New and would love to be friends (yes, You!)

Options
Dear potential friend,

I use to be an intervention away from being this guy. Seriously. I gained weight so quickly last spring after indulging morning, noon and night, in various cartons of ice cream. If I were to have received a paper cut, the cream running through my veins would have clotted more quickly than anything else.

I started working out in November but needed to focus on the consumption component. This website is brilliant(!) and after joining yesterday, I would like to not simply be a voyeur, but have an active community of friends to tumble around with while I lose about 80 pounds. Doesn't matter if your age/weight/story is different than mine. If you are up for it, let's roll.

Replies

• Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me as a friend :) I just started about a week ago and gonna be starting insanity in about a week and have 5 small children :)
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You seem pretty neat. Friends?
  • Neecy_Pooh
    Neecy_Pooh Posts: 122
    Options
    Hello! You can invite me as a friend! I like new friends. : )

Neecy
  • Neecy_Pooh
    Neecy_Pooh Posts: 122
    Options
    Hello! I just noticed that you were starting the INSANITY program. That is awesome!! I started on Monday. I LOVE IT!! Good luck with that and your progress. : )

Neecy
  • Tinascarbro
    Options
    Hi! My name is Tina, and I'm new to myfitnesspal. I would love to have friends for support, and motivation.
  • BellaT81
    BellaT81 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new around as well. Been here about a week. It's a pretty neat community. Feel free to add me as a friend. :-)
  • freedsgirl
    freedsgirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have some friends on here. I dont have any yet and I looked at my message box and it said I didn't have any.....nothing like having no friends to bring you down HAHAHA.

I'm here if you need motivation. I have lots of good ideas, but lack the willpower to see them through. Hoping I can help you and you can help me.
  • Fat_Lenny
    Fat_Lenny Posts: 38
    Options
    I love your story. Similar to me, cut me open and let the chocolate fudge brownie flow! On a much much better path now, thanks to MFP and my sister (she's like my own personal boot camp instructor!) Always up for new MFP friends. Add me if you like :smile:
  • Sansum
    Sansum Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, i'm a Newbie too, joined today and am looking for friends and support and will welcome as many friends as possible :)
  • sailorsiren13
    sailorsiren13 Posts: 460
    Options
    Oh love the story as a fellow ice cream addict switched to fro yo feel free to add me!!
  • 0hSISTER
    0hSISTER Posts: 8
    Options
    Holy crow! I was just watching YouTube videos of that YESTERDAY! That's amazing that you're going for it. @ Mommy_Time
  • 0hSISTER
    Options
    Done and done!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I still have about 80 to lose and it is an easier journey with friends doing it, too!! :)
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Good start. Feel free to add me.
  • lesanncan
    lesanncan Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi! im Leslie I started this site on Monday and I LOVE it! I have about 100 pounds to lose and would love to have you as a friend feel free to add me! Good luck!
  • madmex569
    madmex569 Posts: 49
    Options
    hey good luck. add me as a friend. i'm looking for some of same things.
  • sjmitchner
    sjmitchner Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want!
  • madmex569
    Options
    add me as a friend. good luck.
  • 0hSISTER
    Options
    This is awesome. Adding each and everyone of you. Thank-you for responding!
  • madmex569
    Options
    having the support on this site is important. Add me as a friend. good luck