Options

Replies

• BellydanceBliss
    Options
    BUMP
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    People need to think before they speak (or type). That person you called "gross" for being extremely overweight may have already lost 50 lbs and was feeling rather proud of herself until you came in with your ugliness. I'd like to think no one here is stupid enough to believe that telling someone they are gross, disgusting, etc is actually going to motivate them. But either there are people that stupid or there are just some truly mean people who may look good on the outside but are pretty gross and disgusting on the inside.

The same goes for those who are showing off their new bodies. Maybe you think a woman with muscles is gross. So what? What do you think will happen if you post to tell her that? Do you think she'll agree with you and start trying to lose that muscle? Do you think she'll be hurt by your comments? Do you feel better about yourself by trying to knock someone else down?

I am simply amazed the way the mods operate here. You can call someone gross, disgusting, practically deformed, etc and they say nothing. But dare correct their spelling or grammar and all hell rains down. How does that make any sense at all???
  • Back2Basic
    Back2Basic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This is the place to open ourselves up and be vulnerable. Definitely not the place for judgements :drinker: ps this is water... cuz I need to drink more of it!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    People need to think before they speak (or type). That person you called "gross" for being extremely overweight may have already lost 50 lbs and was feeling rather proud of herself until you came in with your ugliness. I'd like to think no one here is stupid enough to believe that telling someone they are gross, disgusting, etc is actually going to motivate them. But either there are people that stupid or there are just some truly mean people who may look good on the outside but are pretty gross and disgusting on the inside.

The same goes for those who are showing off their new bodies. Maybe you think a woman with muscles is gross. So what? What do you think will happen if you post to tell her that? Do you think she'll agree with you and start trying to lose that muscle? Do you think she'll be hurt by your comments? Do you feel better about yourself by trying to knock someone else down?

I am simply amazed the way the mods operate here. You can call someone gross, disgusting, practically deformed, etc and they say nothing. But dare correct their spelling or grammar and all hell rains down. How does that make any sense at all???

You said it better than I could. Totally agree. It's just completely unnecessary.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Anyhoo OP is a sexy curvy scoop of deliciousness.

*blush*
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ChrisRN75495
    Options
    Nobody needs to call names, here or anywhere. Kudos for this thread!
  • ChrisRN75495
    Options
    Totally agree, if you can't say something that will help.......LOG OFF!
    YES, YES, YES!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    The necessity of the word "gross" is grossly over-rated.

LOL Indeed.
  • mrsred79
    mrsred79 Posts: 79
    Options
    Totally agree, if you can't say something that will help.......LOG OFF!
    YES, YES, YES!!

WERD!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    bump.jpg
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Can I use it to describe myself? (Yes, I am a wiseass. :wink: )
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Can I use it to describe myself? (Yes, I am a wiseass. :wink: )

NOPE! :wink:
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    <
    NOT GROSS.

and you rock btw

:heart: Sass
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    <
    NOT GROSS.

and you rock btw

:heart: Sass

Definitely NOT gross. You are gorgeous.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    It is ok to say it about yourself though right ?

LIke I was a disgusting, slothful, gross, fat ugly pig. Now I am just ugly and less fat.

Nope. Not yourself either. Imagine someone looking at you after you lost 137lbs for motivation and hearing you say that about yourself.

Why are people automatically responsible for other people's motivation? If someone wants to be down on themselves, that is their business. If someone else finds this demotivating, I'm sure they can find someone who wants to be motivating/inspirational to follow instead.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    It is ok to say it about yourself though right ?

LIke I was a disgusting, slothful, gross, fat ugly pig. Now I am just ugly and less fat.

Nope. Not yourself either. Imagine someone looking at you after you lost 137lbs for motivation and hearing you say that about yourself.

Why are people automatically responsible for other people's motivation? If someone wants to be down on themselves, that is their business. If someone else finds this demotivating, I'm sure they can find someone who wants to be motivating/inspirational to follow instead.

You make a good point, but I really think the use of certain language needs to be curbed here when talking about body types. You're not just talking about yourself. You're doing it PUBLICLY. There's a difference between calling yourself gross and disgusting on your profile and putting pics up of yourself on here and calling yourself that. It's equivalently saying someone who looks like you is also gross and disgusting.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    :heart: Love this post! :heart:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    How about food? Cottage cheese IS gross.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    How about food? Cottage cheese IS gross.

LOL yes, food is fine. Just not people. :smile: