black ladies in here

Options

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Well, I quoted the biggest piece of **** from this article, and it was deleted. Nice. I invite everyone to read the article and see the **** she wrote in there about why black women should avoid looking fit.

what was deleted ? i feel everyone should have input no matter what stupid moderators

did you not learn anything from yesterdays posts?

lol i can barely spell dont expect me to learn

^ True.

Also, just my 2 cents. I kind of have a ghetto-ish @ss, and I periodically get hit on by the dark gentleman folk. But some light gentleman folk also like a booty. I think it's just personal preference. Some women are curvy AND fit, all at the same time.

What's a ghetto-ish *kitten*?
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Also, just my 2 cents. I kind of have a ghetto-ish @ss, and I periodically get hit on by the dark gentleman folk. But some light gentleman folk also like a booty. I think it's just personal preference. Some women are curvy AND fit, all at the same time.
    I imagine it as having some graffiti on it, perhaps.
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    as for as white american men, none of them have ever approached me
    Until now. Hi there...

How you doin! =P
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    lol heres what i feel is funny i got black guy and girl friends and when we get togather i bet 70% of what we say back and forth would sound racist to others but its just friends talking nothing more its the fact the media plays races against each other and both whites and blacks are so scared they will offend they dont really get to relax around each other and not take stuff so litteral

You know for someone that can't spell very well, you do seem to make some good points. Underlying intelligence has been wasted, I think.

lol yeah i spent my youth sculpting my stunning body not schooling ......i stand by my choice lolll

And farming underwear!

:)
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    as for as white american men, none of them have ever approached me
    Until now. Hi there...

Hey man, I don't get to look at your wife, you don't get to 'Hi there...' my MFPeep!

Don't make me go postal on you buddy...

(No offense intended towards the USPS or postal workers in general).
  • paulasue145
    paulasue145 Posts: 157
    Options
    my husband's white and he wants me curvy...

thank goodness...cuz even at a healthy weight, i'm not a stick.
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    :)
  • davitalynette
    davitalynette Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    In my personal life this has actually been true. I'm tall (6'0") and heavy but with a curvy figure. In the past when I have said "Oh, I'm trying to lose weight" or "I'm trying to work out and get healthy" I have been told "Don't lose any of that - you're body is beautiful" or "Don't get all skinny" or just basically been discouraged against it like I'm not going to be attractive with all this extra weight which is ridiculous! But YES this statement is somewhat true because although I know a lot of guys who love 'meat' or 'thicker' women it does not make it hard for me to lose weight because it isn't about them - it's about what I want and what's healthy for me.
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    whitewomen.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I was gonna stay outta this and lurk but this made me spit my tea out!! LMAOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Okay, let me choose my words very carefully here.....I think that the idea black men prefer their women with curves and white men prefer their women skinny is a backwoods, stereotypical generalization...simply put. However, in my opinion, there are some cultural truths involved. I don't think that the majority of the black women here will say that there husbands/significant others mind that they are losing weight and gaining healthier lives. Genetically speaking, black women are predisposed to having fuller hips, thighs, and butts.....some don't, but generally speaking...they do. So duh, a black man would be crazy to not be attracted to the feature most of us have. It's still sort of stone age because in my world 2012, men of any race can date women of any race and along with this lovely freedom comes many different body types, shapes, etc. At the end of the day, it's about preference, and if those friends of yours ONLY like curvy (BIG) black women then that's their preference and they don't speak for the rest of the world.

Well said and way to go on your weight loss!!!:drinker: such an inspiration!!!
  • davitalynette
    davitalynette Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I imagine it as having some graffiti on it, perhaps.
    LMAO
  • paulasue145
    Options
    whitewomen.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I was gonna stay outta this and lurk but this made me spit my tea out!! LMAOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OMG I'M DYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WAS GRRRRREAT!!!!!!!:laugh: :drinker: :laugh:
  • DoingItNow2012
    DoingItNow2012 Posts: 424 Member
    Options

Here is a rebuttal I like to that ridiculous blog.

http://www.ebony.com/news-views/your-blackness-aint-like-mine

Anyway, I don't get this from anyone. No one in my world is saying that to me, but maybe it's because I already don't have a "black" (roll eyes) booty. But yeah, You can be curvy and not fat at the same time. All races have body image issues and ideal body image views change over time.
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options

what she said.....:bigsmile:
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options

Here is a rebuttal I like to that ridiculous blog.

http://www.ebony.com/news-views/your-blackness-aint-like-mine

Anyway, I don't get this from anyone. No one in my world is saying that to me, but maybe it's because I already don't have a "black" (roll eyes) booty. But yeah, You can be curvy and not fat at the same time. All races have body image issues and ideal body image views change over time.

Great read
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

As for me, men of all races love me :o) But I must say, when it comes to white men, I typically only get hit on by Italians, Russians and Eastern European men...as for as white american men, none of them have ever approached me

this has been my experience as well.. i can probably count on one hand the number of times a WAM has hit on me, but the vast majority of white men that approach me are non americans - eastern and northern europeans mainly. i have no idea why either. oh and for the record i dont have a stereotypical pear shaped black booty either
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Okay, let me choose my words very carefully here.....I think that the idea black men prefer their women with curves and white men prefer their women skinny is a backwoods, stereotypical generalization...simply put. However, in my opinion, there are some cultural truths involved. I don't think that the majority of the black women here will say that there husbands/significant others mind that they are losing weight and gaining healthier lives. Genetically speaking, black women are predisposed to having fuller hips, thighs, and butts.....some don't, but generally speaking...they do. So duh, a black man would be crazy to not be attracted to the feature most of us have. It's still sort of stone age because in my world 2012, men of any race can date women of any race and along with this lovely freedom comes many different body types, shapes, etc. At the end of the day, it's about preference, and if those friends of yours ONLY like curvy (BIG) black women then that's their preference and they don't speak for the rest of the world.

Well said and way to go on your weight loss!!!:drinker: such an inspiration!!!

Well, Thank you!!!! I think we should stroll away singing "Ebony and Ivory live together in perfect harmony"........:bigsmile:
  • paulasue145
    Options

what she said.....:bigsmile:

Awesome girlfriend!!! and so it should be! :)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    In terms of stereotyping:

white men like breasts
    black men (and latin men) like hips, thighs and butts

A big chest can show up on someone who has no hips, butt or thighs. Or it can show on someone who is curvier everywhere else. But hips, butts and thighs show up with either body fat or muscle stored there. Generally speaking women store fat in these places by default (and this is a sign of fertility).

And black women tend to be more muscular and have higher bone density than their non-black counterparts. [Academic study, http://www.ajcn.org/content/71/6/1392.full]

But generally speaking, men like softer bigger women. And women (particularly white women) generally aspire something a little thinner than typical male preference. [http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/why-women-need-fat/201202/do-men-find-very-skinny-women-attractive]

One thing that is true, as you move up in class, the shape/size of the "ideal" woman starts to be defined as slimmer. As in you can never be too rich or thin....
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options

As for me, men of all races love me :o) But I must say, when it comes to white men, I typically only get hit on by Italians, Russians and Eastern European men...as for as white american men, none of them have ever approached me

this has been my experience as well.. i can probably count on one hand the number of times a WAM has hit on me, but the vast majority of white men that approach me are non americans - eastern and northern europeans mainly. i have no idea why either. oh and for the record i dont have a stereotypical pear shaped black booty either

Same for me. I get hit on by everyone else. I have a flat butt, big chest. I am a pear-y hourglass. But oddly, recently, more hipster 20-something WAM have been hitting on me.