Replies

• MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    Options
    I do and love it.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I do-but very boring. I do it for flexibility-regardless.
  • dancecentral
    dancecentral Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I do it about once a week on one of the xbox games called Your Shape.. I also have a DVD but I'd like to take a class someday.. I find that I feel really good and can breathe better after I do it. :smile:
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I do yoga weekly and definitely want to do more of it, but I have to fit other cardio and strength training in some days!

I fell in LOVE with Bikram yoga last summer and I'm looking for a studio around here BUT I will be going to a hot yoga class (similar, but not the same unfortunately) next week! :bigsmile:
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    I don't do yoga. I do Yoga X. Bring it!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I include yoga to my workout regimen. I must admit, i started yoga to check on girls but recently i attend yoga classes to actually focus and learn from the yogi.

the reason that i became interested is that i notice that it healed by back pain which becoming a pain now that i'm in my 40's. also i feel calmer too. also improved my sports participation, friends told me that i move better but i can't say "it's the yoga" to macho guys. most importantly i notice that my sex performance improved in many ways.
  • Tracey0013
    Tracey0013 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I find yoga a freeing a restful practice :) Just don't get to do it enough :)
  • paruls86
    paruls86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i WANT to do yoga, but our budget is so tight it squeaks. i have yet to find a good online source of instructional videos - do you know of one?
    rodney yee has power yoga on you tube... it mightbe a bit difficult but it burns more calories than hathyog
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I love yoga, I don't count it on mfp though I do strictly to relax I usually do like half an hour before bed.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I swear by this!

http://www.ddpyoga.com

Check it out kids!

I am seriously thinking about getting this. I just saw the video of Arthur's testimonial yesterday and was BLOWN AWAY!
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    If you go here http://healthiie.tumblr.com/post/22239871004/neck-shoulders-hatha-yoga-for-neck-and-shoulder you should see tons of youtube links for yoga.
  • MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    Options
    i WANT to do yoga, but our budget is so tight it squeaks. i have yet to find a good online source of instructional videos - do you know of one?
    rodney yee has power yoga on you tube... it mightbe a bit difficult but it burns more calories than hathyog

^^^This. Rodney Yee's Power Yoga Series is awesome!
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I love yoga! And bikram burns a lot of calories!!
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do yoga for pain....It was on pbs.... A lot of seniors were doing it. It looked great!
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    LOVE YOGA but my favorite is HOT VINYASA... i try to do yoga 2 times a week...have been out for a few months because the classes dont fit in my schedule too well but once june hits IM BACK AT IT!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I Love Yoga!

My workout schedule, time & $ don't allow me to take any classes right now. But, it is still part of my routine at least 4 times per week!
  • spartymama
    spartymama Posts: 15
    Options
    I like doing yoga but I was bummed to see how few calories it burns once I joined MFP. I hear the yoga section of P90X is pretty intense and actually burns cals.
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I did yoga when I was young, but cannot do it now because of a bad back and injured hip. I'm finding yang-style Tai Chi to be a perfect substitute. It is mindful, in the way that yoga is, but fully exercises the joints in a way that yoga doesn't.

If anyone is looking for an alternative to yoga, try tai chi. The burn in calories is extremely high. And it is a weight bearing exercise as well.
  • annamook
    annamook Posts: 28
    Options
    I have a friend whose only workout is Bikram yoga several times per week and she is whip thin. I cannot do heat though
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yoga is how I found my way back to fitness from fatness. I was about 240 lbs and completely out of shape when a friend invited me to a yoga class. I went out of sheer frustration with myself, but was in LOVE after that first class. I go once or twice a week and seriously feel it in my muscles when I miss. It is the icing to the cake of a well-rounded work out routine. (Probably not good to use a cake analogy on a weight loss site, but whatever's clever)