The scale is a lying torture device! I'm proof :)

Options

Replies

• FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Have you been running along with p90x? I am doing it too and was going to start running to lose my baby fat

I don't run, but I do walk my dog about 10 miles a week on hills :)
  • Ofm05
    Ofm05 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @ Emsawnson

Are you following the Nutrition Guide from P90X?

Or are you just getting better and doing myfitnesspal?
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Original Poster, you look amazing!!! Congrats!
    My profile pic is of me on the left at 145lbs on 1stApril and at 142.8lbs on 30th April. I only lost 2.2lbs but I lost 0.5in from my waist, 1 in from my belly and 1.5in from my hips. :)
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I love this.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    I love this.

Me too. The original board was made on a day I was feeling totally ick about lack of movement on the scales.

This has inspired me to just keep going.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    @ Emsawnson

Are you following the Nutrition Guide from P90X?

Or are you just getting better and doing myfitnesspal?

Not following the nutrition guide, but following the recommended calories. It tells me to eat 2400 :)
  • nutter02
    nutter02 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am so inspired by your weight loss. How long have you been working at it?
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    I am so inspired by your weight loss. How long have you been working at it?

Since July 2011! It hasn't been fast, but that's okay with me :)
  • jarrettfam
    jarrettfam Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to see that. I have been swimming, walking and going the extra mile to burn calories. The stupid scales keep showing me 3 lbs heavier but my cloths are getting bigger. My waist looked smaller today too! Thanks for the pic!
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You look awesome....I'm doing p90x as well less than 2 weeks left then on to insanity my scale has barely moved either...I was also a daily weigh-er and changed to just get on the scale once a week cause it was frustrating me...thanks for sharing :)
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look terrific - all your hard work has certainly paid off! Thank you SO much for sharing your photos and amazing progress with us. (I'm also proof that the scale lies, as I lost 2 dress sizes and only a few pounds, at the time.)

I am one of those folks who doesn't believe that good health or fitness can be measured by a number on the scale. Unfortunately so many rely on the scale as their motivator for losing weight. But it's a blind, unreliable and often-times discouraging gauge -- sorry, that's not the kind of 'motivator' I want! I go by inches lost, how my strength/endurance increases, and how my clothing fits. However, you've really encouraged me to start taking progress photos too!

Your post reminded me of my two favourite quotes on the subject of 'the scale'...

“If you reached your goal weight and looked like crap, would you be happy? What if you only reached half of your goal weight and looked fantastic, would you be upset? What matters are the inches and how you look and feel. Not how much you 'weigh'." -Skip Lacour

"You can completely reshape your body without affecting your weight much. I simply strive to trust in the process and remember: Who sees the scale? Just you. Who sees your shrinking measurements? EVERYBODY! " -a friend on MFP
  • AlexanderK1994
    AlexanderK1994 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You look great! :) I have a long way to go before I start ignoring my scale...
  • YepLilly
    YepLilly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Upon urging from a few of my MFPs here, I'm posting the below picture. The photo on the left is from Jan 1st when I weighed 202lbs - the photo on the right is from this morning when I weighed 203lbs. Since January, I've done P90X and I'm finishing up month 1 of Insanity.

Just goes to show your body can change and the scale won't show it ONE BIT. If I didn't take photos and measurements, I would surely be insane by now.

2w4bqpt.jpg

IGNORE THE TORTURE DEVICE aka the scale!!

I just found this thread, but I have to bump it. Amazing!!! Congrats!
  • 7months
    7months Posts: 10
    Options
    THANK YOU FOR POSTING! This is very motivational! The scale is indeed AWFUL!

Yesterday, at work, a close friend told me I look like an entirely different person than I did a year ago. All co workers have commented on my weight loss. I started there a size 18 pant. Today I am squeezing in to a ladies 14 ( strangely, I fit in to most juniors 15). The strange part is that I have only lost 6 pounds on the scale. However, the very large protruding belly I had is hollowing out, the shape of my bottom is changing, legs are powerful, and back is stronger.

I hate the scale too! It almost made me want to give up on many an occasion.

I put it away for 3 months, kept doing what I was doing. Took it out after I was CERTAIN old clothes didn't fit anymore, and it still refused to nudge. So I decided I don't need the scale! Just MFP diaries & logs and the FANTASTIC people who share their own stories!

Thanks again for posting yours!
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    awesome comparison btw!
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    wow! Truely amazing!!! I think we should all throw our scales out and measure!!
  • Rosslifts
    Rosslifts Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    More people need to see this.
    lean healthy muscle weights more than fat, so any fat loss on a strength programme like p90x will be hard to see on a scale. Break out the tape measure and start taking measurements.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I know I've posted on here several times, but I always keep coming back to it. It's my favourite thread on MFP. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!