Cottage Cheese.... This may seem silly....

Options
1235»

Replies

• RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I just tried it for the first time a few months ago and I made everyone at work tell me how they ate theirs.It took me 27 years to try it because I am not big on textures either.. I like it with salt and pepper. I did not like it with Pinapple but I heard Peaches are really good, Good luck!
  • fatboy235
    fatboy235 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I make potato pancakes and mix in the cottage cheese with the four, diced onion, shreded cheese and eggs.....mmmm
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    mix 1/4 a cup in with a garden salad and dressing...mix well, it'll almost just blend in...
    OR
    take 1/2 a cup and mix with a del monte 50 calorie mixed fruit can... makes it sweet n yummy
    OR
    1/2 cup with nothing on it... it tastes good plain..

one thing to note : the non fat variety is much more bitter than the lowfat, 4 % fat or whole fat.
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with yogurt. Is that weird? I love it.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    right out of the container
  • yarwy
    yarwy Posts: 43
    Options
    I love it!! My granny got me hooked on it as a child....I love it with sliced cucumbers, or with pickled beets, or with tuna salad on crackers, or with smoked turkey and always with pepper on it!! Oh,yeah--don't forget PLAIN!!!:flowerforyou:
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I absolutely adore cottage cheese with rice a roni! Not that rice a roni is a very healthy food lol, but I ate this Combo growing up. It's also very good mixed with tuna and veggies and served with Your favorite cracker. Some people like it with fruit. I also use it in place of salad dressing on any salad.
  • julie9200
    julie9200 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am a new kid to cottage cheese. I have literally never taken a bite of it before in my life. To be honest, I am kind of scared of it, as i don't do really well with textures... LOL

However, I bought some at the grocery this weekend. Any suggestions on how to eat it?

No suggestions on the cottage cheese. I used to love it with just salt & pepper, but then developed an aversion to it.
    But I totally understand the texture thing. I can't do meatloafs or meatballs or really thick burgers. Well, I will eat the crispy crust from a meatloaf, but not the squishy middle, lol
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I mix a little in with my salads, it's a good substitute for chunks of cheese.