Ladies why must you wear stinky perfume to the gym?

mwcraig34
mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
I understand that no one wants to smell bad, I get that. So put on some Secret or Axe and work out!

Today I'm on the elliptical trying to run and not fall off huffing and puffing like I do.... and a lady comes over and starts running on the treadmill next to me. Her perfume is so strong and so stinky that I have to pull my shirt up over my nose just to breath! Once I do this I notice that stinky lady is looking at me funny and I want to say, " What are you looking at stinky? I have to do this because of you" at this point I'm almost choking because the smell is so strong! I had to stop my work out because of her! Ladies please save the perfume for date nights or the club, but not for the gym! :happy:

Replies

• ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    When they sweat, it makes it 10 times worse....
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 434 Member
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mwcraig34
    Yep^^^^
  • mwcraig34
    bump
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    when i smell a woman with such a strong scent applied, i always assume its to cover a strong scent she rather not advertise..........
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    FWIW, I feel the same sentiment about Axe.
  • mwcraig34
    It was choking me out!!! So you can only imagine what she is trying to cover up!!!!!
  • mwcraig34

Which kind there are like 20 of them! I'm just taking about the deodorant in general, put some on and that should cover it!
  • mwcraig34
    :bigsmile:
  • MoreBean13

Which kind there are like 20 of them! I'm just taking about the deodorant in general, put some on and that should cover it!

I didn't realize they made deodorant. I am referring to the body spray, which also doubles as a chemical weapon. It's like standing outside a gas chamber near the mens locker room at the gym!
  • mwcraig34

I didn't realize they made deodorant. I am referring to the body spray, which also doubles as a chemical weapon. It's like standing outside a gas chamber near the mens locker room at the gym!

I hear you! The spray is pretty toxic! I have to say its hard enough for me to try and do my cardio with out the cloud of perfume!
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Axe for men... eww... hate that crap. Guys PLEASE stop buying their product. I feel like throwing up just thinking of it.
  • MoreBean13
    Axe for men... eww... hate that crap. Guys PLEASE stop buying their product. I feel like throwing up just thinking of it.

AMEN
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    at my old gym there was an old lady who wore tiny shorts, horrible perfume, and gloves because she didnt want to touch the equipment. it was sooooo anoying to work out anywear near her. *swish swish swish*
  • mwcraig34

AMEN

Hey wait a minute this is about the women not men! And Go!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    This is literally the first thing I thought of when I read that. Axe smells terrible. If you think it smells good, maybe you just don't know what actually smells pleasant and what doesn't.

Though I agree, I wouldn't wear perfume to the gym. Body spray is fine because it's lighter but perfume is too heavy imo.
    Axe is always a no!
  • plisha729
    plisha729 Posts: 50 Member
    OOMMMGGG! ROTFLMAO! That is super hilarious... totally brought tears to my eyes!
  • Vi0l33t
    Vi0l33t Posts: 117 Member

it's the first few scents they made that are the worst. the newer ones aren't so bad.

But I totally get what this guy is saying. women do weird things, just accept it and the next time you encounter someone who reeks of scent, politely ask them to wash it off. if she refuses report her to your gym. I imgaine they must have some policy about offensive and strong odors.
  • when i smell a woman with such a strong scent applied, i always assume its to cover a strong scent she rather not advertise..........

LOL - I don't use perfume, maybe I should!!! hehe
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    no make up or perfume here.
    I can't stand the women that come in with a full face of make up and perfume. Are you sure you are here to work out or to get fcked?
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    I don't use perfume at all, let alone for working out. Just me and my sweat. Sweat is my perfume. :wink: :tongue:
  • honeysprinkles
    I can't stand the women that come in with a full face of make up and perfume. Are you sure you are here to work out or to get fcked?
    what another woman puts on her face really shouldn't bother you...at all. I get that perfume is annoying because you have to smell it, but make up shouldn't bother anyone. That's dumb.
  • nas24
    All of the scents are gross, and yes i can tell when your wearing them. Ugh! Also, i was dying laughing when i read the original post. LOL, just the thought of a guy running with his shirt around his mouth and nose...lol. I think i would get the point. Maybe guys should start telling girls whats up.
  • MoreBean13

But people come from other places! I have makeup on when I start my workout, and a flesh colored towel when I'm finished. It's pretty nasty, but it really shouldn't offend others...
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    what another woman puts on her face really shouldn't bother you...at all. I get that perfume is annoying because you have to smell it, but make up shouldn't bother anyone. That's dumb.
    well i guess MY opinion is dumb then, but I sweat my *kitten* off in the gym and think it is silly for women to wear it when they are at a gym to WORKOUT and sweat. (:
  • mwcraig34
    Ok I dont even own any axe spray! I agree it smells bad but, deodorant work very well! But its not about that its perfume!!!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    At my gym there is a big sign at the front desk, that says "breathing zone, no perfumes allowed at the gym." So far it is working well.

Sorry OP, I know what you are talking about because I had similar experience in the past, and I am a woman. I did tell the lady that her perfume was very nice, but too strong for the gym. Se got the message:bigsmile:
  • nas24

not dumb, its a fact. I just read in a fitness mag that the things that guys find most attractive on women at the gym is little make up and when they do cardio (there was other things, i cant remember at the moment). If your wearing make up while you workout, it will just increase acne, and that doesnt look good on anyone
  • mwcraig34
    At my gym there is a big sign at the front desk, that says "breathing zone, no perfumes allowed at the gym." So far it is working well.

Sorry OP, I know what you are talking about because I had similar experience in the past, and I am a woman. I did tell the lady that her perfume was very nice, but too strong for the gym. Se got the message:bigsmile:

I'm at LA fitness and haven't seen any kind of sign! I will have to bring it up to the management!
  • honeysprinkles

not dumb, its a fact. I just read in a fitness mag that the things that guys find most attractive on women at the gym is little make up and when they do cardio (there was other things, i cant remember at the moment). If your wearing make up while you workout, it will just increase acne, and that doesnt look good on anyone
    I think it's dumb that it bothers you... Obviously putting on make up to wear to the gym isn't great for your skin. You assume a person would only wear it to find a date, but it could be worn for other reasons (like bad acne, insecurity, etc.) So who cares if guys don't prefer make up at the gym? They don't have to wear it if they don't like it and neither do you!

I don't wear make up to the gym (I mostly work out at home anyways) but it doesn't bother me that someone else might because it doesn't effect me at all.