Calling all ripped in 30 people

Options

Replies

• saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! I decided to go back to Level 1 to finish out the week and start on Week 3 tomorrow. I was so over Week 2. I will say that I could go straight through level 1 a LOT easier. So I guess I was still getting stronger. I'm looking forward to level 3 tomorrow. I bought the Yoga Meltdown Plan and am doing it tonight too.

Week 1 was totally easy...it's like she wants you to think you can fly thru all 4 weeks!! I'll be curious to see how you like the Yoga Meltdown...I bought it when it first came out and gave it a whirl a few times as I'm a huge yoga nut and I just HATED every freaking second of it. I think it's because to me it's everything yoga should not be. LOL
  • roadchic18
    roadchic18 Posts: 128
    Options
    Hey kids! Am I too late to get in on the RI30 discussion? I'm on day 3 today, week 1, and I'm already very sore. I completed P90X a couple of years ago which gave me awesome results but spending 90 minutes a day working out just wasn't practical for me for the long term, so I love the fact that this DVD is only 23 minutes and the workout itself is kick a**! I love it! I will also be returning to running after a 6-week hiatus, hurt my knee training for my first marathon, hoping for 3 runs a week. I need to lose 10 to 12 pounds before my daughter's wedding July 29 and hoping to be able to wear a sleeveless dress without my arms flapping in the wind, LOL!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Hey kids! Am I too late to get in on the RI30 discussion? I'm on day 3 today, week 1, and I'm already very sore. I completed P90X a couple of years ago which gave me awesome results but spending 90 minutes a day working out just wasn't practical for me for the long term, so I love the fact that this DVD is only 23 minutes and the workout itself is kick a**! I love it! I will also be returning to running after a 6-week hiatus, hurt my knee training for my first marathon, hoping for 3 runs a week. I need to lose 10 to 12 pounds before my daughter's wedding July 29 and hoping to be able to wear a sleeveless dress without my arms flapping in the wind, LOL!

you're more than welcome to share your adventure's with JM ;)
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    One more day of level 3 and then I am down to the last level :)
  • Bxrlvr73
    Bxrlvr73 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Did day 1 of level 1 last night!! Made it through the whole thing and sweated buckets! I enjoyed it so much more that the 30DS! Of course I haven't looked at the other levels yet though...lol
  • amccall69
    amccall69 Posts: 19
    Options
    Wow...these results have been awesome! I just started back a couple days ago walking with running bursts for about a 1.5 miles. I really need to do more...

Since my endurance is pretty much on the sucky side right now, should I start with the 30 Day Shred instead of Ripped in 30?

You guys are amazing motivation!
  • lizzyb0601
    Options
    Wow...these results have been awesome! I just started back a couple days ago walking with running bursts for about a 1.5 miles. I really need to do more...

Since my endurance is pretty much on the sucky side right now, should I start with the 30 Day Shred instead of Ripped in 30?

• lizzyb0601
    Options

I would start with the 30day shred, the moves are hard but simpler.
  • amccall69
    amccall69 Posts: 19
    Options
    BouGut it today and starting it Monday! Thanks for the motivation!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 week 1 of ripped in 30....and though a little sore....i love it!!!!! it helped me lose a pound lol even though it is tougher then 30ds, i actually like it better :)
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day #17 of Ripped In 30 (far right). I did 30 Day Shred a couple months ago, too (middle pic). I'll probably do another Jillian DVD next!

Ripped-In-30-Day17-results-01.gif
  • lizzyb0601
    Options
    Great job Kevin!
    Who's done level 4? What can I expect?
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Just started Level 4! I still think Level 3 is harder, though. On Levels 3 & 4 you don't "come out" of the squat position or plank for some moves....making them especially difficult.

For example, for the 2 minutes of cardio you may be in plank the whole time! So not only is your heart rate soaring but your abs are working, too.
  • saverys_gal
    Options
    I gotta agree with Kevin-week 3 is a beast!!!! I just finished it up yesterday and I still struggled with some of the moves! I'm moving on to week 4 tomorrow so I can't wait to see what's in store for me!!
  • lizzyb0601
    Options
    Please tell me its not as much plank work as level 2. That nearly killed me.
  • amanday88
    amanday88 Posts: 68
    Options
    I am on level 4 now, and you are drenched in sweat afterward. Beast work out!
  • saverys_gal
    Options
    I just started week 4 today...WOW. Definitely could not keep up! Wish I had watched the moves before trying to do the workout!

lizzy-yes, JM adds on more plank work every week. It totally sucks but it's more than effective so I just take it and cuss her out when I can't do anymore. :laugh:
  • godiva99
    godiva99 Posts: 78
    Options
    I started level 3 today...it's killing my knees! But thsi workout went faster for me today than the others did. I am a bit dissapointed however that I don't see a significant difference in my body after 2 wks of workout. I typically to the advanced moves and for some I do modified and I make sure to tighten and squeeze in the right spots...so I don't know what's going on.

Either way I figure I AM getting stronger and fit, so I'll take it.

Now....I burp like crazy during the workouts. Is this normal??? LOL
  • lizzyb0601
    Options
    Cindy... where are you?? How are you coming along?
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I did it 5 days a week, lost only 2 lbs, but the change in my body composition is evident! :)
    beforenafter30dayshred.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!