you know what I hate? -crazy lady rant-

Options
124»

Replies

• ChubbyStudent25
    Options
    This is why I don't have friends on MFP I don't want other people judging me for what I am eating or how I am exercising and I don't want any advice. If I do decide I want some advice about something I will come to the forums and ask.
  • BGuerra1986
    BGuerra1986 Posts: 11
    Options
    I know how you feel! I have people telling me how to diet costantly. Just don't listen to them. If we don't eat the things we enjoy eating, we end up over indulging when we do decide to have it. As long as it's in moderation, there's nothing wrong with it. I have people downing me all the time for things. For instance- I hate brown rice, so I eat white rice. I don't EVER eat fruit. I hate fruit unless it's an overly sweet orange or a mango. I just watch my calories.
  • btb079
    btb079 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I take everything everyone says with a grain of salt. My eating habits are just that...MINE.
  • btb079
    btb079 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I had a complete stranger tell me last night at McDonalds that the salad I was eating had the most calories of anything else on the menu. I wanted to strangle that b!tch. Had my 7-year old not been sitting right there I may have. She was full of *kitten*, I'm pretty sure my Grilled Southwest Chicken Salad with NO dressing was WAY heathier than her TWO fried fish filet sandwiches, large order of fries, and TWO apple pies!

You showed restraint, I would have had my daughter hold my unsweetened iced tea to throttle her! :-)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Love and agree with every word of the OP!

I had a donut for breakfast today. The rest of my day is going to be filled with healthy choices (at least by my standards - some would argue against whatever breads, pasta or rice I might have later), but I'm pretty darn happy with my progress.
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options

I had a donut for breakfast today. The rest of my day is going to be filled with healthy choices (at least by my standards - some would argue against whatever breads, pasta or rice I might have later), but I'm pretty darn happy with my progress.

Shining example of doing it your way and having INCREDIBLE SUCCESS! P.S. You're awesome. :happy:
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    EFF 'EM
  • angeliis02
    angeliis02 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I haven't had that issue on MFP but I have it in real life. When I eat something and someone says "should you be eating that?" "is that allowed on your "diet"? It just plain ticks me off.
  • Aineko
    Aineko Posts: 163
    Options
    I hate it when someone starts lecturing me about what foods humans are SUPPOSED to eat. I'm SUPPOSED to eat an apple but not cake. I'm supposed to eat nuts and berries my body is not meant to digest a piece of garlic bread.
    I understand you - we went all this way to invent chocolate and now some people think we should all just give it up :bigsmile: .

All these "we don't need carbs/this/that/bla bla" is for me like saying "we don't need arts and culture". well yeah, maybe we don't. but *kitten* that life. I 'need' chocolate/good wine/garlic bread/cured meat/etc the same way I 'need' dancing. I don't however dance myself to death, so same goes for everything else. Everything in moderation :).
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options

Here Here! My diary is open to whomever wants to look at it, though if you have a comment about what I'm eating you better damn well have scientific proof to back up whatever nonsense says that the 4 of Oreos I had the other night, or that the one slice of pizza I had Friday is going to kill me right then and there. Otherwise, Piss Off and "Go Suck Donkey Balls", cause seriously, this is MY journey, MY diet, MY life, and more people have said good things about my diary than I've ever gotten bad feedback. I keep it open because I eat real food, and if it gives someone a good idea about new real food that they can prepare also, then more power to them! :) I've lost 63 lb eating processed foods AND healthy foods, indulging in restaurant fare and beer occasionally, and right now I'm building muscle like it's nobody's business, so if someone thinks I'm not doing it right, they can keep it to themselves. :)
  • mandie0378
    mandie0378 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Here Here! My diary is open to whomever wants to look at it, though if you have a comment about what I'm eating you better damn well have scientific proof to back up whatever nonsense says that the 4 of Oreos I had the other night, or that the one slice of pizza I had Friday is going to kill me right then and there. Otherwise, Piss Off and "Go Suck Donkey Balls", cause seriously, this is MY journey, MY diet, MY life, and more people have said good things about my diary than I've ever gotten bad feedback. I keep it open because I eat real food, and if it gives someone a good idea about new real food that they can prepare also, then more power to them! :) I've lost 63 lb eating processed foods AND healthy foods, indulging in restaurant fare and beer occasionally, and right now I'm building muscle like it's nobody's business, so if someone thinks I'm not doing it right, they can keep it to themselves. :)

How many calories are in Donkey Balls? They are organic. LOL
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I hate it when someone starts lecturing me about what foods humans are SUPPOSED to eat. I'm SUPPOSED to eat an apple but not cake. I'm supposed to eat nuts and berries my body is not meant to digest a piece of garlic bread.
    I understand you - we went all this way to invent chocolate and now some people think we should all just give it up :bigsmile: .

All these "we don't need carbs/this/that/bla bla" is for me like saying "we don't need arts and culture". well yeah, maybe we don't. but *kitten* that life. I 'need' chocolate/good wine/garlic bread/cured meat/etc the same way I 'need' dancing. I don't however dance myself to death, so same goes for everything else. Everything in moderation :).

Totally ^^this.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    sounds like you have some Paleo friends!!

LOL, too true. Paleo folk love to spread the good news and tell you how everything you are doing is wrong.

....eating a chocolate pudding as I read this thread...
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    sounds like you have some Paleo friends!!

LOL, too true. Paleo folk love to spread the good news and tell you how everything you are doing is wrong.

....eating a chocolate pudding as I read this thread...

There's a rather LARGE post from one on here . . . interestingly enough, their diary is not public. Hmmmmmm . . .