B-yum-p
  • jiljdea
    jiljdea Posts: 1
    Options
    what brand protein powder do you use? thx
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I have all of the ingredients gathered to make these this afternoon - was very pleased to find I had pumpkin pie spice in the pantry that I'd forgotten was in there. :-). I think I'm going to add a bit of Splenda as well, based on the previous poster that stated she would sweeten a bit more on her next batch due to having a sweet tooth. Sounds like me. ;-). My stats for my own ingredients come out to 103 calories and 13g protein per muffin. I will update this evening with my results.

Updating with my results - I accidentally left mine in the oven too long and they came out quite tough. :-( Probaby my fault for baking them too long. I added 1/4 cup Splenda and they are still not sweet enough for me. Might add more sweetness if I try them again.

Also, I do NOT recommend using paper baking cups. It is impossible to get the paper off of the ones I made, I had to scrape the bottom of the muffin itself off so I wouldn't be eating paper fibers. LOL The foil cup liners are very difficult to peel off when the muffins are still warm, but if you let the muffins cool completely the foil ones come right off w/o a problem. Once again, might have something to do with me baking too long or maybe with my Splenda or something, I don't know much about baking so I don't know what causes what. LOL
  • newNRGkate
    newNRGkate Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fitzonegirl
    fitzonegirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    what brand protein powder did you use? I tried these and I liked them but i used muffin cups ....dont recommend them:~/
  • alygover
    alygover Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Just made these... they are okay. I used Whey Maxx Triple Chocolate because that is what I had on hand. They might be better with vanilla. The nutritional value of these are awesome, but they are are little too protein-powdery tasting for me (I don't love the taste of protein powder). I probably won't eat very many of them. But, if you are looking for a healthy recipe and you like protein powder you should try them!
  • Generalle
    Generalle Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yum I love love love pumpkin. Thanks!
  • CanuckTracy
    CanuckTracy Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Bump ;)