RUNNERS!!! What percentage of the time does...

Options
1235»

Replies

• Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options
    My boyfriend didn't bother going with me to my mud event on Sunday because he was up watching the fight and went to bed late. He had said he would go to cheer me on from the day I told him I signed up for it. It was really disappointing when he didn't get up and go with me that morning since I was expecting him to go. It was my first time doing something like that and I really wanted him there. I got so mad I wanted to beat his *kitten* when he said he wasn't going. He started whining like a little ***** about going to bed at 3am and crap so I just left and took out my frustrations on the course.

I sent him on the biggest guilt trip possible and rejoiced in it. Don't tell me you're going to do something, then sell me out. He's still in the doghouse because of it.
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I wanna say 100% of the time, but I'm sure maybe he missed one, but probably because he was taking our boys to whatever activity they had.

Now, we usually sign up for the same races and ditch the boys with my mom, LOL Actually, she will usually bring them and spectate.

It's turning into a family affair. My mom just bought running sneakers & started C25K...A family that runs/spectates together, stays together!
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have my first race at the start of June, but my boyfriend will be going to every race (as a spectator) as long as it's on a weekend and not a weekend that he is away at his parents cottage.
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My husband and I run all races together...he always finishes way before me but we do every race together and he is always at the finish line cheering me on!!:smile:
  • akvreeland
    akvreeland Posts: 27
    Options
    My husband rarely goes to events with me...my daughter and my parents are there for every single one. My husband...not so much :(
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    My current has been to all.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I am currently single, but when I was going to 5ks and the like, I even dragged my ex with me after we had broken up. I would say it was about 75% of the time. I'm very convincing I suppose LOL
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    my husband has never competed with me in a race..and i'm not holding my breath for him to. I would absolutely love it but working out isn't his cup o' tea. oh well.

My 1/2 marathon will be the first time he goes to a race to cheer me on.
  • volvol16
    volvol16 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    (Triathletes too)

What percentage of the time does your spouse/ gf/ bf go to races with you when YOU are the one competing?

Usually, my boyfriend is running with me, but when I am running a longer race (half marathon) he goes and supports me. I'm thankful to have him--he is the family I"m creating for myself. :)
  • kazza2cats
    kazza2cats Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    100% He has to as I don't drive. He takes plenty of pics. I only do a few a year so he doesn't mind as he has plenty of weekends doing his own hobbies.

It would be better if he ran too............I'm working on that one!
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    So she's missed one.
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I live in different states due to our work situations, but he was supposed to be home during my first half-marathon this year. I was ecstatic when I signed up for it and asked him to bring the kids and meet me at the finish line. His response? "I don't wanna stand there with them waiting on you. Can't your mom or somebody else bring them?" Needless to say, I moved his visit home to another time when I would be less likely to choke him and found an awesome friend to bring the kids out. That was my first and only race (so far) but I won't be asking him again.
  • Dan_Lifts
    Dan_Lifts Posts: 22
    Options
    100% of 2, so far. My wife drove around the city of Albany to find several good vantage points to cheer me on during my marathon, and the 5k was a little easier...for both of us. There'll be more, just not this year, and she'll most likely be there for most of them.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Am I the ONLY one who prefers to go it alone? :huh: Say it ain't so! :sad:
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    (Triathletes too)

What percentage of the time does your spouse/ gf/ bf go to races with you when YOU are the one competing?

Usually, my boyfriend is running with me, but when I am running a longer race (half marathon) he goes and supports me. I'm thankful to have him--he is the family I"m creating for myself. :)
    I love this response :bigsmile: Sounds like so many people have found great support out there! Many of you have posted such lovely responses :heart: Yay!
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Am I the ONLY one who prefers to go it alone? :huh: Say it ain't so! :sad:

nope ;) you're not alone! Its mommy's time w her bestie :) Hubby has brought our kiddos to a few events, but its not often that he does so (and i am ok with it). Kids have entered some fun runs (i love this part) but hubby has never entered an event that i've been in and he has never asked me to run one of the (few) events he has done with his office teamates.
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hubby is getting into racing, but he's not at my level yet. He used to support me at the beginning, but it's a bit a nightmare to park anywhere near where I'm racing and I have my own little routine. Longer races he'll come out if he can, it's nice to have someone to meet up with and to give you a towel, some food or just a hug (sweaty hug) He did say that he got a bit spaced out because of all the people that ran past him and he was looking for me. He knows it's my thing and he supports me by cooking me a post race meal and letting me nap afterwards :D
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 7
    Options
    50/50 in my case. He gets bonus points for flying to Fl. to watch me run my first 1/2 marathon!!! We are running our first race together in June, a 5K. He says he wants to run a longer race because he was jealous of my medal :) Let's hope he follows through... it would be awesome!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    100% Plus she paces me on my long runs riding a bike.