• sjebert
    sjebert Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • minussam
    minussam Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Some of the recipes look sooo yummy!
    I use recipes from the sneakychef for my son. She sneaks veggies into other foods and some of them are quite tasty. She's got a lot of the typical kid-food that I get quickly tired off. however, she has also written a book specifically to sneak veggies into your husbands diet but I haven't read it yet.
  • crodrigu73
    crodrigu73 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Bump! This is so my hubby.
  • angrydolly
    angrydolly Posts: 22
    Options
    I made this for dinner last night, The first time my ex hubs and I tried it, we were skeptical, but its amazing and he loved it.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/black-thai-pork/detail.aspx

I also used to do a Pesto-turkey burger and baked bean night.

I'd make a fresh basil pesto, mix it into the turkey burger, and cook em up. He was skeptical, but again he liked it. They were like, tasty herb burgers.

I also loved this, he loved it, everyone I now live with loved it

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/venison-tequila-chili/detail.aspx

I also found sparkrecipes.com, really useful in finding new healthier things to cook, that would pass the man inspection
  • emilywagers13
    Options
    bump
  • weldinchic
    weldinchic Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shelmac
    shelmac Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lesanncan
    lesanncan Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    my friends like my homemade turkey burgers. very easy to make

1 lb ground turkey
    1/3 C black bean and corn salsa
    1 egg
    salt and pepper to taste i also use garlic and onion powder

im not sure of the calories and such but he loves them with turkey bacon and fat free cheese!

best part is im 22 we have friends over alot and none of them has complained about the burgers! some of them dont even realize its turkey!
  • aklitten
    aklitten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • onleethestrong
    onleethestrong Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Some of the recipes everyone has posted sound great and yummy. However, I have to add a comment about the ground turkey. I saw something or read it somewhere, I can't remember, that if you use the extra lean ground beef with 7% fat or lower, it is actually leaner than the ground turkey. The statement that was made was they have to add fat to the turkey and it often ends up higher in fat than the ground beef. When I cook my beef, I always rinse it off with hot tap water to help drain all the extra fat.

I buy the Extra Lean Ground Turkey. The problem is it's much drier and much more expensive. Although, beef is higher in saturated fat than turkey. The protein and iron levels in both are nearly identical though. There are positives and negatives to both.

A friend of mine recently taught me that if you chop mushrooms really fine and add them to the ground turkey when making turkey burgers they stay nice and moist, no one can tell the difference, and you're sneaking some extra veggies in! My kiddo HATES cooked mushrooms, but eats these without any complaint at all!
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CapsFan17
    CapsFan17 Posts: 198
    Options
    Bump for ideas!
  • kuregisto
    kuregisto Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    bump for dinner
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    bump for recipes
  • jsaunde77
    jsaunde77 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Steak is always good ;)

This x1000... I just realized steak was still safe. so happy!
  • leslieanne1010
    leslieanne1010 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    I used to puree veggies and put the puree in things like stew, bolognaise sauce etc. He couldn't see it, so he didn't whinge! Then slowly started dicing instead of pulverising, then chopping instead of dicing, then having some out of the sauce with salt and pepper only...eventually he just started eating his viggies lol!

There are still some veggies that he just will not eat - mushrooms, beans and anything leafy. And he won't eat a salad, but will have grated raw carrot and cucumber and tomato if I make home-made burgers.

I blame his father - he is 70 and still won't eat anything that looks like a vegetable - he thinks it's 'woman' food. *sigh*
  • spudlovie
    spudlovie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm I made enchilada soup the other night. You could hide veggies in it sooo easily. Just cut them up real small..

2 chicken breast
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1 can red enchilada sauce
    1 can black beans
    1 bag frozen corn
    1 onion chopped
    1 green pepper chopped.
    1 cup skim milk.

Put it all in a crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours :)
  • spudlovie
    spudlovie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Turkey burgers

1 lb ground turkey
    1 cup pace salsa
    1 egg or 1/4 cup egg whites
    Chopped veggies ( anything you can chop up real small or grate
    Some garlic and onion powder. I'm not us how much I use, I never measure

Mix all ingredients form into patties ( these are very moist) you need to form into patty and immediately place in a hot pan or grill and don't touch for like 4 minutes. The one side needs to fully cook before you try to flip it.
  • Arester
    Arester Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bump for my picky husband!