Alternative to chips?

Options
I typically have a sandwhich and chips - well usually cheeto's or frito's because that's what I have in the house for the kids. Now that I'm trying to eat healthier I need an alternative. I'm not huge on salads, I'll eat them but I don't necessarily like how they taste if I make them the night before and I don't have a lot of time in the morning to put stuff together. I also can't seem to make myself eat raw veggies either.

Replies

• magerz18
    magerz18 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Have you tried pop chips?!?! They are super yummy and the individual snack bags have 100 calories. I suggest the sweet potato or original!
  • Elona_30
    Elona_30 Posts: 66
    Options
    what about some of the flavoured rice cakes??
  • jennybaby89
    jennybaby89 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Another good one is these things called "Snapea Crisps." Not as nutritional as a side of veggies, but they cut my craving for chips! Pop Chips are another good alternative.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I love kettle chips and flamin hot cheetos. If I buy Subway for my lunch at work I will get a bag of kettle chips to go with it. I know it isn't the best choice but usually I don't buy lunch during the week so when I do its like a 'treat' to me to get them. Once in awhile on the weekends for lunch I'll make myself a sandwich and if we have flamin hot cheetos I'll have a handful with my sandwich. I refuse to give up things I like. Its all about moderation and fitting it in. Even if that means I have to work out harder that day.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    no chips
  • momw22000
    momw22000 Posts: 1
    Options
    Special K cracker crisps 110 calories for 30 chips.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Baked Kettle chips are really good but as always, only one portion.
  • RandomMiranda
    RandomMiranda Posts: 298
    Options
    100 calorie bag of popcorn. You can get light butter or kettle corn so you have salty and sweet options.
  • AliV91
    AliV91 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    How about air popped popcorn?
  • violabeatle
    violabeatle Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Reduced fat wheat thins satisfy my desire for salty foods and aren't quite as addictive as chips. I'll eat them with hummus usually, I'll count out the serving size of wheat thins and hummus and put it all out of sight!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots and hummice, or cashews (unsalted).
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I have been eating Veggie Straws by Sensible Portions they sell them at Sams Club and Walmart.... 38 straws is only 130 calories and they come in a variety of flavors. from Sweet BBQ, Apple Crisp, Sea Salt, Reg Veggie flavor, Cheddar cheese..... They are my go to chip for sandwich times.....
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    Have you tried veggie straws?
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I switched to baked versions of my favorite chips. My kids liked them so much I only buy baked chips now. Healthier on me and healthier on them.
  • lordsangel
    lordsangel Posts: 167
    Options
    Have you tried pop chips?!?! They are super yummy and the individual snack bags have 100 calories. I suggest the sweet potato or original!
    A friend was just telling me about those this morning! I had never heard of them before but she says they're delicious!
  • plisha729
    plisha729 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Special K cracker crisps 110 calories for 30 chips.

I agree! And they are delicious!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Baked Kettle chips are really good but as always, only one portion.

^^^^^^ this....
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Special K has something similar to chips-- you can have 27 for 110 calories.
  • londongirl2012
    londongirl2012 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    monkey nuts or flavoured/salted peanuts etc, baked kale chips?
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Low fat cheese - assuming it's the saltiness you are after? Are pretzels better than chips?