RUNNERS!!! What percentage of the time does...

Options
Trail_Addict
Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
(Triathletes too)

What percentage of the time does your spouse/ gf/ bf go to races with you when YOU are the one competing?

Replies

• wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    i put it in excel and it said it could no divide by zero.

how about you?
  • GreenTeaForDays
    GreenTeaForDays Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Go to races? You mean as a spectaotor or runner?
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    .06%... I'm usually running alone or with friends.
  • Trail_Addict
    Options
    i put it in excel and it said it could no divide by zero.

how about you?

When I WAS married, I'd say about 33% of the time. It was usually because we both couldn't be gone at the same time on the weekend mornings. Sucks going alone.
  • Trail_Addict
    Options

as a spectator
  • kuregisto
    kuregisto Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    As a spectator, my ex-wife would go to every race that she could, with the exception of work days. She had a job that often had her working Saturdays, so there were many overlaps.

That said, I'm convinced that some of my PRs were reached because I knew that she was waiting for me at the finish line.
  • kuregisto
    kuregisto Posts: 124 Member
    Options

as a competitor
    Ah. 0% then, in my case. All of her exercise was via roller derby.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options

as a competitor
    OH!

then, i did 2 races with my ex gf. but that was less than 10% of the races i had done at that point.
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I am the spouse who used to go to watch then said stuff it and now I enter too! We don't run together (I describe it as like running with a dog off the leach, he comes back to check in occasionally then zooms off again) but run in the same race at the same time!
  • Trail_Addict
    Options

as a competitor
    OH!

then, i did 2 races with my ex gf. but that was less than 10% of the races i had done at that point.

You had it right the first time. Spouse supporting YOU.
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    As a competitor ONE race out of all of them. He is a cycler/strength training guy...hates running. I try...no success! But...he has only missed two of my races ever and only because he couldn't switch work shifts. So...running together won't happen but the support aspect is there in full swing!
  • jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm single but I would go to them all. Maybe even try to run a few with him. I think it would be awesome to be waiting at the finish line cheering him on!
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    As a spectator, my ex-wife would go to every race that she could, with the exception of work days. She had a job that often had her working Saturdays, so there were many overlaps.

That said, I'm convinced that some of my PRs were reached because I knew that she was waiting for me at the finish line.

THIS! And my mom as well. Having that support is definitely motivating.
  • mommy4joey
    mommy4joey Posts: 21
    Options
    I just started seeing aguy a couple weeks ago and we have competed in two races together and have another one on saturday. So far as i can see, we will be running together as long as our jobs allow. Its pretty awesome, except I know on street races, he may not run as fast to stay with me!
  • trail_rnr
    trail_rnr Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    90%. I have an awesome spouse. And this year he's making noise about pacing me on my 50m next month!

I always used to say he was _almost_ perfect except that he didn't XC ski or run. Then he started to do both; his idea, not mine. So now I have nothing to complain about! :love: (except we spend a lot more $ at the LRS now!)
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't done a race yet. My first is in two weeks. My second is in July. And they damn well better be at both...even the kids LOL! The first one is for Girls on the Run and I haven't decided yet if the kids will run with me or not (well, the older two). The second one is the Color Run so I think they'll have a blast at that one too.

After my first two, if I do more LOL, they can stay home if they want to.
  • HJCsDaddy
    HJCsDaddy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    99%, it's very rare that she doesn't go to them. Once in a blue moon she'll race too but doesn't have the same love of running I do.
  • GreenTeaForDays
    GreenTeaForDays Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm in a long distance relationship (GA -> CA). We "train" together in runkeeper and have talked about doing a race together during one of our visits. I think it would be great. :)
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    My wife used to be supportive of my running at first, now she's pretty much over it. Sometimes they travel out of town with me for marathons, but they usually don't bother coming out too see me run anymore.

Luckily my kids now come out and run 5Ks, so that helps the cause.
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I've only done 2 races so far (so do i count as a runner?) and he has been to both. the first one he ran in and the 2nd one he came to cheer me on at the start and finish. =)