Cardio vs. Strength training results (pic)

Options

Replies

• Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I needed this message so badly right now! Perfect timing! I've been considering lifting AND ditching my scale.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    you look awesome! thank you for sharing
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! I've been recently thinking of incorporating lifting heavy weights into my work out regimen. I currently strength train with light weights and feel I may to up it some. Thanks for the motivation!
  • pandasmama3
    pandasmama3 Posts: 120
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • Tennybird
    Tennybird Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I really needed to see this today. I also recently cut back on cardio to try heavy lifting. Since I started I have only seen the scale go down 1/2 pound. Can I ask how you are eating? Did you keep you calories the same as when you were doing mostly cardio or did you up your calories? I'm so confused about how much I should eat.

Thank you! Cardio helps you lose faster, but strength training ensures that what you lose is fat. It's slower, but so worth it. I took a pic every Saturday and even when my weight loss slowed, the pics show me I'm still making progress. Measurements do that too and give you the decrease in numbers that you want to see.

My first month I was netting around 1200. Once I started lifting I upped it to 1400 and recently to 1600. Depending on the workout i do, I net anywhere between 1500-2200 and I try to hit my macros of 30protein/25fat/45carbs. I've stayed at 158 for the last two weeks, since upping my cals, but I should go back down once my body adjusts.

If you're hungry on days you work out, even if you're netting your goal, maybe try upping your cals. You might stay at the same weight, but the loss should continue once your body adjusts. My maintenance number is around 2200 cals, so anything below that is a deficit that should lead to weight loss. I try not to net below 1500 or else I usually get grumpy, hungry, and sleepy. Lol, I could give SnowWhite's dwarves a run for their money.

Thank you so much for answering mine and other's questions, that is so sweet of you!!
  • Arunakae
    Arunakae Posts: 83
    Options
    Wow! Your results are inspirational!
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • Snapplejac
    Snapplejac Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congrats - you look amazing. I've just started NROL4W so this is great to see :)
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Looking hot :) You're about the same weight/shape I am so I think I'm going to have to go research this 5x5 stronglift thing!!

Thank you!
    I'm one of those top heavy, apple-ish shaped girls, so I wanted women to see that there is still hope for us! Heavy lifting is the one thing that is finally helping me tighten everything up. =]
  • Cmonnowguys
    Options
    WOW!!!!! GREAT JOB!

Its amazing to see your results from end of March to May 5...

If I were to take a guess just looking at the pics, I would have said you lost at least another 5-7 lbs... but for it to only be 3 that just shows that the number on the scale means NOTHING and toning and inches are everything! :)

Thanks so much! Yea, it's a good thing I took a pic every Saturday, because I would have been a little disheartened if I had gone by the scale alone. Plus, I don't know if it's just me, but I can't distinguish changes on my body when I look in the mirror every day. Something about pictures makes it concrete though!
  • Cmonnowguys
    Options
    Wow...great results! Your benhind & girls got a natural lift, not to mention the free tummy tuck too :) Thanks for posting & keep it up!

Thank you! People here are so motivating and I would have never thought to start if I hadn't seen the surgery-free results of other women on here.
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options
    You have a gorgeous figure! Fabulous work. :)
  • Cmonnowguys
    Options
    Awesome results! I've been recently thinking of incorporating lifting heavy weights into my work out regimen. I currently strength train with light weights and feel I may to up it some. Thanks for the motivation!

You'll enjoy it! It's hard, but you'll start noticing those little changes soon. I actually have decent tricep muscles now! Weights are intimidating at first, but so rewarding. Good luck!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! You just prove what I mean when I say that a heavy lifting women is a thing of beauty!! Congrats and keep it up!!
  • mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Awesome u look great!
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    DestroyTheOpposition Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Looking great!
  • Aprill42
    Aprill42 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Is 5X5 some sort of weight lifting program?
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fantastic,,

I'm on Stage 1 of New rules of lifting for women now..

Hope to get lean like you.,
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    WOW - thanks for sharing. I am starting to lift as well, and this was just the encouragement I needed. Thanks for sharing - those pictures mean alot to me (and probably alot of others as well). Also, congrats - you look amazing :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!