Belly Button Rings--Trashy or Cute?

Options

Replies

• lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I don't really like them in all honesty.
  • ishax24
    ishax24 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think they are cute.. I got mine about 3months before I went on a beach holiday.. wasn't completely healed when I left but was fine when I got back 8 weeks later!! Just make sure you clean it everyday
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I got mine done on my 18th birthday, but took it out when I got pregnant. I think once I get to my goal weight/size, I might get it re-done. I'm just worried about it hurting like a *kitten* since I've got scar tissue there now, and I'm kinda worried about people thinking "ok girl, you've got stretch marks and a 5 year old, time to give up the dream" but whatever :) I think if you've got a cute tummy, why not put some jewelry on it!

The scar tissue shouldn't make it hurt. My only concern is will it still hold perfectly in place do to the tissue. I've been wanting to get mine redone but that all depends on how fast I can tone my stomach and if I think I can handle it again. Maybe I just need to get it pierced at a different place. I really do miss my ring.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Cute if you have a flat tummy.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    had one n had to take it out caus i was preggo
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I think they are cute but the dangly ones freak me out. All I can think about is them getting caught in someone's shirt or pants and ripped out. Ouch!
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I like them myself ;)
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I think that they are cute. I had mine done not once but twice lol before getting pregnant with my first then again after having her...mainly to cover up the mark that was left from the piercing. My body didn't quite bounce back after having my second so I never had it done again.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    On the right stomach they look ok.
    On a "more to love" stomach it looks like the place where you would put the air hose to fill up a tire.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    No way you should be going into the ocean with a fresh piercing! Just because the ocean is made of salt water doesn't mean it's even close to clean. You need sterile saline.
  • ajohn252
    ajohn252 Posts: 158
    Options
    Had a bit of a tough time with mine when I had it done and ended up
    with quite a scar after I had to take it out but if you take piercings well
    I'd say go for it!
  • Mandy_Pandy
    Mandy_Pandy Posts: 41
    Options
    I've had mine done and really liked it but I've since removed it since it's really no longer age-appropriate. LOL While salt water might help it heal, I don't know that the ocean is the best type of salt water. There's more in there than just salt and you might be risking an infection going in with an unhealed wound of any kind.

^^^^ What she said.
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I wanna get one when I reach my GW, even if it takes another 10 years and I am 40. LOL
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I like mine. I've had it since I was 16, gonna be 23 in june.
    I'm chubby, but it still looks cute. I don't really care what others have to say about it...it's MY body. Think I'm trashy if you would like, but it's what's on the inside that makes you who you are. period.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't hurt any worse than it did the first time, even with the scar tissue. The skin there isn't that thick. You should be fine.
  • Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    Options
    On the right stomach they look ok.
    On a "more to love" stomach it looks like the place where you would put the air hose to fill up a tire.

lol too funny
  • Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I think they're cute.
    It depends on how you work the rest of your body and the outfit you're wearing that makes them trashy :p

Precisely. I have mine done, but I don't walk lookin' like a tramp. :laugh: Not that there's anything wrong with that. :wink: I do get to show it off in my dance costumes, so that's good enough for me.
  • SithZombie
    SithZombie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Does the opinion of others matter that much =) If you like it, get it done and to hell with the haters! Mind you, you're braver than me; I'd rather just get more tattoos than dabble in the world of piercings.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    they're cute!

but warning: they aren't the easiest piercing to care for :frown:

This is so true. I had a lot of problems with mine when I first got it. I cleaned it every day and still it was a major problem.

VERY true. I definitely had to be super careful when I got mine. Got it done in the winter though, so it had plenty of healing time before I hit the pool/beach. And I could only wear surgical steel belly rings with no dangly decorations (the decorations are always made of a cheaper metal that irritated my skin). I don't know that I'd get it done right at the beginning of summer, I'd probably wait until you've got a few months for it to heal completely before it's time to be in the ocean/pool.

i heal piercings LIKE A BOSS, but it took three tries for me to keep a navel piercing

1st rejected within weeks

2nd half rejected, turned sideways, got infected, and then got RIPPED THE F^CK OUT. navel piercings get caught on everything, and yeah, are not great for active lifestyles or sports.

3rd i knew what i was getting into, wore only pajama pants and loose t-shirts or belly shirts for a whole summer. but it's worth it. two kids later and it's still a nice piercing. kudos to my piercer.

i still have a nasty little scar from the first two attempts, though. wanna see? i bet i could snap a picture of this trainwreck....
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I like mine - they do take forever to heal though. I'd be leery of going into the ocean too soon after getting it done.