What to do with a bag of Broccoli Slaw?

Options

Replies

• PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    oh... I LOVE THAT STUFF. My favorite dressing is the kale and spinach yogurt dip from Trader Joes...

I certainly eat way to much of it :)
  • justkai
    justkai Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl Shrimpilicious Egg Rolls! I just used the Broccoli Slaw and Vidalia onions and Shrimp. not all the ingredients she specified and it still came out delicious! Love Hungry Girl

http://www.hungry-girl.com/show/chinese-food-shrimpylicious-egg-rolls-recipe
  • Sandbug
    Sandbug Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I just make a simple German-style vinaigrette (like goes on cucumber salads). My standard (lower fat and sugar than the original) recipe is:

1 Tbsp. oil
    2 Tbsp. sugar
    3 Tbsp. vinegar

To vary the flavor I sometimes change what oil or vinegar I'm using. I once did an Asian variation with rice vinegar, peanut oil, brown sugar, and added some soy sauce and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Help. I have a bag sitting around in my fridge!

I love this stuff! Bought it for the first time last week. I cooked some boneless chicken in a little olive oil & cilantro then added the broccoli slaw & sauteed. It was very good!
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I too LOVE this stuff. I've eaten several different ways. I've used it in stir fry, I've put it in my lettuce salads for a little more of a filler.
    I've eaten it just as a salad with some grilled chicken tenders.

Marinade some chicken tenders..I've used garlic and herb and also teriyaki marinade. Grill add to salad and add a vinaigrette.
    I've also put in rotisserie chicken and chopped up half or 1/4 granny smith apple..also added silvered almonds and dried cranberries.

Basic vinaigrette dressing
    1 tbsp vinegar of choice( I've used....red wine, apple cider, white wine)
    2 tbsp olive oil
    1tsp dijon mustard
    splenda to taste

I don't like mine with a strong vinegar taste so adjust amounts as needed.. a little of the vinaigrette goes a long way..
    I usually put 1 cup or more depending on calories..into bowls in fridge.. I then make up my dressing and add 2 tbsp a few hours before I'm going to eat it.. so it doesn't get soggy

I've seen the hungry girl one but never tried it..going to this next week
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    bump
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Here's my recipe that I came up with when I had a bag hanging around this makes 1 serving:
    Meat - Chicken Breast , 4 ounces
    Thai Kitchen - Thin Rice Noodles, 2 oz (56g)
    Thai Kitchen - Red Curry 10 Minute Simmer Sauce, 1/2 cup
    Eat Smart - Broccoli Slaw 12 oz Bag, 3 oz (85g)

Heat water to boil noodles according to directions on box. Spray frying pan with olive oil and slice chicken into thin strips and cook with some chopped garlic (I get the prechopped and add to taste) add broccoli slaw and cook to chosen doneness (I like it still crisp so I don't remove the chicken from the pan, I just add the slaw when the meat is almost done.) Add curry sauce and rice noodles and cook til heated through then enjoy! 465 calories per serving
  • Selah37
    Selah37 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    PER SERVING (1/2 of recipe, 1 heaping cup): 148 calories, 3g fat, 610mg sodium, 24.5g carbs, 6g fiber, 10g sugars, 8g protein -- PointsPlus® value 4*

Prep: 5 minutes
    Cook: 15 minutes

One 12-oz. bag (4 cups) dry broccoli cole slaw
    1 cup low-fat creamy tomato soup (like Amy's Chunky Tomato Bisque) or canned crushed tomatoes
    1 tsp. chopped garlic, or more to taste
    Dash onion powder, or more to taste
    Dash each salt and black pepper, or more to taste
    Dash crushed red pepper, or more to taste
    3 tbsp. reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping, divided
    Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add slaw and 1/4 cup water. Stirring occasionally, cook until water has evaporated and slaw has softened slightly, about 5 - 8 minutes.

Add soup/tomatoes, garlic, spices, and 2 tbsp. grated topping. Stir and continue to cook until hot, about 3 - 4 minutes.

Season to taste with additional spices, if you like. Top with remaining 1 tbsp. grated topping. Enjoy!

MAKES 2 SERVINGS

slawsidepic.jpg

It takes amazing - like a good pasta. I used extra grated cheese. With the leftovers, I reheated in the skillet and added mushrooms.. OMG.. so good!

Wow! I will be trying this!!!
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I mix up equal part soy sauce and seasoned rice vinegar, a tiny bit of sesame oil and a bit of lemon juice, coat the slaw in it and let it sit for an hour or so in the fridge, then throw some sliced almonds in just before serving.
    Doesn't take much dressing at all, a couple tablespoons does a whole bag for me, makes a yummy Asian flavoured salad.
  • sassified66
    sassified66 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I use mine as salad instead of lettuce... I love the crunch of it andit taste great!
  • michelleg003
    Options
    Bump! A lot of these recipes sound so good!
  • prascon0812
    prascon0812 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Check out hungrygirl.com. Saw her on Dr Oz and she had ideas for it. Can't remember off the top og my head though
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I actually had some of that in my scrambled eggs the other day.
    I've also added it to my cheeseburgers...it's a nice crunch, and I found that I have to eat slower because it IS so crunchy..lol
    In the winter, I make cabbage soup..and I use a whole bag.
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • itsgood
    itsgood Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    stir fry w/ some canola oil and a bit of sesame oil, throw in a tiny bit of soy sauce...yum! One of my favorite go-to dishes!
  • jennyjo79
    jennyjo79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I too LOVE this stuff. I've eaten several different ways. I've used it in stir fry, I've put it in my lettuce salads for a little more of a filler.
    I've eaten it just as a salad with some grilled chicken tenders.

Marinade some chicken tenders..I've used garlic and herb and also teriyaki marinade. Grill add to salad and add a vinaigrette.
    I've also put in rotisserie chicken and chopped up half or 1/4 granny smith apple..also added silvered almonds and dried cranberries.

Basic vinaigrette dressing
    1 tbsp vinegar of choice( I've used....red wine, apple cider, white wine)
    2 tbsp olive oil
    1tsp dijon mustard
    splenda to taste

I don't like mine with a strong vinegar taste so adjust amounts as needed.. a little of the vinaigrette goes a long way..
    I usually put 1 cup or more depending on calories..into bowls in fridge.. I then make up my dressing and add 2 tbsp a few hours before I'm going to eat it.. so it doesn't get soggy

I've seen the hungry girl one but never tried it..going to this next week

Mmmm! I'll have to try adding chicken like you recommended.

I make something similar with cranberries & chopped or slivered almonds (depending on what I have on hand at the time). I also add a chopped apple and then I just use the Poppyseed Fit & Active dressing from Aldi's on it. It's DELICIOUS!
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    brought some to work today for my tuna lettuce wraps
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Dump it in a crock pot with splash of olive oil a cup of water.
    Let it go all day and serve with dinner.

Ok, THAT sounds GOOOOOOOOOOD! Thanks for the idea!!! :wink:
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    bump