Ladies-Your Favorite Protein Powder?

Options
13»

Replies

• MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    Options
    Are there any brands that sell samples? Or do you know a place where I can get samples of protein powders? I'm so hesitant to spend money on it if I don't know that I'm going to like it!

Most likely I will drink it as a shake for post workout or add it to my oatmeal in the morning. Ideally I could buy one product that would work both ways.

Some places have good return policies where if you are dissatisfied, you can return it. I like shopping at Vitamin Shoppe, Vitamin World, www.swansonvitamins.com
  • bjnorvell
    bjnorvell Posts: 43
    Options
    Shakeology has a 30 day money back guarantee! Even if you use it all before 30 days you can still get a refund!
  • muffinskya
    muffinskya Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth and I am very picky so if it doesn't taste good I'm not gonna do it or eat it.

So with that said - I have a BIG weight loss goal and I am working out about 4-6 hours a day depending on the day 6 days a week. Which means I needed to add liquid protein into my diet as well. My trainer suggested protein shakes which frankly all tasted nasty to me. however, the one I finally settled on was one of my one making.

vitamin worlds whey isolate - fruit punch flavor - I then add in 1 of the sugar free hawiian punch drink packets (only 30 calories). the ones you add to water.

it tastes just like your drinking hawiian punch and not a protein shake!!!

Have you ever thought about crystal light fruit punch without the calories? Just a thought, I might try it :)
  • holli_walker
    holli_walker Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :-)
  • LJ728
    LJ728 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I use Protein Factory Whey Light Protein - Chocolate, of course!
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb!
  • pertinacity
    pertinacity Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Genuine Health Vegan Proteins + Chocolate. I love it in with low fat greek yogurt, water and berries made into a smoothie. I tried the strawberry flavour and it made me throw up. I also bought the vanilla flavour but I have not opened it yet.
    I use this brand too - Vegan Proteins+ by Genuine Health except the one I have is Double Chocolate.
    It tastes delicious, I just add 1 banana, almond milk and mixed berries to it.
    I got it in Canada but it's also available on Amazon
  • Tlove1111
    Tlove1111 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I posted a similar topic recently and I decided to go with the "Stronger Faster Healthier pure whey" :)
  • Starbec
    Starbec Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I use Horleys Sculpt for Women - vanilla, banana and choc among other flavours! 19g protein per serve

I'm in Australia .... but I buy online so you may be able to get it overseas??
  • FabulousKP
    FabulousKP Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Brookhaven64
    Brookhaven64 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the Nectar brand by Syntrax. I buy the chocolate Truffle and add 1 scoop to 8 ounces of 2% milk. One scoop is 100 calories, no carbs and I believe there are 25 proteins. I have tried so many brands but this taste just like you went out and bought a chocolate milk shake. I buy mine at Drug Emporium. A friend of mine had Gastric Bipass and his Dr. recommend this to get some weight off before the surgery. Try it you will love it.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I like rice protein powder.
  • kimboyle92
    kimboyle92 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I get a jug from GNC of the amplified wheybolic!!! It's amazing, been using the chocolate flavor for a year now mixed with skim milk with breakfast!! It tastes JUST like chocolate milk (there are other flavors). Since I am a woman, I take one scoop which is 93 calories and 20g of protein. The employee recommended that to me because I want weight loss. It keeps me full for a long time!! definitely look into that brand! :)

I use the same but in vanilla so I can mix it with V-8 fusions to get in some fruit and vege servings in my day
  • tristaNallen2011
    Options
    MY 2 FAVORITE CHOCOLATE PROTEIN SHAKES ARE SHAKEOLOGY AND ENERGYFIRST. I JUST ORDERED SOME FROM ENERGYFIRST BECAUSE OF COURSE THEY ARE WAY CHEAPER THAN SHAKEOLOGY, BUT SHAKEOLOGY IS ALSO SUPPER GOOD JUST EXSPENSIVE. THE REASON I AM STARTING MY PROTEIN SHAKES AGAIN IS FOR A MEAL REPLACEMENT, WHICH I WILL BE USING ONE SCOOP OF THE PROTEIN POWDER AND USING 2% MILK FOR MY MEAL REPLACEMENT TO HELP ME LOSS WEIGHT AND REACH MY WEIGHT LOSS GOALS. I HAVE SOME ORDERED THAT IS SUPPOSE TO COME IN THIS COMING UP TUESDAY SO HOPEFULLY I CAN GET MY WEIGHT LOSS GOALS WITH MY NEW SHAKES KICKED OFF ON WEDNESDAY. OH BUT IN THE MEAN TIME UNTIL IT GETS HERE I AM ONLY CONSUMING 1230 CALS A DAY, DRINKING PLENTY OF WATER, AND OF COURSE DOING AN EXCERSICE PROGRAM CALLED HIP HOP ABS ADAVANCED LEVEL 2.

:happy: