-1500 calories?

I cannot figure out how to do this without at least one serving of bread and one of pasta each day? Thanks!

So what? Look, I've lost 14 lbs. in the last 7.5 weeks, eating bread and/or pasta every day. I even eat Red Baron frozen pizza, for cryin' out loud.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    How do you NOT get to 1500 calories if you want to? I have days where I don't have many carbs and go over 2000. Eat bigger portions, more meals throughout the day, add some calorie/nutrient dense foods like nut butters, nuts, avocados, etc.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    There are lots of food choices - not difficult at all to eat 1500 calories a day.

Nuts
    Nut Butter
    Cheese
    Greek Yogurt w/ berries
    Protein bar
    Scrambled Eggs
    Bacon
    Tuna

Just off the top of my head - some quick "go to" foods that are protein-rich, healthy fats

And Carbs - they are not bad. Everything in proportion. For ME - grain carbs are a trigger and tend to push out other foods. So, I steadfastly try to get my protein in that I need and then let the other macros fall in where they may. I'm a NUT for nut butter and nuts - so I always have plenty of healthy fats. Full fat or reduced fat cheese - that is filling, protein rich. 1 oz. is a serving size.

Please educate yourself on nutrition and food choices - there are TONS of good foods out here and we must fuel our bodies.

Peace out.

Jen
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/harlanJEN
  • Salasel
    Salasel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    1500 divided by 5 is only 300 calories per meal.
    For Breakfast: Nonfat Greek yogurt with a little granola or perhaps a egg white omelet with spinach grilled chicken and feta. I’m also a fan of naked smoothies.

AM Snack: Protein shake or a Cliff bar or Peanut butter and apples or Peanut butter on a banana

For Lunch: Leftovers if you cook a healthy dinner the left overs make a great lunch the day after it also helps with portion control. Or a salad from Subway.

PM Snack: Protein shake or a Clif bar or Peanut butter and apples or Peanut butter on a banana

Dinner: Grilled fish, Chicken or even a small steak (bison is awesome) . With mashed cauliflower or a baked sweet potato. Whole fresh foods are your friends and they can be very tasty

Good luck
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you think is wrong with bread or pasta, but I eat at least 1,500 calories and don't eat very much bread or pasta (not a big sandwich or pasta person). My diary is open so feel free to check it out if you want :)
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I really see no problem here... if you're able to eat bread or pasta and it fits daily goal.. then why not eat it? As long as you're meeting your goals you should still lose weight.
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    if i have calories left, i eat a massive bowl of greek yoghurt with peanut butter, cereal, fruit, or whatever i feel like adding :D
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Nuts...eggs, cheese, avacado, peanut butter and lean meats are all high in calories.
    A protein drink is always a good choice also.
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    low carb is only a quick fix. IMO low carb diets are the worst
  • seanwebster
    seanwebster Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    If I see myself coming up really low for the day I may have a small handful of peanuts or almonds, depending on if I think the extra hit of fats will help or hurt. Though honestly if I'm more than 200-300 under goal for the day it's probably from lack of fat.

Yogurt, cheese, fruit, cereal (cold or hot), popcorn, hummus & carrots or a pita loaf... there are lots of ways to grab a little extra nutrition.

Myself, I'm about to go have a few drinks. Not the ideal way to get calories maybe. Nobody's perfect.
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I would eat 1 box of oreo cookies.......that would do it.

:laugh: :laugh: Exactly what I was thinking! :laugh: :laugh:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I would eat 1 box of oreo cookies.......that would do it.

:laugh: :laugh: Exactly what I was thinking! :laugh: :laugh:

This is golden due to recent acts. But It's actually 1800 calories (30 Oreos). The only reason why I remember this is I didn't have one for years and was saying that when I hit goal I'd eat a box of oreos, which I did recently over a few hours. I even made a post about it with pictures of me with oreos haha:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/579575-today-i-hit-goal-doing-this-5-7-sedentary-female
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I hit ~2300 most days, but that includes bread every day.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    um how about nuts, peanu/almond butter, avocado, etc....
  • kathym59
    kathym59 Posts: 51
    Options
    the best is pasta with baguette bread in the same meal :)
    Make that garlic bread and a glass of red wine, yum!!
  • Billywoo
    Billywoo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on EVERYTHING!! And THATS my final answer! lol. Now just don't go over :happy:
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have this problem some days as well. Most days actually. last night I was left with a 600 calorie defecit! today, it's already 4:20pm and i still have 1400 calories to go D: