30 day Shred Starting May 1st Come and Join me!

Options

Replies

• myoldselfback
    myoldselfback Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just saw this I'm on day 3 of week 2 and it's kicking my butt! what's the easiest way to join this post every day or week?
  • ShamimAkhtar
    ShamimAkhtar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done for me and I gotta say my legs are sore so are are my arms/shoulders, but hope to continue.

What else are people doing with 30DS or just this? Would love to get some ideas, as I am not sure if 25mins is enough for a day.
  • Cyndie3
    Cyndie3 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of walking , and jogging in place
  • Oops25
    Oops25 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I want to join as well ! I have been doing 30DS alternative days but need the motivation and support to do it everyday..Please add me if you can offer support and advice !
  • Lmdaniels
    Lmdaniels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done for me and I gotta say my legs are sore so are are my arms/shoulders, but hope to continue.

What else are people doing with 30DS or just this? Would love to get some ideas, as I am not sure if 25mins is enough for a day.

I've been doing another 30 min of cardio. Every other day some weight lifting and occasional Zumba.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Done w/ Day 6!

Moved up to Level 2, which is hard. I'm still kinda panting, as I type this (as beads of sweat drips down my back).
    Doesn't help w/ my 7.5# dumbbells.

Good thing I dragged my butt out of bed at 4am to do Day 5 (before leaving for BoyScout camping trip). Would have been tough to do workout 5 (level 1) and 6 (level 2) on the same day.

30DS is just the cherry on top of my other usual work-outs:
    - Monday: Muscle Conditioning
    - Tuesday: Turbokick
    - Wednesday: Zumba
    - Friday: Body Pump

I also try to run 5K, bike, and hike in between/weekends.

Keep up the good work everyone!!!

Amanda
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I was posting on the Hi Shredders board and was wondering where everyone was lol! I am on day 7 level 1. Endurance is getting much better but still not able to do unmodified pushups. I can get through about 8 normal ones and then have to switch. Everything else is going well. Not looking forward to mountain climbers which if I recall are part of level 2.
  • EBBlue10
    EBBlue10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Can you please invite me to the support group?

Thanks!
  • huango
    Options
    Done w/ Day 7 of 30DS level 2. Now I'm feeling some of the soreness, in my arms. Had to drop down to 5# weights a few times.

I think I have to go back down to Level 1 tomorrow, since it's my crazy intense Turbokick day.

Amanda

sgreene87: ...but still not able to do unmodified pushups. I can get through about 8 normal ones and then have to switch. Everything else is going well. Not looking forward to mountain climbers which if I recall are part of level 2.

Take it 1 day at a time w/ the pushups.
    Last year, I started doing pushups, such as 15 in a row. Then somehow I got a goal in my head to do 50 in a row. I didn't think it was possible, especially when I was stuck at 40 for almost 2 weeks. But slowly but surely, I was able to reach my goal.
    1 day at a time. You can do it.

W/ the mountain climbers, I need to slow it down to concentrate on my form. At that point of the workout, I am panting (from the ?high knees or twist or something), so I just try to whip out the climbers. But next time, I need to focus on keeping my abs tight to help strengthen my back, etc.

Keep up the good work.
  • Zumbagurl64
    Zumbagurl64 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    started last night, add me if you like....i think the 8 lb weights may have been a bit much... :bigsmile: Gayle :flowerforyou:
  • fullagrace
    fullagrace Posts: 75
    Options
    Tonight I will be doing Day 3 of Level 2. My shoulders are killing me from the planking exercises. I still cannot do more than a couple of real push ups but I am thinking I will be able to after I finish level 2. It seems very challenging for my upper body.

I have not lost weight doing the 30ds. I took before photos and measurements and I have forced myself to wait until day 15 to re-take them to see if I have at least been losing inches. Hopefully I have.

Some days I feel like I look skinner, other days I feel like a giant. lol
  • huango
    Options
    Done w/ Day 8 level 1 (have an intense Turbokick class in 1.5hrs)

sarahgrace:...I have not lost weight doing the 30ds. I took before photos and measurements and I have forced myself to wait until day 15 to re-take them to see if I have at least been losing inches. Hopefully I have.

Some days I feel like I look skinner, other days I feel like a giant. lol

Ditto.
    Actually afraid to get on the scale, but I am not getting on the scale for another week, so hopefully I'll see more definition/progress by then.

Amanda
  • kericiccarone
    Options
    I would love to join you in the 30 day shred! I'm going to get my dvd today!:smile::smile:
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Day 8 is done for me.

I usually do each level for 10 days but I see others don't? I like level 1 and 2 but not 3 so I like to drag the 1st two out a little. I don't feel like level 3 is hard enough plus I guess I like the exercises better on the first two levels.

Right now I walk for an hour a day plus can have an active job but sounds like I need to step it up! I will start training for a 7 mile run here soon since I took a break from running. I would like to do more weights but I just don't have enough time in the day for all of what I want/need to get done :laugh:
  • Babykinz
    Babykinz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm starting today but I'm only using 1kg weights to start with.
  • MNewark08
    MNewark08 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started it 3 weeks ago. Been very consistent this last week. Doing it everyday (Atleast trying every day!!! )
  • AllyOoz
    AllyOoz Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi room. Can anyone give me some info about what the 30 day shred is? Sounds good as far as the name goes, but I actually have no idea what it is. Help, please?
  • sgreene87
    Options
    Day 8 of level 1. I am going to stick to the plan of 10 days on each level. I tried on a pair of pants this morning that I have been able to button but have been extremely tight and lands a mighty they were actually lose. Funny how the results are not really showing on the scale but I can tell in my clothes. I will take that as a non scale victory.

I am planning to ramp up my cardio workouts so that I will see some weight loss as well as toning.

Congrats to all who are doing so well with the shred it!
  • Babykinz
    Babykinz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi room. Can anyone give me some info about what the 30 day shred is? Sounds good as far as the name goes, but I actually have no idea what it is. Help, please?

Hi
    It's Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD
  • sgreene87
    Options
    Done w/ Day 7 of 30DS level 2. Now I'm feeling some of the soreness, in my arms. Had to drop down to 5# weights a few times.

I think I have to go back down to Level 1 tomorrow, since it's my crazy intense Turbokick day.

Amanda

sgreene87: ...but still not able to do unmodified pushups. I can get through about 8 normal ones and then have to switch. Everything else is going well. Not looking forward to mountain climbers which if I recall are part of level 2.

Take it 1 day at a time w/ the pushups.
    Last year, I started doing pushups, such as 15 in a row. Then somehow I got a goal in my head to do 50 in a row. I didn't think it was possible, especially when I was stuck at 40 for almost 2 weeks. But slowly but surely, I was able to reach my goal.
    1 day at a time. You can do it.

W/ the mountain climbers, I need to slow it down to concentrate on my form. At that point of the workout, I am panting (from the ?high knees or twist or something), so I just try to whip out the climbers. But next time, I need to focus on keeping my abs tight to help strengthen my back, etc.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the encouragement. This morning I made it to 9 each time so that is a considerable improvement over where I was this time last week. My arms and stomach are so weak but I know with time I will get stronger!