Am I Too Fat to Be Here?

Options

Replies

• beachlover718
    Options
    agree with BetterMike- that video is SO inspirational! You have to start somewhere. Be proud of yourself for taking the 1st step!
  • hmgarcia83
    hmgarcia83 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    keeping track of what you eat is a big start food is the start the work out can come later just go at you passe and don't over do it and get hurt
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    id say you were in exactly the right place!

welcome!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    most people in these forums are great and supportive, others are jerks but we don't care about them.
    you are not too fat to be here, and i hope you find what you are looking for at this website.
    i am going to add you, i love having new friends on my list and i wish the best to you! :happy:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Definitely not to big to be here. You won't be judged. I started at 301. As long as your determined and log everything you'll get there. Support here is amazing, so much so I've popped in everyday for the last 280+ days. Its a wonderful free environment! X
  • iremmy
    iremmy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You found the right place! Its never too late to start! WELCOME. :)
  • Circle12
    Circle12 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi !!! This group is amazing and you are NOT in the wrong place. You can do this !! Add me as a friend if you fancy.

Kaleen
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, as I also live in Missouri! This site really does work, you just need to be honest and keep up! Start small...maybe you are not ready for exercise yet, but cutting calories and making good food choices are a good place to start! Also, fill out your profile so people can get to know you better...it helps in finding supportive friends!
  • maryb2374
    maryb2374 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi Maria! I am a SAHM to 4 and I also live in Missouri (near St. Louis). This is a great place to be! :smile:

eta: I meant MFP is a great place to be but I guess Missouri isn't too bad, either. :wink:
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    We are so glad you joined -- we could use more friends on our journey.

Lucky for you, there are all sorts of experts and people who've learned by doing on this site -- so please ask questions!

And lucky for us that we've got another member who wants to make positive changes -- thank you!
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    You are not too fat to be on here. You have found a great place, with a lot of people who want you to succeed almost as much as you want to. Just think, you are one day closer to yourgoal, whatever that ends up being.
    We are all on the same journey, just at different places on it. Everyones journey is different but we are all trying to achieve the same thing.
    To be healthy and enjoy the bodies that the Gods gave us.

I wish you all the best in your weight loss and feel free to add me.
    Have a great day!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Chelle_Davis
    Chelle_Davis Posts: 241
    Options
    You're not too big to be here, darling. My starting weight was just 9 lbs shy of 400, and I've felt nothing but supported and encouraged here. Surround yourself with positive people and you can't go wrong!!! Feel free to add me if you like, and congratulations on choosing you!!! :D
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options
    No starting weight is too much to use MFP! The fact alone you want to change is the first step, now it's just incorporating the effort that comes with it. You'll find loads of supportive people on here, all who want to help you make the change, the same as they want to for themselves. Everyone's here for similar reasons. Good luck with your journey!

:flowerforyou:
  • aztec1966
    aztec1966 Posts: 12
    Options
    That you posted all this information about yourself shows you have what it takes to start this program. I have been tracking my calories and my physical activity for about 3 weeks and have lost 3 pounds. Stay w/ it and it will work for you!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    STICK with it and let others inspire you to do better for YOURSELF and for your family! Then be your own inspiration! WELCOME TO MFP!

(feel free to add me.)
  • ataylo30
    ataylo30 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of people on here who weigh or have weighed that much! You have come to the right place and we cant WAIT to see your progress pics to be proud of you. Please take some now, even though you may not want to. We LOVE seeing big successes! It drives us all to be better and stronger.

At 400 pounds you have the opportunity to become a mentor for us all. From hurting your arms to type some paragraphs to running marathons and spotting your lifting partner at the gym.

Best of luck to you, we will all be here supporting you each step of the way.

Congratulations on starting the first day of the rest of your life :)
  • LaceyVskmp1980
    LaceyVskmp1980 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome fellow Missourian...you are in the right place. MFP is for support for ANYONE who wants to get fit. We all have that in common, no matter what our situation/weight is.

I agree with SoySalva..."follow the plan and you will lose weight." I didn't think I could do this when I joined, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

Feel free to add me and I will be glad to cheer you on :smile:
  • kryscallarman
    kryscallarman Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You're in a great place! Welcome to MFP!
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    YOURE IN THE PERFECT PLACE
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi Maria, welcome to mfp! There's no such thing as too fat to be here! We're all here with the goal of getting healthy. Whatever you're starting point is, it can be done! Check out this guy, he lost over 300 lbs:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/546883-update-with-comparison-pics-304-lbs-lost