saving for later.
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    wow. just WOW!
  • karnidge
    karnidge Posts: 3
    Options
    A great story about courage and dedication. Thanks for sharing.
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    wow... am i the only one who thinks his yoga instructor was being incredibly irresponsible in introducing him to such advanced moves when he could barely stand?

he is incredibly lucky that he did not do himself further serious damage during one of those falls.

as someone who HAS been injured, who spent 2 years with limited mobility, who had 3 surgeries to correct it, and who has recovered without falling over once, i would like to add to this video that recovery is possible without putting someone at high risk of further injury.

i'm angry with the yoga instructors who turned him away, but i'm more angry that this instructor was so arrogant that he put someone else at risk.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    <Sniff> Yup, like a baby :cry: but it was so inspiring :happy:
  • captawesome
    captawesome Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    this is awesome! crying!!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    the power of the human mind and spirit are amazing things.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    wow... am i the only one who thinks his yoga instructor was being incredibly irresponsible in introducing him to such advanced moves when he could barely stand?

he is incredibly lucky that he did not do himself further serious damage during one of those falls.

as someone who HAS been injured, who spent 2 years with limited mobility, who had 3 surgeries to correct it, and who has recovered without falling over once, i would like to add to this video that recovery is possible without putting someone at high risk of further injury.

i'm angry with the yoga instructors who turned him away, but i'm more angry that this instructor was so arrogant that he put someone else at risk.

when a persons body is broken and your soul is hanging on by a thread yet your spirit is screaming out to live, you dont have much to lose by taking a risk, we all should be so brave as to have the courage to live our lives and not live in fear of taking a chance on change.
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    The song alone makes me cry every time I hear it. Adding in that amazing video, and I'm feeling more motivated than ever.

Thanks for posting this.
  • cowchick4_fun
    Options
    wow that was amazing. thank you so much for sharing. this is great motivation to keep going and not let anything stand in the way of doing what you want to accomplish. this is just what i needed. thanks again.
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options

when a persons body is broken and your soul is hanging on by a thread yet your spirit is screaming out to live, you dont have much to lose by taking a risk, we all should be so brave as to have the courage to live our lives and not live in fear of taking a chance on change.

let me repeat. I have been injured. I have recovered from a state of limited mobility. I did it entirely risk free. I even used some yoga.

The guy who achieved all this is totally amazing, courageous and inspirational, sure. The yoga instructor was very irresponsible, especially with the amount of entirely safe movements in the general yoga repertoire.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    wow good for him!
  • Buettner22
    Buettner22 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That was so wonderful! Thank you for sharing this with everyone it'll help remind me that even though its hard right now in a few months ill be able to make it easy.
  • RobertGraber
    RobertGraber Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    awesome!!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Loved it.....Definitely inspiring and made me cry
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

looks like it
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    I'm bawling! This is the most inspirational video ever. I'm bookmarking it so that when I feel like giving up I can just watch it and get the inspiration back.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational!!
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options

let me repeat. I have been injured. I have recovered from a state of limited mobility. I did it entirely risk free. I even used some yoga.

The guy who achieved all this is totally amazing, courageous and inspirational, sure. The yoga instructor was very irresponsible, especially with the amount of entirely safe movements in the general yoga repertoire.

He was working out at home to dvd's. He did this by pushing himself, he chose the risk.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!