Am I Too Fat to Be Here?

Options

Replies

• gromithere
    gromithere Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as "too fat to be here." I am certain that you'll find this to be a welcoming and supportive place. :-)

You're definitely off to a great start by signing up here in the first place.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You are most definitely in the right place!!!!
    Big hugs, welcome , I hope you will find MFP helps you achieve your goals.

Have a search for success stories on here, and see how other peoplel your size have managed to achieve amazing results x
  • shilohae
    shilohae Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi! I am a stay at home mom too of 3! They are 15, 10, and 21mts...and I went to College in MO. So I guess with wanting to lose weight we have 3 things in common. Feel free to Add me :smile: BTW no one on here is "too fat" to be on here. We are all here seeking support on our journey! You can do this :flowerforyou:
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options
    HELL NO!!!! Because if you stick with it you will be the inspiration to others asking the same question that you just asked.
    Glad you are here, hope you do really well!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You have definitely come to the right place. You will find just what you need in the way of supportive and motivational friends here. That will help you so much to succeed! Please feel free to add me. Good luck on your journey. If you want it, you can make it happen!
  • SoySalva
    SoySalva Posts: 138
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I am glad you have decided to join us:flowerforyou: You will find lots of support here and yes the occasional pain in the butt lol but mostly wonderful people who will support you and give you excellent advice!

If you follow the plan I promise you will lose weight. As you go along you will learn what works for you and what doesn't, just keep in mind you have to be patient and consistent.

Feel free to add me for motivation and support!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Don't be silly Maria... no one who truly understands would ever snicker...adn those that would...well, frankly you don't need in your life! AT one point I let my weight creep upwars of 300 pounds... I remember one day, reading on an exercise step up... that the weight limit was 300#s... I cried and cried and cried... thinking that I was somehow secretly trying to get over that amount.... so I would have an excuse not to exercise.... I just didn't think I deserved to be happy and healthy for some reason????? I have started my journey..many times, but serious again in 2009. I have lost and kept off over 50#s... but I still have about that much to loose... peri-menapause and hormones.. have had me at a standstill for over a year now.... but if there was one thing I learned was/is that I am important enough to keep trying!!!
    Please know that you are inportant enough t keep trying.... walk in place to start. do gentle stretches to get your body used to moving. walk up and down some stairs... and add more time or reps each day. I bet you will surprise yourself at how strong you really are..... baby your shoulder, but do try to strengthen it too.....
    Know that you are important and so something for just 10 minutes for yourself today!!! Keep adding time... You can do this!!!!
    I offer friendship and support!!!
  • jaimielee317
    Options
    U are definatly in the right place. I need to loose over a hundred lbs, but am just working on loosing 30 right now.. u can do this!
  • SashaJaneJ
    SashaJaneJ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You are in the right place. I will send you a friend request.
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    We are all here for the same reason... we need to make a lifestyle change to something that is sustainable and healthy....

If you want to try to change and if you need people to keep you on track, then you are at the right place....

just do it!!!!
    One step at a time-- we didn't gain it overnight and it won't fall off that way!!!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    you are definitely in the right place!! Welcome!!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    You're never too big to start trying! Just be proactive. Log in EVERYDAY and stay on top of it.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Noooo! Good for you for taking steps to get your health back on track. I'm a mom, too-- they need us to be around.

You'll see all "types" on here-- hardbodied totally-in-shape people, as well as people who have a long way to go. But look around on here a bit-- I'm so inspired when I see people who have "181 lbs lost!" "202 lbs lost!" on their tickers. If you want it badly enough, and are willing to put in the hard work, you can get there.

Best of luck to you! Feel free to add me as a friend, if you'd like! It's easier with support. :flowerforyou:

Susan
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    Oh and here is some inspiration to start you out, I got the link from a recent post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qX9FSZJu448#!

I've watched it 3 times already!
  • 6566tess
    6566tess Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    you can add me as a friend. There are lots of success stories here and your friends on MFP will help hold you accountable. If you skip logging in for a few days we gently remind you to come back and log your food and exercise. You made the first step so congrats for that!

Sending a big hug your way :)
  • robynatk
    robynatk Posts: 38
    Options
    Welcome to MFP....you are definetly in the right place. People here are wonderful and encouraging. If I am having a bad day, my lfriends on here are a Godsend. Sending you a request...I am over 300lbs...and looking to lose 120+ lbs.
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    No Way!

You are doing SO awesome right now just being on here. This is the step in the right direction. Well done. We're all here to help you with your questions and cheer you on.

Welcome and congratulations on starting your weight loss journey.

*Starting is the most important part as you've made the decision to make a change in your life!*

:flowerforyou:
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Congratulations on taking the first step to a newer, healthier you.

Very few people here will judge you for what you weight now, only for what you want to do about it. Doing something = you're in good company here and you'll find great support.

You are welcome to start a ticker and announce to the world what your goals are, or you can skip the ticker and just ask for advice as needed.

But, as they say, the longest journey starts with a single step. Start logging your food, get a handle on your calorie intake, then you can work on ways to "burn and earn" (earn some delicious exercise calories by exercising). You'll be a healthier "you" in less time than you think, and on your way to sustainable weight loss.
  • armoredcore
    armoredcore Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome , you have just taken the first step. MFP peeps are the best around. You are doing the right thing, if you have questions ask away, people here are helpful and friendly. Good Luck and you can add me if you like.
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Maria,
    When I started, I was 328lbs.
    Change starts now.

There are plenty of exercises that will take it easy on your shoulder and on your body.

Water aerobics will do wonderful things! I lost 15lbs just starting out with that because I was reconditioning an injury to my ankle after being in a cast for two months. It is low impact, but manages to help you flow better and be comfortable.

You have my support!

Lacey

It also helps you build your core which in turn helps balance :)

I love aquafit and everyone just goes at their own pace :)