Someone talk me out of eating this Chocolate Chip Cookie!!!!

Options
Dang meetings - they had boxes and boxes the Costco Chocolate Chip cookies!!!!! I took just 1 - and now just can't decide if it's worth the calories!! BTW it's 210 calories for one stinking cookie!!!! :grumble:

Replies

• mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm the type of person that would let it torture me all day if I really wanted it and didn't eat it.

Maybe you could break it in half, throw one half in the trash and eat the other.

And then just track it and adjust?
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Try to think about how much more food you could eat for 210 calories! It's 1 cookie.. or something more that could fill you up :wink:
    You could always half it, or share it with someone who is likely to eat more than half haha.
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    PUT THAT DAMN COOKIE DOWN!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    If you want, you don't have to deprive yourself. How about eating half that cookie and making room for it in your day?
  • mtaylor1980
    mtaylor1980 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!

BTW-Today for the first time in my entire life I turned down a Reeses Peanut Butter cup!!!!!!!
    Now they are one of my favorite things EVER!!!! I was pretty shocked at my will power!!!!!!
    So if I can turn that down, you can say no to the cookie....good luck!!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If you decide you want a cookie, you can go out and buy a really nice one from a bakery. You don't have to eat food just because it's there.
  • prsusa38
    prsusa38 Posts: 29
    Options
    You can eat it, just will have to adjust your calorie intake. One cookie once ina while won't hurt, just don't do it everyday...wasted calories.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Eat it. I have found that when jacks**es do this at my work I have fiber one bars to supplement, same taste 70 less calories.
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :smile: I was in a similar situation about 4 weeks ago but with doughnuts at a meeting.... I simply ate half the doughnut, slowly & enjoyed it. I fought myself all day and was more miserable doing that than I was just eating half the doughnut. I revised my dinner to make up some of the calories & went for a bike ride with my dogs that night. I'm still losing weight it's a lifestyle will you spend the rest of your life tourturing yourself over one cookie or a half a cookie...

THis last weekend yep I ate pizza with the family but the rest of the day I ate healthy choices, you can have the cookie if you'd like just eat healthy & do a little exercise.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I just ate 2.5 brownies so i feel you. Not worth the calories but ummm yeah...its that time SOO i shall work hard today burning those calories.

DO NOT deny yourself things or you WILL binge.
  • mfchiumento
    mfchiumento Posts: 32
    Options
    On the first day of my decision to change my life, there was a party and they of course had the BEST COOKIES EVER delivered. I didn't take one, but someone brought me one and it has sat on my desk for the last two weeks in the plastic wrapping. It reminds me everyday of what exactly I can do. On the other hand I had mini baby ruths for a snack today.
  • vltaylor35
    vltaylor35 Posts: 72
    Options
    if you need to ask us then it probably isnt woprth the calories!!
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    *steals and eats the cookie. There. Problem solved!
  • Pashen4fit
    Pashen4fit Posts: 63
    Options
    OMG I wish I could help .....I would prob say don't eat it give it to me (bad girl)
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    *steals and eats the cookie. There. Problem solved!

win
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Dang meetings - they had boxes and boxes the Costco Chocolate Chip cookies!!!!! I took just 1 - and now just can't decide if it's worth the calories!! BTW it's 210 calories for one stinking cookie!!!! :grumble:

Eat it, you can eat what you want! Just stay within your calories!
  • riadastfu
    riadastfu Posts: 69
    Options
    Give it to someone else. Console yourself with the fact that you just saved yourself 210calories, while whomever you gave it to is 3290cals to gaining another lb.:bigsmile:
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Step away from the cookie...SLOWLY.
  • haatnip
    haatnip Posts: 7
    Options
    I suggest that if you do want it, make sure you do extra excersize today to compensate! Go for a 1/2 hour walk later, or whatever you see fit.

That or chuck the cookie at someone you don't like. Perhaps equally as pleasurable as eating it?
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I would either work into your calorie allowance for the day OR answer the question...."Will I ever regret saying NO to this cookie?"

What is it doing to fuel your body?

A cookie every now and then is okay...can you stop with one cookie or will it send you into a tail spin of eating badly?

We are all different and can handle temptations differently - sounds like you need to walk away...at least this time :)