How bad is it to dink Diet Coke??

Options

Replies

• jensterx3
    jensterx3 Posts: 21
    Options
    soda in general is REALLY bad for you. All of that sugar that rots your teeth and puts on pounds :/ diet soda is worse because they take out the calories and put in artificial sweeteners that can give you cancer.
  • katie001x
    katie001x Posts: 19
    Options
    I've heard good and bad things about both sides. The worst thing I've heard about diet pop came from my husband's endocrinologist. He said there is a chemical in diet pop that can increase your body's resistance to insulin. But only if you drink a lot of diet pop daily. I think that I drink a lot of diet pop, but so far have not had any problems, so really only worry if you are drinking more than 52oz a day. I know it is bad to drink that much pop, but my body is weird. If I drink large amounts of ANYTHING (including water, but not including pop) my stomach hurts and if I push it too far I throw up. My stomach is the most sensitive to unflavored water. Can't drink it at all. If I flavor it, I can stomach a little more, but it never quenches my thirst. Yet pop makes me feel just fine and dandy. I've talked to my doctor about it, and they have no idea what is going on with it. They tried me on a pill that was supposed to settle my stomach, but it didn't help. Does anyone else have that problem?
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I drink diet coke(caffeine free) like it was water. In mass quantities and not in moderation. No problems with teeth, health, or anything else.

In the same boat, although I fully accept that my liver or a kidney will explode when I'm 90.

52 ounces a day? I drink triple that.
  • CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    I don't drink much soda. I usually get Diet coke/coke zero when out getting a drink from the soda fountain. If I'm at a restaurant I'll ask for water though, because I know I'll suck it down super quick. Otherwise, I try not to drink it at home! I don't think it will do you any harm, but it's best not to have more than 1-2 cups of it a day especially if you're exercising because it will dehydrate you!
  • yikesy
    yikesy Posts: 4
    Options
    Just wondering...what did you replace it with?
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Ever since I stopped drinking pop I drink diet. Coke zero, diet sunkist, diet mt. dew...... hasn't hindered me none, and I drink 1-2 cans a day as well.
  • arthurbchaney
    Options
    DIet coke is full of Poison if you are going to drink soda might as well just go with coke, its still bad but all natural. I would never in my life drink a diet any soda, id rather eat my own vomit
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    It tastes really gross. So I don't drink it.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Drinking it on a regular basis may not be the best for your health. I'd stick to just water if you truly want a healthier lifestyle.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Holy ****, lots of folks have drunk the "diet soda will kill you!!!" Kool Aid.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    soda in general is REALLY bad for you. All of that sugar that rots your teeth and puts on pounds :/ diet soda is worse because they take out the calories and put in artificial sweeteners that can give you cancer.

sure. they can give you cancer. if you take a daily bath in them. maybe.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    It's not bad. Next question.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Very bad. It eats up your insides... Have you ever put a steak in a bowl of coke? That coke will tear it up. GROSS.

have you ever put a steak in your stomach? stomach acid will tear it up. (it will do the same to coke, by the way.)
  • Shollin243
    Shollin243 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 pounds literally drinking a 12 pack of Diet Pepsi a day. I ended up gaining it back but that was unrelated. I used to drink the same amount in regular pop. I'll go down drinking diet pop.
  • diddyh
    diddyh Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    The carbonation pulls calcium from your body but as long as you're not deficient and still working your bones, there shouldn't be a problem.

^^^^^^ This!

I had a doctor tell me this and show me on an xray where the calcuim problems were on my back. He told me, "Stop with the pop!!!"
  • Shollin243
    Shollin243 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I guess I need to take a calcium supplement after drinking my pop.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I was raised to believe that only men should dink women, and vice versa. Since then, I've realized that it doesn't matter who you dink, or what you dink, for that matter. If you want to dink Diet Coke, go for it. To each his own.
    But do you support Diet Coke marriage????
  • BlueYetti
    BlueYetti Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't think everyday is in moderation.
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I was raised to believe that only men should dink women, and vice versa. Since then, I've realized that it doesn't matter who you dink, or what you dink, for that matter. If you want to dink Diet Coke, go for it. To each his own.

:laugh: