A random rant on paleness...

Options
124»

Replies

• jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya... even when I'm "tan" I'm paler than everyone else. I don't tan on purpose, but even 70+ sunscreen lets some rays through. I had an ex who had very similar skin tone and I always joked that if we'd had kids they would have see-through bellies, like tad poles. Seriously pale. Sigh... end rant too.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I understand. I've been admiring everyone's summer glow these last few weeks. Especially at the gym. They look healthier, happier, skinnier. Im just getting more freckles and sunburns. Oh well. I'll look young longer. That's a good trade off
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I have a skin disease - vitiligo - that means I have to avoid the sun. I also have to choose my clothing carefully to try and hide the numerous completely white patches on my body.
  • Vickylynn31
    Vickylynn31 Posts: 11
    Options
    Yeppp...I am in the pale group too. Those veins and imperfections seem to jump out of my legs...uggg. I dont ever wear shorts in public..and am so jealous of those who tan so easily. I have used some tan in a can things before for a quick fix.
  • kalyy
    kalyy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Im mexican haha not from mexico but yea sry I like to say that. as I BARELY can even speak spanish. but um my skin is a weird pale not white pale but like an olive off color pale. sometimes I look in the mirror and it looks like im siick but im not. its just my skin color. you cant really tell from pics but in person more...I HATE IT. but I wouldnt want to be darker either.. so im stuck

i'm mexican too though i guess the correct term for us would be mexican american and i too am a weird light tan. many think i'm light for a mexican hahahaha but definitely not white girl status. i'm okay with my color.

I'm Mexican and I have the same problem lol it's like I'm tan/pale at the same time, I also think I look sick. Pff I have bad skin allergies in the winter and it gets worse with sun exposure, I'm going to start using sun protector and tanning my legs a bit because those are super pale, like 3 tones lighter than the rest of my body D:
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    I think pale looks better most of the time. I can tell the difference when a girl's been to tanning beds, as opposed to just getting some sun here and there. Give me a pitchfork... I got an awesome farmer's tan! but I'm irish mainly, so I have 2 colors - red and white.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I am naturally very pale. I actually just got my first Mystic tan last week and I really liked the results. A bit spendy, especially compared to a normal tan, but it turned out really nice and no risk of skin cancer! I'm probably going to get another one before I go up to a cabin for a week next month.
  • Vgbarash
    Vgbarash Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of Caspers to be found in real life. If you consider yourself pale, you might be surprised when you find one someday!